First January signing

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

First January signing

Post by bristleposh » 18 Dec 2018, 19:04

Lee Tomlin on loan from Cardiff.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8744365

Apparently Nandos have said they are planning on expanding their Peterborough store
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Re: First January signing

Post by ashman » 19 Dec 2018, 07:39

'Posh will pay towards Tomlins wage, it is believed they will pay 20% of his current £30,000 a week wages.!!!!'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 19 Dec 2018, 08:49

ashman wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 07:39
'Posh will pay towards Tomlins wage, it is believed they will pay 20% of his current £30,000 a week wages.!!!!'
That's more than most folk get in a year.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 19 Dec 2018, 09:58

Which probably means Cummings is going back to Forest as I doubt we'd be able to afford the wages for both. Cummings is a shining example of the coaching 'qualities' of Evans & Raynor, arrived on fire and once they get hold of him he goes down hill rapidly.

Great to see Tomlin back though & looking forward to seeing him play with Maddison, Toney & Godden.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Dec 2018, 10:19

HantsPosh wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 09:58
Which probably means Cummings is going back to Forest as I doubt we'd be able to afford the wages for both. Cummings is a shining example of the coaching 'qualities' of Evans & Raynor, arrived on fire and once they get hold of him he goes down hill rapidly.

Great to see Tomlin back though & looking forward to seeing him play with Maddison, Toney & Godden.
Looking ahead, and back, playing those four will be a problem.on paper that would look like a distinct 4-2-4. Our problems have all been about the back four and the lack of midfield help for the back four. I believe that whenever Tomlin was most effective for us was when played as part of a front two in front of a diamond with McCann playing as an excellent quarterback. I don't think that Dembele or Maddison are good enough to play the wide players in that system, whilst Read who would be the obvious choice to play at the tip of the diamond tends to want to play deeper perhaps in the old McCann role. Woodyard has been our only consistent performer this season, but if you play Read in that QB role where would he fit in, he's certainly not a winger or a number ten and doesn't to me appear to have the distribution for the base of a diamond. As our much maligned manager wants to play 4-4-2 where does Tomlin fit in.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 19 Dec 2018, 12:49

I am not a fan of players coming back as they are never as good as they were, which gets everybody frustrated. CMS and Paul Taylor are both good examples of this.

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Dec 2018, 13:19

Steamy Nin wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 12:49
I am not a fan of players coming back as they are never as good as they were, which gets everybody frustrated. CMS and Paul Taylor are both good examples of this.
Both of those were only here to get extra fitness before returning to their own clubs. Paul Taylor and Tommy Rowe played against the Posh second string at the training ground yesterday and Taylor (31 years old) completely ran the midfield for Doncaster. It was only when he was sent off for using some rather colourful language towards the ref that Posh could get a grip on the game. There is still a lot more to come from Paul Taylor and getting wound up against officials shows just how close he is to getting back to his best.

Lee Tomlin is still only 29 and he and DMac have had a love-in for years. DMac still reckons that he is the most talented player he has ever had. I just hope the two of them can bury the 'Celtic' hatchet and work tirelessly for Posh once again. All Lee has to do is learn how to manage himself in the present manager's eyes! Hold on to your hats chaps. It could be a rocky road in the next few months!

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 19 Dec 2018, 13:25

ashman wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:19
Steamy Nin wrote:
Both of those were only here to get extra fitness before returning to their own clubs. Paul Taylor and Tommy Rowe played against the Posh second string at the training ground yesterday and Taylor (31 years old) completely ran the midfield for Doncaster. It was only when he was sent off for using some rather colourful language towards the ref that Posh could get a grip on the game. There is still a lot more to come from Paul Taylor and getting wound up against officials shows just how close he is to getting back to his best.

Lee Tomlin is still only 29 and he and DMac have had a love-in for years. DMac still reckons that he is the most talented player he has ever had. I just hope the two of them can bury the 'Celtic' hatchet and work tirelessly for Posh once again. All Lee has to do is learn how to manage himself in the present manager's eyes! Hold on to your hats chaps. It could be a rocky road in the next few months!
Don't get me wrong I really hope it works out, but Tomlin hasn't kicked a ball in anger since the end of last season and I really don't think that he and Magic will hit it off, but if they do then we could really come alive in the 2nd half of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Dec 2018, 13:33

Steamy Nin wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:25
ashman wrote:
Steamy Nin wrote:

Don't get me wrong I really hope it works out, but Tomlin hasn't kicked a ball in anger since the end of last season and I really don't think that he and Magic will hit it off, but if they do then we could really come alive in the 2nd half of the season, but I'm not holding my breath.
I don't think anybody is, to be honest!

.... but don't forget Ken Charlery and Leon McKenzie who both proved that a return can work out. Interesting quote from Tomlin though!

Tomlin hit back at critics in November, telling the Football League Paper: "But you can do any test you want – my body fat is low. I'm quite short and I've got low ribs that stick out. From a side angle, it looks like I'm fat. But ask anyone I've played with and they'll tell you it's just not true."

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Dec 2018, 14:02

ashman wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:33
Steamy Nin wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:25
ashman wrote:

I don't think anybody is, to be honest!

.... but don't forget Ken Charlery and Leon McKenzie who both proved that a return can work out. Interesting quote from Tomlin though!

Tomlin hit back at critics in November, telling the Football League Paper: "But you can do any test you want – my body fat is low. I'm quite short and I've got low ribs that stick out. From a side angle, it looks like I'm fat. But ask anyone I've played with and they'll tell you it's just not true."
I'd be delighted to be that fat.

It is of course total rubbish, he ain't fat, he isn't unfit except match fitness wise.

What do those who accuse him of theses things think a professional footballer does day in day out whether a part of the first team or not.?

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 19 Dec 2018, 15:12

Wycliffe wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 14:02

What do those who accuse him of theses things think a professional footballer does day in day out whether a part of the first team or not.?
Spend their time in tattoo parlours and at hair salons having exotic hair styles. :P
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Dec 2018, 17:27

Poshay wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 15:12
Wycliffe wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 14:02

Spend their time in tattoo parlours and at hair salons having exotic hair styles. :P
Indeed although that's after they've ran round like lunatics putting on weight according to some