Exeter v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Exeter v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Dec 2018, 09:06

In the Micky Mouse 12" remix single kicks off tonight at 7.15. I'll be going. I imagine as one of only a few, to see the Reserves in action
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Re: Exeter v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 05 Dec 2018, 01:44

79 Posh Fans in attendance. Nice gesture by the Chairmen to pay for a hot drink & choice bar for all away fans, much appreciated.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Dec 2018, 09:32

HantsPosh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 01:44
79 Posh Fans in attendance. Nice gesture by the Chairmen to pay for a hot drink & choice bar for all away fans, much appreciated.
Very good gesture indeed, it probably cost them more than they expected as the number attending certainly shocked all of us. Posh played some quiet good football, less emphasis on the hoof, far better goalkeeping, two fullbacks looking strong especially going forward. Great control from Woody and Reid, Cooper seemed to be a bit of a spare one at a wedding. Maddison seemed to come to life with ball at feet in an attacking quarter whilst not forgetting his defensive duties, on one occasion being the last defender. I had two jokers, knowing my opinion of the player, telling me how great he was every time he touched the ball, even even taking a throw in. Toney and Cummings kept their defence honest whilst not really troubling them unduly.
Not the worst team we have played this season, and to win on their turf, having hit the post and bar, the score line could have been far greater. Even the manager didn’t manage to muck things up with his substitutions. Nice pub, pre match but not very busy, one wonders if the local supporters use the pub pre game on a Saturday, because if that was how it usually survives, survive will probably not be for much longer.
The ground looks far better than for our last visit, but it seems strange to have a stand going only half way along one side. A bit of cover over what I assume would normally be the away end. Wouldn’t fancy it gives much shelter if it was tipping it down. Got back to BS11 shortly after 10.30 so all in all a very enjoyable evening out. Looking forward to a couple of other Saturday fixtures before the end of this season.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 05 Dec 2018, 11:14

Excellent away trip.
Happy hour in the pub all snuggled in the snug, 2 seconds from a very nice ground. I love their terrace.
Was good for this “joker” to help re-educate Brizzle. Easy Easy!!
Trouble these days is, can never relax and enjoy our performance even at 2 up with 8 to go :shock:
Great gesture from our Chairmen. Gonna enjoy my Mars bar later.
And big surprise to get our coach fare refunded courtesy of our Manager.
Thanks Guys xxx

Roll on Saturday and another good result

:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Dec 2018, 11:17

poshnipper wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 11:14
Excellent away trip.
Happy hour in the pub all snuggled in the snug, 2 seconds from a very nice ground. I love their terrace.
Was good for this “joker” to help re-educate Brizzle. Easy Easy!!
Trouble these days is, can never relax and enjoy our performance even at 2 up with 8 to go :shock:
Great gesture from our Chairmen. Gonna enjoy my Mars bar later.
And big surprise to get our coach fare refunded courtesy of our Manager.
Thanks Guys xxx

Roll on Saturday and another good result

:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
That was excellent as well from Mr Evans. Shame he didn't reimburse Mr Wass for his petrol money, and the beer money from the boozer.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 05 Dec 2018, 11:54

That is a good gesture by Mr Evans to be fair, it's a bl00dy long way from Peterborough to Exeter. It was nearly a 3 hour drive there just from the Hampshire/Berkshire Border which was long enough, so fair play to him. I'd just be happy if he'd stop shouting and swearing at his players all the time, which in a near empty stadium last night was very noticable.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Dec 2018, 12:43

HantsPosh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 11:54
That is a good gesture by Mr Evans to be fair, it's a bl00dy long way from Peterborough to Exeter. It was nearly a 3 hour drive there just from the Hampshire/Berkshire Border which was long enough, so fair play to him. I'd just be happy if he'd stop shouting and swearing at his players all the time, which in a near empty stadium last night was very noticable.
I'm definitely going deaf I didn't hear him once, although I did hear Ashman an posh nipper eulogising magic every time he went close to the ball.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 05 Dec 2018, 13:44

bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 12:43
HantsPosh wrote:
I'm definitely going deaf I didn't hear him once, although I did hear Ashman an posh nipper eulogising magic every time he went close to the ball.
I dont like it either and I’m sure it ain’t helpful mid-match. I try not to tune into him then I don’t usually hear him. Fatal though if you hear him once. Must admit, didnt hear him last night.

Brizzle, final lesson of the week ..... in this case magic is spelled Magic :lol:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

ashman

Post by ashman » 05 Dec 2018, 17:28

poshnipper wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 13:44
bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 12:43
HantsPosh wrote:
I dont like it either and I’m sure it ain’t helpful mid-match. I try not to tune into him then I don’t usually hear him. Fatal though if you hear him once. Must admit, didnt hear him last night.

Brizzle, final lesson of the week ..... in this case magic is spelled Magic :lol:
Lovely to see you bristle and thanks for that last minute pint before heading to St James Park!

.... and a final lesson - it is ashman and poshnipper not Ashman and posh nipper! Completed words, capitals and spaces are applicable to Magic too! :D :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Dec 2018, 18:17

I blame auto correct every time I type his name it comes up as Marmite

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Dec 2018, 10:52

bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:17
Time to grow up bristle, and realise that Marcus Maddison is the most talented and unique player we have had at Posh since George Boyd. It's not even funny anymore! Ultra talented players nearly always have their failings, e.g. Lee Tomlin, Rodney Marsh, Paul Gascoigne, Glenn Hoddle, Stan Bowles and many, many more that I am sure you could name. They have all been lauded by the general public and not openly slated for their indiscretions, as players nowadays are, in this cruel world of social media.
Marcus needs to be treated a lot differently to other players and calling him Marmite etc. is definitely out of order! If you really want to see the best of the lad join with the rest of us Marcus fans and give him every encouragement you can at every opportunity!

In Posh terms the one thing that can be said is that our own George Boyd did not possess any of the usual foibles and that is why our sage Brian (and many others) recognise that he really was the consummate professional and the only one to show complete good manners. He was mega talented too! There is no one else, according to Brian, who comes close to Denis Emery over all the intervening years!

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 06 Dec 2018, 13:36

Draw 12.20pm on Saturday on some sky channel or another

1 Bristol Rovers
2 Chelsea U21
3 Cheltenham Town
4 Northampton Town
5 Posh
6 Portsmouth
7 Southend United
8 Oxford United or Tottenham Hotspur U21

Cheltenham away would do me as I've never seen Posh play there. I've seen us at 61 of the current 92 now. Sure there's people out of there who are up in the late 70s or 80s?

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Dec 2018, 13:53

HantsPosh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 13:36

1 Bristol Rovers
2 Chelsea U21
3 Cheltenham Town
4 Northampton Town
5 Posh
6 Portsmouth
7 Southend United

Cheltenham away would do me as I've never seen Posh play there. I've seen us at 61 of the current 92 now. Sure there's people out of there who are up in the late 70s or 80s?
Cobblers

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2018, 14:03

HantsPosh wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 13:36

1 Bristol Rovers
2 Chelsea U21
3 Cheltenham Town
4 Northampton Town
5 Posh
6 Portsmouth
7 Southend United

...and a cracking pub I can recommend wholeheartedly. That or Rovers away would be the only ones I could go to.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Dec 2018, 14:10

ashman wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 10:52
bristleposh wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:17
Time to grow up bristle, and realise that Marcus Maddison is the most talented and unique player we have had at Posh since George Boyd. It's not even funny anymore! Ultra talented players nearly always have their failings, e.g. Lee Tomlin, Rodney Marsh, Paul Gascoigne, Glenn Hoddle, Stan Bowles and many, many more that I am sure you could name. They have all been lauded by the general public and not openly slated for their indiscretions, as players nowadays are, in this cruel world of social media.
Marcus needs to be treated a lot differently to other players and calling him Marmite etc. is definitely out of order! If you really want to see the best of the lad join with the rest of us Marcus fans and give him every encouragement you can at every opportunity!

In Posh terms the one thing that can be said is that our own George Boyd did not possess any of the usual foibles and that is why our sage Brian (and many others) recognise that he really was the consummate professional and the only one to show complete good manners. He was mega talented too! There is no one else, according to Brian, who comes close to Denis Emery over all the intervening years!

Putting him in the same sentence as Boyd, Emery and Tomlin is egging it a bit too much. He is the most influential player we have at the moment. Boyd and Tomlin proved their abilities at a higher level, when he does that I will give him the same respect. I have often said he is talented, there are many Posh fans who dislike his attitude and theatrics, they can't all be wrong, this is the same with Marmite Many love it many hate it.