Bradford v Posh (FA CUP ROUND 2 Replay)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Narrowboat Dave

Re: Bradford v Posh (FA CUP ROUND 2 Replay)

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 11 Dec 2018, 23:52

I had corrected it before your post went on Bristle!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Dec 2018, 23:55

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 23:32
No change in extra time, but Posh win 3-2 on penalties. Connor saved 3.
Oh yea
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 12 Dec 2018, 03:03

Cracking afternoon and evening out.
Persuaded our lovely licker driver to drop us at the top of that blimmin’ hill ..... about 25 yards from t’pub :clap2: :clap2: Then rolled on down said hill to the ground. Nice Bradford put us on the side rather than the usual top tier behind the goal.
I knew we didn’t have them even at 1-3; still way too much time left.
I’m sure O’Malley was fouled for their 1st. One minute, he had the ball in his hands, then he was on the floor and the ball was in the back of the net. Then we were denied a stone wall penalty. The ref booked us but not them for similar fouls. There was loads of pushing and fouling that went unnoticed but he did play a couple of decent advantages.
Think it’s fair to say that we’re lacking a bit of confidence at the back :shock:
The substitutions tonight worked. Reckon Walker should start on Saturday.
Hat trick Toney shouldn’t take any more penalties unless he absolutely has to.
Maddison was M A G I C!! Toney’s 1st goal was sublime. Can’t wait to watch that again. Move over David Beckham :D
Tonight we didn’t give in. I can finally forgive Connor for the chucking the ball in the net vs Luton.
Boy, it was cold. Still some stalwarts there wearing shorts .... nutters! :clap2:
Couple of days for the lads to recover. Roll on Shrewsbury and back to the serious stuff.
:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 12 Dec 2018, 05:18

We won!! Pity it's only Middlesbrough in Round 3
Up the Posh!!
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Dec 2018, 08:56

poshnipper wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 03:03
Cracking afternoon and evening out.
Persuaded our lovely licker driver to drop us at the top of that blimmin’ hill ..... about 25 yards from t’pub :clap2: :clap2: Then rolled on down said hill to the ground. Nice Bradford put us on the side rather than the usual top tier behind the goal.
I knew we didn’t have them even at 1-3; still way too much time left.
I’m sure O’Malley was fouled for their 1st. One minute, he had the ball in his hands, then he was on the floor and the ball was in the back of the net. Then we were denied a stone wall penalty. The ref booked us but not them for similar fouls. There was loads of pushing and fouling that went unnoticed but he did play a couple of decent advantages.
Think it’s fair to say that we’re lacking a bit of confidence at the back :shock:
The substitutions tonight worked. Reckon Walker should start on Saturday.
Hat trick Toney shouldn’t take any more penalties unless he absolutely has to.
Maddison was M A G I C!! Toney’s 1st goal was sublime. Can’t wait to watch that again. Move over David Beckham :D
Tonight we didn’t give in. I can finally forgive Connor for the chucking the ball in the net vs Luton.
Boy, it was cold. Still some stalwarts there wearing shorts .... nutters! :clap2:
Couple of days for the lads to recover. Roll on Shrewsbury and back to the serious stuff.
:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
Great report Nipper. Similar to Luton really. By half time they too had sold out of food - it was a good job that we were all well stocked up with alternative grub!
This was a game of complete contrasts. Toney and Maddison were superb and fitness levels of the team as a whole was good too. Subs were good for a change as Dembele was completely off his game and Cummings was trying hard but getting nowhere. Godden's Golden touch seems to have deserted him and Woodyard and O'Hara struggled to get anywhere near Bradford's own little Messi, namely Jack Paine! What a player this lad is. Is he only on loan to them? He would be a great addition to our midfield and if Braford go down I can't see him wanting to play football in league two! It was however good to see that the penalties by Karl Henry, Jack Payne and Paul Caddis were all saved as they had been the standout players for Bradford. Strangely enough, one of our standout players, Toney also missed his penalty! Maybe Godden's penalty conversion will bring back his confidence. It's a good job that Toney is in this rich vein of form as both Cummings and Godden have been so ineffectual just recently.
Question? Would you play O'Connor or Chapman on Saturday. O'connor's penalty saves were superb but he was a touch shaky in other areas of his game!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Dec 2018, 09:41

Despite the entertainment that was a truly awful game of football.
neither team had a clue about playing the ball on the floor and even Payne was poor (for him).
Toney was the only quality on the pitch, never mind his first goal which was of course outstanding watch his touch for the third goal. His work ethic was superb and he was a constant threat, his third goal was a header the like of which we rarely see from him in the danger area, brilliantly controlled and targeted.

O'Malley tbf was ok with some good saves, coming to the edge of the box for their first goal was not an issue it is just that he should have punched it not tried to catch it as he was under pressure from an attacker but more importantly considering their form one of his defenders, seeing him come off his line was a very pleasant surprise and something we never ever see from Chapman.
Overall he was ok, kicking superb but when it came to us being under severe pressure he was like a rabbit in the headlights although he was most certainly not alone in that.
However, he was absolutely outstanding in the pens.
Unlike the number 1 keeper he does not dive before the kick, he waits and relies on his reactions, if the pen is struck cleanly and not at a comfortable height he is of course ******* but all day every day keepers practise and hone their reaction times so they should do that more.

Woodyard whilst some people's new target was as ever the first to press, the one who made the niggly tackles opposition players hate, the only POSH player who challenged Payne all night and the only player in a white shirt who was trying to get some kind of response from his awful back 4.
He'll be the first name on the team sheet week in week out and rightly so.
As Evans is viewed a tactical genius by some clueless types I am amazed they don't appreciate their hero's view on his captain.
He will never be the one to spray the ball all over the pitch with accuracy, barring Reed we don't have a central midfielder with that as an asset, maybe we need one! Who would have thought that may have been something to contemplate pre season.

If taff thinks his displays are going to get him a great move in January he is very much mistaken although imo I think he's been tapped up and someone wants him, his form is woeful although he actually headed the ball correctly last night but for their 3rd (I think) goal he just stood there instead of clearing it.

Bennett is fine face on but when turned he's stuffed and there is a mistake pending at all times. The better of the two centre backs.

Daniel. Again a boo boo waiting to happen. He must have given the ball away 15 times last night.

Ward the shining light in that porous 4.

MM. Tried the million dollar ball too many times but after being anonymous for 80 minutes apart from an assist and a goal from an inch off the line he came into the match late on.
His performance showed us all why he has never been snapped up.

Dembele. Like last Saturday did 1 thing and it resulted in a goal but overall he was woeful.

O'Hara. let his skipper down. Plan seemed to be to have those two in the middle to get the ball and spread it wide immediately. However he never got the ball, nor did he make many tackles or track back. Good in the air but that's it.

Cummings. Sadly despite clearly being 'up for it' he didn't do himself justice. He was clearly upset (not angry) at being subbed he'll know in the cold light of day he is not performing. Worked hard, has some quality which we all know but not right. Despite calls to get rid we have no choice atm but to persevere with the lad and hope we can get the early season player back.

Godden. He did not miss 'sitters'. He missed a chance he would have put away pre October. Hopefully his pen will remind him that the net is for hitting. Posed more issues for the opposition that Cummings and does work well with Toney. Unlike what is the norm in modern football they 'cross over' which confuses central defenders time after time.

A very strange night. at 4-3 i could never in a million years see us getting back into the game.
All Bradford fans were in their colossal main stand, made a noise once winning but in the main were outsung by probably 250 POSH.

Some good entertainment from the two sides but most of all from a ******** steward who was determined who'd sneaked a minature bottle of whiskey into the ground.

Hey ho it's off to sunny teeside we go.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Dec 2018, 09:59

Wycliffe wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 09:41

MM. Tried the million dollar ball too many times but after being anonymous for 80 minutes apart from an assist and a goal from an inch off the line he came into the match late on.

How dare you make negative remarks about Magic on here, you know the moderpolitzi will have you banned and sent to Siberia in your shorts. I must admit from the eulogies coming from the co-commentators he didn't sound too bad last night, although I could be wrong (as I often am) the commentator said something about him being on the floor moments before either their first or second goal and they couldn't understand why.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Dec 2018, 10:10

bristleposh wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 09:59
Wycliffe wrote:

How dare you make negative remarks about Magic on here, you know the moderpolitzi will have you banned and sent to Siberia in your shorts. I must admit from the eulogies coming from the co-commentators he didn't sound too bad last night, although I could be wrong (as I often am) the commentator said something about him being on the floor moments before either their first or second goal and they couldn't understand why.
Oh I get that mate.

I post as I find, at times the lad can be excellent, last night despite Swanny's incredible marks in the PT he was wasteful more often or not, his cross for Toney's second was made to look ok due to the scorer's ability and he scored from an inch out.
Skilful player and as I said fairly he came to the fore late on which considering he limped every time there was defending to do so was clearly seriously injured was commendable of the lad.

Nipper wouldn't know she had been drinking pre match!!!

:roll:

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Dec 2018, 12:52

Wycliffe wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 10:10
bristleposh wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

Oh I get that mate.

I post as I find, at times the lad can be excellent, last night despite Swanny's incredible marks in the PT he was wasteful more often or not, his cross for Toney's second was made to look ok due to the scorer's ability and he scored from an inch out.
Skilful player and as I said fairly he came to the fore late on which considering he limped every time there was defending to do so was clearly seriously injured was commendable of the lad.

You and bristle wouldn't know either because bristle watches from afar and has always had a grudge against at least one player, Little, McCann and now Maddison. You because you spent a lot of the time trying to sort out niggly little knobheads who had a quarrel with a steward, instead of watching the game!

Ian38018

Post by Ian38018 » 12 Dec 2018, 13:44

Hi Folks

Well done to The Posh from a neutral. I attended the first match, and was amazed that Bradford snuck off with a draw. Justice done.

A few pix'n'scribbles from that first match may be found here, if anyone is interested.

https://ian38018.blogspot.com/2018/12/abax-stadium.html

BW, and GooD Luck at Middlesborough.

Ian38018

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Dec 2018, 13:48

ashman wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 12:52
Wycliffe wrote:
bristleposh wrote:

Oh I get that mate.

You and bristle wouldn't know either because bristle watches from afar and has always had a grudge against at least one player, Little, McCann and now Maddison. You because you spent a lot of the time trying to sort out niggly little knobheads who had a quarrel with a steward, instead of watching the game!
Some of us can actually do 2 things at once and tbf that was late on in the game so MM had started to play like he can, or at least better than he had.

Annoying as they were it was the stewards or one in particular who was being a knobhead, it was a bit too far for you to see no doubt :D

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Dec 2018, 16:55

Wycliffe wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 13:48
ashman wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 12:52
Wycliffe wrote:

Oh I get that mate.

Some of us can actually do 2 things at once and tbf that was late on in the game so MM had started to play like he can, or at least better than he had.

Annoying as they were it was the stewards or one in particular who was being a knobhead, it was a bit too far for you to see no doubt :D
I wasn't watching mate. I had better things to do - like watching the action on the pitch! :wink:

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 12 Dec 2018, 18:24

Ian38018 wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 13:44
Hi Folks

Well done to The Posh from a neutral. I attended the first match, and was amazed that Bradford snuck off with a draw. Justice done.

A few pix'n'scribbles from that first match may be found here, if anyone is interested.

Ian38018
Thanks for this, I like the picture of the London Rd End (LRE).

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Dec 2018, 18:59

Ian38018 wrote:
Hi Folks

Ian38018
Good stuff, some nice photos but none of the (relatively) newly erected statue of a POSH great? :roll: :roll:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 12 Dec 2018, 21:08

Wycliffe wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 18:59
Ian38018 wrote:
Hi Folks

Ian38018
Good stuff, some nice photos but none of the (relatively) newly erected statue of a POSH great? :roll: :roll:
Hmm. No mention of Chris Turner, but a trip to Fotheringhay Castle?