REFEREE: ANTHONY BACKHOUSE

Assistant Referees: Alan Clayton and Paul Graham

Fourth Official : Tom Nield
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Re: Coventry v Posh

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Nov 2018, 14:22

Looking forward to it. 65 seater coach.
Meeting in town at 12, leave Ebs at 2 and get to lutterworth and its good pubs by 3.30.
Leave there about 7pm.
I have already told the coach driver if we go 2 up he's to come and get us away from that stadium as quick as he can :D

My birthday too so 3 points the least I expect.

Win 3-2 after being 2 down.

1111 POSH

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 23 Nov 2018, 19:55

Godden starts with Toney up front. Good stuff.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 23 Nov 2018, 22:12

Yellow card for Evans, apparently he had a bit too much to say

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 23 Nov 2018, 22:34

1-0 Posh, Ivan Toney!! :clap:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 23 Nov 2018, 22:35

Wtf!! 1-1

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Nov 2018, 22:59

We snatched a draw from the teeth of victory. That was a painful watch, their midfield was all over ours had they have had a half decent finisher they'd have had double figures.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 23 Nov 2018, 23:10

Who’d have thought it? 1-1
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 23 Nov 2018, 23:32

Another dire Posh performance. A win would have been a travesty of justice. Even **** Turpin wore a mask!
Last edited by pleasureboy60 on 24 Nov 2018, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 23 Nov 2018, 23:34

To all.those Stevie Evans fans. I hope you are enjoying what you are seeing!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Nov 2018, 09:40

pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 23:34
Nobody is a Steve Evans fan, we are all Posh fans sadly he seems to be in charge so gets my support in that role, the fasct that the football is turgid for the most part I am rather pleased I don't have to put up with watching it every game. His insistance in playing 4-4-2 with two wingers is ridiculous and the quicker he works out that with the players at his availability it becomes a 4-2-4 or even a 4-1-5. Even the dreadful diamond would not have allowed the Coventry midfield such freedom. Other teams seem to work out our tactics pretty quickly (which is strange because I'm sure our players haven't worked that out yet). Trying to hit teams at speed on the break depends entirely on having players capable of taking advantage of those situations. I would be happier seeing a 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 whch seems the system favoured by most top teams. What has Cooper done wrong to not deserve a start. With Woodward as the player in front of the back four which seems to be what he does best. Then the three in front of him any three from about six or seven it would appear. Plua two from Godden, Cummings, and Toney, despite Toney being the best of the three it appears (to me at least) that the other two work better together as a pair.

skybluesocial

Post by skybluesocial » 24 Nov 2018, 13:37

Afternoon Posh fans.

Good game yesterday - I run a small CCFC fans channel - yesterday I travelled to the game with a few Peterborough supporters. You can see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHp_pjFeeE&t=114s

Cheers!

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Nov 2018, 14:02

bristleposh wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 09:40
pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 23:34
Nobody is a Steve Evans fan, we are all Posh fans sadly he seems to be in charge so gets my support in that role, the fasct that the football is turgid for the most part I am rather pleased I don't have to put up with watching it every game. His insistance in playing 4-4-2 with two wingers is ridiculous and the quicker he works out that with the players at his availability it becomes a 4-2-4 or even a 4-1-5. Even the dreadful diamond would not have allowed the Coventry midfield such freedom. Other teams seem to work out our tactics pretty quickly (which is strange because I'm sure our players haven't worked that out yet). Trying to hit teams at speed on the break depends entirely on having players capable of taking advantage of those situations. I would be happier seeing a 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-3-2 whch seems the system favoured by most top teams. What has Cooper done wrong to not deserve a start. With Woodward as the player in front of the back four which seems to be what he does best. Then the three in front of him any three from about six or seven it would appear. Plua two from Godden, Cummings, and Toney, despite Toney being the best of the three it appears (to me at least) that the other two work better together as a pair.
He doesn't persist in playing two up front as was shown by the game against Bradford last week and he has done this several times before, this season. He did at least listen to many fans opinions of this and played two upfront, with whom he considered was his best choice of Toney and Godden, when what has been proven has been Godden and Cummings. Cummings, to be fair, has gone off the boil since TVGate but showed superb class to set up Toney for our late goal last night.
Ward has gone from being the golden boy to really poor in the last two games, strangely enough straight after being voted as POTM for October by the Official Supporters. (I wish they would do away with these ridiculous awards and just get on with playing to the best of their abilities.)
Cooper has been absolutely dire this season and despite being given a full 90 mins against Sunderland U23s when he really could have shone, was very poor technically and was impetuous enough to commit a poor foul followed up by kicking the ball away (yellow card) and then shoving an opponent. (that action was one the ref failed to see)
Why on earth Evans dropped Reed after his display against Bradford, nobody watching that game can understand. He and Woodyard completely dominated the midfield and seemed to be developing a great understanding of each others games. It also meant that Woodyard could operate in a more advanced position and also keep his position better instead of running around like a demented Tasmanian Devil. (I feel sorry for Woodyard for having to be asked to do that job!) This is what we need to see but we also need to see two played up front in order to score goals (the object of the game!) Against Bradford we were playing the bottom of the league team at home with a good sized crowd and the manager just got it wrong!
p.s. Evans booked again. Whatever it was for, he claims it was for disputing a throw in. He knows the rules and should be summarily fined just as he does for his players if they are booked!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Nov 2018, 14:11

skybluesocial wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 13:37
Afternoon Posh fans.
Good game yesterday - I run a small CCFC fans channel - yesterday I travelled to the game with a few Peterborough supporters. You can see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rHp_pjFeeE&t=114s
Cheers!
Just about right in his final summation. Disagree that it was a good game though! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'