Peterborough United v AFC Wimbledon Tuesday 27th. November

REFEREE: CHRISTOPHER SARGINSON

Assistant Referees: Stephen Brown and Kevin Howick

Fourth Official: Paul Howard
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Re: POSH v WIMBLEDON

Post by Poshay » 27 Nov 2018, 18:18

Tis a foul night weatherwise. I hope Posh run them ragged and thoroughly demoralise them so they are below par on Saturday at the Shay. Three points would be welcome too.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Nov 2018, 23:26

Busy tonight, a 1-0 win Maddison man of the match by a country mile, best I’ve ever seen him play. Such a shame that after his very special goal we went back into our shell and instead of trying to get a second or third decided to sit back on our penalty area and tried not to concede. I suppose it was better to get the three points, but playing against arguably the worst side we’ve faced this season, we were outplayed for the last ten minutes. The referee had an absolute mare, he made so many unbelievable decisions it was untrue. Three possible penalties turned down and as for the last minute award of a throw in to AFC when they’d clearly played the ball out, was totally rank.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 27 Nov 2018, 23:35

Posh up to 4th but Barnsley and Charlton have a game in hand. The two big boys looking certs for auto but its going to be a dog fight for the qualifiers.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 28 Nov 2018, 00:08

Maddison was magic and brilliant throughout, the rest were very, very ordinary and made hard work of it all. Three points for the fans that want them.
I want to see some better quality football.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Nov 2018, 00:11

bristleposh wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 23:26
I suppose it was better to get the three points.
statement
under
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Nov 2018, 00:12

Brianposh wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 00:08
Three points for the fans that want them.
Including me!!
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Nov 2018, 00:52

Brianposh wrote:
Maddison was magic and brilliant throughout, the rest were very, very ordinary and made hard work of it all. Three points for the fans that want them.
Totally agree Brian, but at least we came away with three points and somewhat of a smile on our faces. We deserved to win but only by a small but very classical moment! I wonder if we are allowed to bribe the FA into extending our manager's touchline ban to at least another four or five games!? :lol:
I thought the ref, was excellent. At least he was consistent and made the game flow, ever though there were a few dodgy decisions against us (or should I say not in our favour!) All refs always make mistakes but at least this one was lenient to towards both sides! :wink:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Nov 2018, 08:32

Brianposh wrote:
Mate. He was excellent second half I grant you and it was a very good goal. I had genuinely forgotten he was capable of such quality and was surprised it was only march since he'd scored last. seemed longer.
I enjoyed his tracking back as much as his attempts to 'pick a pass' and apart from wearing gloves he looked much better.

Please don't anyone tell me he is as magic as at one time he was on a reasonably regular basis because he hasn't been for a couple of years sadly and if he was he wouldn't be here.

Overall a terrible 90 minutes with MM's shot the highlight, still could and should have scored a load though.

Thankfully the lighting up of Chris went well and was far more enjoyable than what followed.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Nov 2018, 10:47

Wycliffe wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 08:32
Brianposh wrote:
Mate. He was excellent second half I grant you and it was a very good goal. I had genuinely forgotten he was capable of such quality and was surprised it was only march since he'd scored last. seemed longer.
I enjoyed his tracking back as much as his attempts to 'pick a pass' and apart from wearing gloves he looked much better.
Overall a terrible 90 minutes with MM's shot the highlight, still could and should have scored a load though.

Thankfully the lighting up of Chris went well and was far more enjoyable than what followed.
Scant praise indeed for Marcus Adi. Well done! :clap2:

I thought that the lighting for Chris was superb, enhanced by reflections in the rain! I touched his toe again last night, on your advice and it seemed to work. I used to do this regularly at the beginning of the season and it seemed to work for a while and then it all went wrong so I stopped doing it. Anyhow, superstitions renewed, until we start losing again and then I will blame you for starting me out on this annoying habit! :lol:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 28 Nov 2018, 11:36

Brianposh wrote:
I must confess I stayed at home. The weather was foul , the football at the City match was dross , and I had eaten a beef sandwich for tea so had to compensate for that excess CO2 by saving on fuel for the car journey.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Nov 2018, 14:06

ashman wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 10:47
Wycliffe wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 08:32
Brianposh wrote:

Scant praise indeed for Marcus Adi. Well done! :clap2:

I thought that the lighting for Chris was superb, enhanced by reflections in the rain! I touched his toe again last night, on your advice and it seemed to work. I used to do this regularly at the beginning of the season and it seemed to work for a while and then it all went wrong so I stopped doing it. Anyhow, superstitions renewed, until we start losing again and then I will blame you for starting me out on this annoying habit! :lol:
:lol:

I thought my praise for MM was as gushing as the drainage at the ground last night, he deserved the praise

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Nov 2018, 15:38

Wycliffe wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 14:06

I thought my praise for MM was as gushing as the drainage at the ground last night, he deserved the praise
I too have not been a fan of MM, mainly because his statistics were bloated by the fact that he took all the dead ball kicks in and around the area, and despite the occasional assist from open play the rest of his game was non existent, and he was prone to being prone at important moments. Last night however he won me over with his back tracking and willingness to try and create chances, many of which went begging, due to offsides and rank bad finishing. If he plays like that every week few will find a fault with him.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Nov 2018, 16:11

bristleposh wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 15:38
Wycliffe wrote:

I too have not been a fan of MM, mainly because his statistics were bloated by the fact that he took all the dead ball kicks in and around the area, and despite the occasional assist from open play the rest of his game was non existent, and he was prone to being prone at important moments. Last night however he won me over with his back tracking and willingness to try and create chances, many of which went begging, due to offsides and rank bad finishing. If he plays like that every week few will find a fault with him.
That's about where I am with him, there are those who see nothing good in him though I admit. Despite what some think I am not one of them although he'd do himself some good in my eyes if he ditched those pathetic gloves . :wink:

However there are also some who see only genius from the bloke even when he makes a mistake (which all footballers do) and those rose tinted glasses have over the years done the lad as much a disservice as his critics.

Last night's performance in the 2nd half especially has to be repeated time after time, if they are then he'll get the move he so desperately wants away from those who worship him and those who don't :lol:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Nov 2018, 17:50

Wycliffe wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 16:11
bristleposh wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 15:38
Wycliffe wrote:

That's about where I am with him, there are those who see nothing good in him though I admit. Despite what some think I am not one of them although he'd do himself some good in my eyes if he ditched those pathetic gloves . :wink:

However there are also some who see only genius from the bloke even when he makes a mistake (which all footballers do) and those rose tinted glasses have over the years done the lad as much a disservice as his critics.

Last night's performance in the 2nd half especially has to be repeated time after time, if they are then he'll get the move he so desperately wants away from those who worship him and those who don't :lol:
I feel the Magic name is a misnomer, should be Marmite.