Posh v Bradford City

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Poshay

Posh v Bradford City

Post by Poshay » 15 Nov 2018, 14:50

Can Posh make it 3 wins in a row against the Bantams ? City are struggling this season unlike their local rivals Bradford who lead National League North and are rock bottom of League 1. The last two wins have been against a Non League team and a weakened Luton side in a minor Cup competition so a desperate City should provide sterner opposition. Any ideas for team selection and tactics??
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Bradford City

Post by bristleposh » 15 Nov 2018, 17:13

I think there are a few who played against Luton who may get a start.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 17 Nov 2018, 18:20

Another awful.home display against a team who could and should have beaten us. I'm afraid our home form will see us finish mid table at this rate. Evans got it wrong yet again with his first half team selection. Why are we suddenly changing the team from week to week when for the first 9 games it was the same eleven. Thank God for our away form otherwise we would be in a relegation scrap by now. Not convinced about Evans as a manager. Never have been,never Will!

ashman

Post by ashman » 17 Nov 2018, 18:31

pleasureboy60 wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 18:20
Another awful.home display against a team who could and should have beaten us. I'm afraid our home form will see us finish mid table at this rate. Evans got it wrong yet again with his first half team selection. Why are we suddenly changing the team from week to week when for the first 9 games it was the same eleven. Thank God for our away form otherwise we would be in a relegation scrap by now. Not convinced about Evans as a manager. Never have been,never Will!
Totally agree. Playing one up front at home, against the bottom club is ridiculous. At least we seem to be learning how to pass the ball and keep possession. The pairing of Louis Read and Alex Woodyard completely bossed the midfield in the first half. Including Walker in the midfield was total overkill and either Toney or Cummings should have started.
"I always start with two up front" according to Evans but this is about the third or fourth time he has reneged on his promise.
Joe Ward, who I assume was named MOTM, was totally useless today. I wish they would do away with these awards! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 17 Nov 2018, 19:13

Joke of a manager being shown up time & time again for the fraud he is. Tactically inept as he demonstrated several times last season but its supposed to be different now that it is ‘his squad’ of players.

halfwayline

Post by halfwayline » 17 Nov 2018, 19:14

First post in ages but here goes.

Steve Evans clearly has his favourites, his lack of ability or the teams ability to change formation is mind boggling, Ward was borderline sunday morning drunk level crossing wither hit the 1st defender of keeper had catching practice. Evans banging on about workmate etc but im sorry sign 11 dogs to run around like lunatics quality also wins football matches as well as work rate.

with Bassong here why not go 3-5-2 last 25-30 mins and try something different, im far from convinced he still knows his best 11 and far from convinced if we hit poor form away from home he will get much more slack from other fans too.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 17 Nov 2018, 19:20

Posh only managed 1 shot on target the whole match , the equaliser. O'Donnell was given plenty of practice at fielding crosses which he did ably but was otherwise untroubled. I thought that Denton was M.O.M (could be wrong in that) but he had to take some stick from the Bantams fans from his Leeds connection. In the first half the Posh passing was ponderous in the extreme ; a little better in the second but most of the passing was without any aim other than to keep possession. Have we got enough points to stay up yet?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 17 Nov 2018, 20:03

Poor game,poor passing,poor football,seconds slower than Bradford,with no forwards up front to take advantage of 5-6 clear goal chances laid on by Maddison. No excuses. :cry:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

halfwayline

Post by halfwayline » 17 Nov 2018, 20:12

Brianposh wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 20:03
Poor game,poor passing,poor football,seconds slower than Bradford,with no forwards up front to take advantage of 5-6 clear goal chances laid on by Maddison. No excuses. :cry:
Biggest excuse comes from the touchline, fans slating him for leaving Ward on but so thick skinned nothing happens all in all difficult to see a top 6 finish with home form.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 21 Nov 2018, 09:03

Now for the re-match in the FA Cup. I hope City don't sit back and try to defend a 1 goal lead this time - it would make for a much better game.