Wycombe 1_0 Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Wycombe 1_0 Posh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Nov 2018, 21:12

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Once again it told me i should have stayed in the pub.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Re: Wycombe 1_0 Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 03 Nov 2018, 21:54

All Matt Godden's fault if you listen to the vile Teflon Evans!! Way to motivate your players!

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 03 Nov 2018, 22:21

Well that was disappointing, to say the least :shock:

Was it my imagination or we were all in total disarray? We didn’t seem able to pass to a white shirt. Players didn’t know when to pass. And when we did, there was nobody there to take the ball. Bringing Magic on so late in the game wasn’t useful. Least said, soonest mended. :( :shock:

Otherwise, a smashing day out :clap2: It was a lively coach both ways and we had some laughs. Nice friendly pub. Even the chap in the fish and chip shop had a sense of humour .... the fish cakes were just ‘cakes’, seasoned with a hint of fish. Good, as usual, to see Stuie, Steve, Mick and Ted. Even Brizzle turned up today :D :D

Poor old Bromley. What a time to play us. We’ll come out a different team. Rest some of the players. Start Magic. What about Coops? Need a bit of a change around.
I’ve got my ticket, safely hidden away. Bring it on. Looking forward to it already :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Nov 2018, 23:10

poshnipper wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 22:21
Well that was disappointing, to say the least :shock:

Was it my imagination or we were all in total disarray? We didn’t seem able to pass to a white shirt. Players didn’t know when to pass. And when we did, there was nobody there to take the ball. Bringing Magic on so late in the game wasn’t useful. Least said, soonest mended. :( :shock:

Otherwise, a smashing day out :clap2: It was a lively coach both ways and we had some laughs. Nice friendly pub. Even the chap in the fish and chip shop had a sense of humour .... the fish cakes were just ‘cakes’, seasoned with a hint of fish. Good, as usual, to see Stuie, Steve, Mick and Ted. Even Brizzle turned up today :D :D

Poor old Bromley. What a time to play us. We’ll come out a different team. Rest some of the players. Start Magic. What about Coops? Need a bit of a change around.
I’ve got my ticket, safely hidden away. Bring it on. Looking forward to it already :comeon: :comeon:
good point well made
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Nov 2018, 23:11

A good day out spoilt by 90 minutes +5 of non football
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

matt404

Post by matt404 » 05 Nov 2018, 16:05

I was speaking to a Wycombe fan that I work with. He said that we were comfortably the best team they've played this season. Their performance is the best he's seen this season or last season when they were promoted. It helped that Akinfenwa, their top goal scorer, was out as it forced them to play football and play a high line and pressure us.
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

ashman

Post by ashman » 05 Nov 2018, 17:09

matt404 wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 16:05
I was speaking to a Wycombe fan that I work with. He said that we were comfortably the best team they've played this season. Their performance is the best he's seen this season or last season when they were promoted. It helped that Akinfenwa, their top goal scorer, was out as it forced them to play football and play a high line and pressure us.
In which case I wouldn't want to be a Wycombe fan if that was the best they had played and he considered us the best team they have played this season. Should have gone to Specsavers I reckon! :shock: :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'