The Chairman's Statement

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Poshay

The Chairman's Statement

Post by Poshay » 02 Nov 2018, 20:40

Statement from Darragh MacAnthony

With friends like these who needs enemies comes to mind!! No idea why myself and my partners should want to invest millions of our own money/time into buying a 3 sided stadium with little capability for the large scale modernizing thats necessary, But we have a plan and one that in the long term will knock the socks of all our fans once the ground purchase is completed and a big part of this plan brings significant investment in youth / grass routes football and a Tech Accelerator that will create jobs in the city. The Alternative is to stay in a lob sided tenancy agreement (most expensive in the EFL of council owned grounds) or getting out of our lease & moving elsewhere in the city. There is being busy & there is this below from the trust. I don't know the motive or why this stuff needs to be driven publicly at the moment like this post, what purpose it serves or who it helps. This kind of non help will hold up the sale of the ground and plans we have. We have spent a long time working on this with the Council which will benefit the club, the city and in long term a workable plan to suit all parties and mainly our wonderful supporters. I have owned Posh for 12 years and have never given any fans any reason to doubt me, my motives or how I run the football club which has always been done in the best interest of the club itself. So to see this stuff played out like this turns me off the whole thing if I am being blunt. I have seen the questions the trust have asked of the council and quite frankly find some of them astonishing and does the club no favors or helps us get closer to complete this deal. The time has come for our fans to decide quite simply ' Do they trust the current ownership to do the right things for our football club long term and trust that we will when we can, be transparent on our plans for the ground short term and long term'. If they don't, then the current ownership needs to revisit the stadium deal & where we go from here. No disrespect to the 'trust' but I am unsure of how their current actions help the club now or going forward and before this post went out, we reached out to them to have a conversation again with them about future plans in the next few weeks. The council have been doing their best to get the city the right deal on this ground and have worked professionally and diligently in all negotiations in doing so whilst recognizing the club is essential to the community and bringing the stadium it into the current ownership model is best for all parties concerned. Thank You. Darragh MacAnthony
Chairman
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Poshay

Re: The Chairman's Statement

Post by Poshay » 02 Nov 2018, 20:41

What is this all about?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

TC1977

Post by TC1977 » 02 Nov 2018, 20:47

have i missed something!!!! as poshay has just posted whilst i was reading it through 3 times trying to work out what it meant,what is this all about.

ashman

Post by ashman » 02 Nov 2018, 20:56

From thePST: Make of it what you will!

Stadium ownership update
The Peterborough Supporters Trust (PST) would like to make the following statement in relation to recent developments concerning the proposed sale of the London Road Football Ground (known as the ABAX Stadium) to a 3rd party (as yet unknown).
Under the Localism Act, 2011, Part 5, Community Empowerment, Chapter 3, Assets of Community Value (ACV), the PST have bestowed the statutory right to bid for the freehold of London Road Football Ground (known as the ABAX Stadium).
Recognising the PST’s statutory position, Peterborough City Council (PCC) and Peterborough Football Club (PUFC Ltd.) have asked the PST to indicate whether the PST intends to bid for the football ground freehold (the PST do not have any information concerning the scope of the proposed sale, so at this time are unable to comment). The PST has a six month window to explore the possibility of making a bid which could mean talking to other parties who might have a better way of protecting the stadium in the longer term.
The PST are only concerned with the longevity and sustainability of the club and professional football at its current location. The PST want the club to thrive for the benefit of the community. We retain the ambition for Peterborough Football Club to play at the highest professional level of football and our only focus is to
enable these objectives to be accomplished.
The PST has delivered a letter to the PCC (with copies to PUFC Ltd) asking for all pertinent information to be shared to enable the PST to make an assessment on its next steps. The PST has also asked for a meeting with the PCC as soon as is practicable.
The PST has asked for information concerning;
The due diligence completed by the PCC to ensure the PCC stated economic benefit (specifically, at the London Road address) will not be jeopardised if the sale were to proceed to a 3rd party.
The development proposition from PUFC Ltd which precipitated the proposed sale from the PCC to a 3rd party.
All commercial and legal information the PST will need to assess its next steps in relation to its statutory right to bid for the freehold of the London Road Ground (known as the ABAX stadium).
The PST has also asked a number of other questions and in addition remain ready to discuss these developments with the PCC as soon as practicable.
PCC have today acknowledged, but not replied to, our letter.
The PST will make a further statement after they receive a reply from PCC and / or after a meeting with PCC has been held.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 02 Nov 2018, 22:14

Have they anything like the money Darragh has already invested and he and His 2 colleagues continue to invest?
How come they only wake up now the deal is nearly done?
Not happy :twisted:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 02 Nov 2018, 22:28

poshnipper wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 22:14
Have they anything like the money Darragh has already invested and he and His 2 colleagues continue to invest?
How come they only wake up now the deal is nearly done?
Not happy :twisted:
I quite agree. :?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Nov 2018, 08:32

Does seem a bit of an odd time to interfere. It is a worry that the ownership could go to three individuals as opposed to the club itself. If there were an agrement in place that unless a suitable alternative to LR be in place the covenant on the ground must be adhered to.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Nov 2018, 08:47

I'm sure that all will be fine. There is no harm in anyone making sure that all is above board before proceeding. We know very little about the Canadian connection other than that Darragh appears to be in bed with them. Maybe PST are trying to make sure that all the details of future ownership are set in concrete. We have waited this long so a few more weeks is neither here nor there IMO. I do agree with Randy that maybe they could have had the good grace to contact DMac and Co before releasing this edict. Maybe this could have been done behind closed doors in the six months that we have been told it will take to get it done but there would always be some who would question the secrecy.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Nov 2018, 09:07

Who are the PST, do we know any of the members or are they faceless individuals.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 03 Nov 2018, 10:46

bristleposh wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 09:07
Who are the PST, do we know any of the members or are they faceless individuals.
I am not faceless and have been a proud Member for many, many years, and in the 'early' days did attend Meetings and did some background work for them.
They have nothing, but the Club and fans at heart. Absolutely nothing to fear if the sale has no hidden agendas.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Nov 2018, 11:29

A big thumbs up from Didcot en route to HW

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Nov 2018, 23:05

ashman wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 08:47
I'm sure that all will be fine. There is no harm in anyone making sure that all is above board before proceeding. We know very little about the Canadian connection other than that Darragh appears to be in bed with them. Maybe PST are trying to make sure that all the details of future ownership are set in concrete. We have waited this long so a few more weeks is neither here nor there IMO. I do agree with Randy that maybe they could have had the good grace to contact DMac and Co before releasing this edict. Maybe this could have been done behind closed doors in the six months that we have been told it will take to get it done but there would always be some who would question the secrecy.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Nov 2018, 23:06

Brianposh wrote:
03 Nov 2018, 10:46
bristleposh wrote:
I am not faceless and have been a proud Member for many, many years, and in the 'early' days did attend Meetings and did some background work for them.
They have nothing, but the Club and fans at heart. Absolutely nothing to fear if the sale has no hidden agendas.
Good point well made :stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 04 Nov 2018, 04:04

bristleposh wrote:
Here you go. You're showing that you are out of touch!

http://www.theposhtrust.co.uk/about-us/board-members

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Nov 2018, 09:31

ashman wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 04:04
bristleposh wrote:
Here you go. You're showing that you are out of touch!

http://www.theposhtrust.co.uk/about-us/board-members
I recognise a fair few of the names on the list, one sends me an e-mail every month another of the previous crowd I saw in the pub yesterday I couldn't possibly say who or where. (but I think he went to Eton)