Bromley

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Bromley

Post by DaveLister » 10 Nov 2018, 19:10

Sending off did change the game, but we'd be sorely disappointed not to win. You can't use the pitch as an excuse, we're the professionals and expected to win. Onwards to round two and hopefully a home draw

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 11 Nov 2018, 18:41

Posh lost 1 nil to non league Bromley then beat their 10 men 3 nil. Were those of you hardy souls who were there too embarassed by Posh to file a report here?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 12 Nov 2018, 08:49

Poshay wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 18:41
Posh lost 1 nil to non league Bromley then beat their 10 men 3 nil. Were those of you hardy souls who were there too embarassed by Posh to file a report here?
Having seen the highlights on U Tube the first half didn't seem too bad with their goalie being kept very busy. :oops:

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Nov 2018, 10:01

Poshay wrote:
11 Nov 2018, 18:41
A great away day once again to a non-league outfit. We boarded the Supporters coach and left the Abax at 10.00 am and had a very uneventful trip down to BR2 with very little disruption traffic-wise. Arrived at 12.35 pm and were a touch disappointed not to be allowed into their clubhouse, plus the away facilities didn't open until 1.30. No worries, off we go in search of a hostelry that would feed and quench our thirsts until nearer to kickoff time. A good long walk past houses that must be worth many millions! We found a much quicker way back to the ground a couple of pints later.
Not embarrassed at all about the performance at Bromley. The pitch looked long and wide (could have been my imagination) and as a playing surface reacted perfectly. After the superbly observed minutes silence for the fallen the game began. The first half was fast and furious with both teams keen to get a hold on the game. Against the run of play Bromley scored from a header from a deeply taken free kick that Chapman came to claim, decided not to and then ended up in no man's land - once again. A couple of minutes later Raymond, the Bromley number 8, inexplicably decided to raise his arm into Cooper's face and was immediately dismissed. From the resultant free kick a poor Bromley clearance gave Woodyard his first assist as he lobbed the ball forward for Godden to control and finish in style with an unstoppable volley taking us into the interval.
Ten minutes into the second half Posh were in front as a quickly taken free kick found its way out to Naismith on the right and his pinpoint cross was thumped home effortlessly once again by Godden. The game really opened up and instead of Posh retreating to defend a lead as we have done so frequently this season we grew in confidence with good chances from Naismith, Cummings and Ward all going close. The Bromley keeper certainly earned his corn!
The highlight of the game had to be our third goal. Joe Ward won possession just outside our area and played the ball out wide to Cummings who slipped the ball inside to Denton who played a superb one touch pass to Ward who somehow had advanced into the Bromley area and he finished in a very cool manner. MOTM by a long way. Yes, we probably could have scored a few more but at least the team showed that they are capable of passing the ball to colleagues and dispensed with the constant long ball tactics we have employed so much this season. Hopefully the players and the management will have learned that this should surely be the way forward.
A good trip home after circumventing the puddles in the car park. Half an hour later the heavens opened and pictures from Bromley of rain cascading off the covered area showed just how lucky we had been all day to have dodged all the forecasted rain!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 12 Nov 2018, 10:30

Damn !! I was hoping you would all get a soaking. :lol: :clap2:

Thanks a lot for the report Ashman, I have missed you all, hopefully 'back' this week :comeon: .
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 12 Nov 2018, 11:49

Nice to read an unbiased match report
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Nov 2018, 14:08

Brianposh wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 10:30
Damn !! I was hoping you would all get a soaking. :lol: :clap2:

Thanks a lot for the report Ashman, I have missed you all, hopefully 'back' this week :comeon: .
Stick with us Brian. The sun always shines on the righteous! :wink: (it didn't actually shine but at least the rains kept off!)
Many of the regulars will welcome you back with open arms.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 12 Nov 2018, 15:12

Great report Ash. Many thanks.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 13 Nov 2018, 07:08

“We’ve got Jason Cummings
And we’ve got Matt Godden
And that’s what gets us goals!”
Sung to the choon of ermmm I don’t know.
It might’ve even been Godden first, then Cummings. I can’t quite remember.
And my Naismith :mrgreen:
And Joe Ward.
And Cooooops. And Woody. Taff, Bennett, Dembele, Denton and still more on the bench waiting.
Some were slating Chapman :shock: Who cares? We won. And that’s all that matters.

Posh pub, posh houses, posh chips, posh prices to match. That’s where their poshness ended though :D :D A win to the MIGHTY POSH.

No rain landed on us. I was wrapped up all nice and warm .... blimmin’ sweating like a good ‘un, I was. Great day.

Next round please :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Nov 2018, 23:18

poshnipper wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 07:08
“We’ve got Jason Cummings
And we’ve got Matt Godden
And that’s what gets us goals!”
Sung to the choon of ermmm I don’t know.
It might’ve even been Godden first, then Cummings. I can’t quite remember.
And my Naismith :mrgreen:
And Joe Ward.
And Cooooops. And Woody. Taff, Bennett, Dembele, Denton and still more on the bench waiting.
Some were slating Chapman :shock: Who cares? We won. And that’s all that matters.

Posh pub, posh houses, posh chips, posh prices to match. That’s where their poshness ended though :D :D A win to the MIGHTY POSH.

No rain landed on us. I was wrapped up all nice and warm .... blimmin’ sweating like a good ‘un, I was. Great day.

Next round please :comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
moist?