Hall of Fame night

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
Wycliffe
Posts: 1525
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Hall of Fame night

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Oct 2018, 10:34

Really looking forward to meeting up with some POSH legends tonight.
My junior skool teacher and great player so the oldies tell me Peter Deakin, a truly humble and nice man will be my first choice to chat to.
Many others that'll be present I am fortunate enough to describe as friends but every single one of them that I have seen play have given me some of the greatest moments of my life.
Those that even I am too young to have seen however have contributed to the glorious history of (to me) the greatest club in the world so i thank them all and will have a drink for those who are no longer with us.
Hope to see some of you there.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9250
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by Brianposh » 18 Oct 2018, 11:34

Unfortunately I have to call my invite down, but I am certain it will turn out to be a memorable evening. Enjoy everyone.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1525
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Oct 2018, 14:27

Brianposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 11:34
Unfortunately I have to call my invite down, but I am certain it will turn out to be a memorable evening. Enjoy everyone.
Shame mate but perfectly understandable.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9250
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by Brianposh » 18 Oct 2018, 15:05

Wycliffe wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:27
Brianposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 11:34
Unfortunately I have to call my invite down, but I am certain it will turn out to be a memorable evening. Enjoy everyone.
Shame mate but perfectly understandable.
Give Dennis Emery's son my regards and apologies Adi,..... :) if he turns out.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1525
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Oct 2018, 15:11

Brianposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 15:05
Wycliffe wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 14:27
Brianposh wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 11:34
Unfortunately I have to call my invite down, but I am certain it will turn out to be a memorable evening. Enjoy everyone.
Shame mate but perfectly understandable.
Give Dennis Emery's son my regards and apologies Adi,..... :) if he turns out.
Will do mate

trevormans
Posts: 354
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by trevormans » 19 Oct 2018, 18:00

Wycliffe wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 10:34
Really looking forward to meeting up with some POSH legends tonight.
My junior skool teacher and great player so the oldies tell me Peter Deakin, a truly humble and nice man will be my first choice to chat to.
Many others that'll be present I am fortunate enough to describe as friends but every single one of them that I have seen play have given me some of the greatest moments of my life.
Those that even I am too young to have seen however have contributed to the glorious history of (to me) the greatest club in the world so i thank them all and will have a drink for those who are no longer with us.
Hope to see some of you there.
which school did peter deakin teach at?

Wycliffe
Posts: 1525
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Oct 2018, 20:53

trevormans wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 18:00
Wycliffe wrote:
18 Oct 2018, 10:34
Really looking forward to meeting up with some POSH legends tonight.
My junior skool teacher and great player so the oldies tell me Peter Deakin, a truly humble and nice man will be my first choice to chat to.
Many others that'll be present I am fortunate enough to describe as friends but every single one of them that I have seen play have given me some of the greatest moments of my life.
Those that even I am too young to have seen however have contributed to the glorious history of (to me) the greatest club in the world so i thank them all and will have a drink for those who are no longer with us.
Hope to see some of you there.
which school did peter deakin teach at?
He taught me at Wittering Junior but I think he went on to Gunthorpe.
That is probably the result of teaching me tbf.

Lovely gentleman

trevormans
Posts: 354
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Hall of Fame night

Post by trevormans » 19 Oct 2018, 23:13

I remember Jim Rayner (centre forward before terry bly, then right half ) taught at the catholic school (John Fisher or maybe All Souls)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest