POSH vs Brighton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

poshnipper
Nippoderator

POSH vs Brighton

Post by poshnipper » 08 Oct 2018, 12:34

:oops: I hardly dare ask .... is anyone going to tomorrow evening?

I am :D :D
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Wycliffe

Re: POSH vs Brighton

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Oct 2018, 18:16

poshnipper wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 12:34
:oops: I hardly dare ask .... is anyone going to tomorrow evening?

I am :D :D
Yep.

******* knows why :lol:

For some reason they've opened both the main and glebe stands!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Oct 2018, 18:25

Struck me that they are charging £5 too much for this game
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Oct 2018, 20:41

bristleposh wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 18:25
Struck me that they are charging £5 too much for this game
First home game free for all season ticket holders, in either the Carabao or Checkatrade, as promised by DMac. He announced that it would apply to the Checkatrade trophy the day before we played QPR in the Carabao Cup. I think he was worried that if we beat QPR away in the Carabao Cup and drew a top team at home in the second round he could be giving thousands of free tickets to Posh v Liverpool or similar. Not one to let the grass grow under his feet is our Darragh! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Oct 2018, 21:00

I'll be attending - in the Family Stand or whatever it is called now!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 09 Oct 2018, 07:12

ashman wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 21:00
I will wave to you from the main stand.
There is no doubt we'll manage to spot each other :D

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Oct 2018, 08:29

Wycliffe wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 07:12
ashman wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 21:00
I will wave to you from the main stand.
There is no doubt we'll manage to spot each other :D
:lol:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 09 Oct 2018, 21:51

:oops: Lost on pens to the Seagull Chicks , Godden missing his penalty.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Oct 2018, 22:38

I thought Posh played much better tonight, apart from the poor defending. Gone was the incessant 'hoofing' of the ball forwards towards the strikers. Dembele at fault for the second goal. He lost possession which set them off on a clear breakaway. He really must learn that he can't always retain possession, do his little tricks and waltz around in midfield. He did it several times and it was not as if his offensive work was all that either. Reed had a very good game and ran the midfield for ages, until they got their first goal and then he was withdrawn 10 to 15 yards deeper, instead of sticking where he was being effective. Not his fault maybe?
It was good to see Godden and Cummings back leading the line. They will always put defences on the back foot and score goals. It was just a shame that it was Godden who missed his penalty.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Oct 2018, 05:36

ashman wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 22:38
I thought Posh played much better tonight, apart from the poor defending. Gone was the incessant 'hoofing' of the ball forwards towards the strikers. Dembele at fault for the second goal. He lost possession which set them off on a clear breakaway. He really must learn that he can't always retain possession, do his little tricks and waltz around in midfield. He did it several times and it was not as if his offensive work was all that either. Reed had a very good game and ran the midfield for ages, until they got their first goal and then he was withdrawn 10 to 15 yards deeper, instead of sticking where he was being effective. Not his fault maybe?
It was good to see Godden and Cummings back leading the line. They will always put defences on the back foot and score goals. It was just a shame that it was Godden who missed his penalty.
Interesting report ashman. Thanks for posting it.
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Oct 2018, 07:27

ashman wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 22:38
At 2-0 whether we deserved it or not we hit the post twice and had a perfectly good goal disallowed when as is so often the case the lino flagged as the scorer hit the ball as opposed to seeing him make the run through the back 4 after the ball was passed.

We looked in control to degree but the second they scored there was a feeling of inevitability about events.

4 cracking goals in what wasn't actually a bad game watched by a typically decent 1800, regardless of the free tickets we do get generally bigger/less small gates than most.

F!!k knows why :lol:

Noticeable that Raynor was running the show last night with Evans just an observer, maybe that is the agreement for this competition for practice as later in the season at least one of them will be banned from managing . :D

LB1Lane

Post by LB1Lane » 10 Oct 2018, 09:45

DM has had a moan about the result on Twitter/

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Oct 2018, 09:49

LB1Lane wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 09:45
DM has had a moan about the result on Twitter/
'I can’t do anymore. Myself & my fellow owners spent fortune on new pitch & dressing rooms so the boys owe us good home form & some bloody cup 💰💰to pay us back'

He has a perfect right to moan - but he is also quick to praise and encourage when necessary too!

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 11 Oct 2018, 14:26

Poshay wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 21:51
:oops: Lost on pens to the Seagull Chicks , Godden missing his penalty.
At least Godden made their goalie work for his corn, unlike Man City's £50M+ player whose pen nearly went over the stand.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l: