POSH v BARNSLEY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Poshay

Re: POSH v BARNSLEY

Post by Poshay » 06 Oct 2018, 20:52

It doesn't matter what formation is used if Posh keep lumping the ball in the air to their diminutive forward players.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 Oct 2018, 22:10

Total rubbish. We really were very poor.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Oct 2018, 22:53

Brianposh wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 22:10
That is not crediting Barnsley with any sort of praise. Their passing, support of each other and willingness to get stuck in showed just what a good team they have. If they play like that for the rest of the season (they won't) then they would walk this league.
What did Posh have to counter-act their passing and movement? Chapman and the full backs hoofing the ball forward hoping that Toney could get some change out of their defence. It was never going to work as their number 5 was majestic all afternoon. A few pigeons came home to roost today!!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 07 Oct 2018, 05:42

Maybe we got our tonking of the season out of the way yesterday.
At least we know why we lost. Not like the times that we’ve played well and still come away with zero points.
Panic not. We’ll sort it.

Hope Magic is okay. We need him for penalties.

KIP. Roll on Saturday. Tuesday first ...... there’ll probably be 52 of us there.
:comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 07 Oct 2018, 09:25

ashman wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 22:53
Brianposh wrote:
That is not crediting Barnsley with any sort of praise. Their passing, support of each other and willingness to get stuck in showed just what a good team they have. If they play like that for the rest of the season (they won't) then they would walk this league.
What did Posh have to counter-act their passing and movement? Chapman and the full backs hoofing the ball forward hoping that Toney could get some change out of their defence. It was never going to work as their number 5 was majestic all afternoon. A few pigeons came home to roost today!!
I am full of praise for Barnsley who outmatched us in EVERY Department. We, I repeat were really very poor. I think you are agreeing with me Dave? I believe a few fans were expecting this to happen from the first early games. Another couple of games like that will see us down to 4000 at London Road.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Oct 2018, 15:21

bristleposh wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 16:58
That was painful to watch, we weren't awful we were just totally outplayed and outfought
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Oct 2018, 15:24

Poshay wrote:
06 Oct 2018, 20:52
It doesn't matter what formation is used if Posh keep lumping the ball in the air to their diminutive forward players.
:stupid:

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Oct 2018, 15:26

Brianposh wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 09:25
ashman wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
I am full of praise for Barnsley who outmatched us in EVERY Department. We, I repeat were really very poor. I think you are agreeing with me Dave? I believe a few fans were expecting this to happen from the first early games. Another couple of games like that will see us down to 4000 at London Road.
IMO I have still not seen Posh play well all season, I hope I am wrong, but this season seems no different to last season UTP

ashman

Post by ashman » 07 Oct 2018, 16:34

stuie wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 15:26
Brianposh wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 09:25
ashman wrote:

IMO I have still not seen Posh play well all season, I hope I am wrong, but this season seems no different to last season UTP
Oh it is stuie. At least we tried to play football last year (it didn't work in the end but at least we looked like a football team) This season it has been, for the most part, local park football!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 Oct 2018, 14:30

these are the days when a good manager will earn his corn

we still have an average of two points a game (promotion numbers)

we now need to motor through the 30 point barrier which has been our nemesis in recent seasons after good starts

if saint stevie can get and keep them motivated and winning through october and november we could well be on our way