REFEREE: DARREN DRYSDALE

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stephen Brown and Stuart Butler

Fourth Official: Matt Foley
Another awful official :cry:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: POSH v BARNSLEY

Post by poshnipper » 03 Oct 2018, 22:05

Member of a big club. They’re all awful.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 05 Oct 2018, 10:35

I reckon for the first time all season (except Plymouth) we will almost certainly need a 90 minutes performance.
Forget their abject display v The Pilgrims the other night we will see a different performance Saturday and need to be ruthless in front of goal and more solid in defence.
We've played 4 decent sides thus far and have 3 points from 12, maybe this shows where we are or perhaps this pattern if it continues all season is ok as long as we put the lesser clubs to bed and the other top sides cock up against them.
Dangerous game and not what's in the plan I'm sure.

3 at the back with Ward and MM as wing backs?

O'Hara, Woodyard & Walker central midfield or wrong game to experiment?

btw is this a record even for this site?
36 hours without a post on the page for our football club and on the eve of a massive match? :roll:

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 05 Oct 2018, 10:55

Look at things from another perspective. The only team to beat us so far are at the top, and they didn't outplay us.
The other top sides dropped points against us too. It would be nice to win every game, but come on, we support Peterborough Utd.
When we up the tempo, and go for teams, especially with 2 wing backs, rather than sit back on a 1-0 lead, inviting continual pressure, we look awesome.
Its the TEAM that have impressed me this year, they work together rather than individuals, they collectively care about getting the result. Even MM the magic man is on the same page, if we can keep him and keep him playing its automatic promotion this season.
UTP

ashman

Post by ashman » 05 Oct 2018, 14:47

Wycliffe wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 10:35
36 hours without a post on the page for our football club and on the eve of a massive match? :roll:
It's a bit like .net. The only thing (other than contributions to the very laudable Fred Drift thread) that is being posted on is the Barnsley thread. I'm afraid that the rest of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc. is taking over fan's forums; sad but true!) No need to knock this forum at the slightest excuse though Adi!!!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 05 Oct 2018, 16:53

ashman wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:47
Wycliffe wrote:
It's a bit like .net. The only thing (other than contributions to the very laudable Fred Drift thread) that is being posted on is the Barnsley thread. I'm afraid that the rest of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc. is taking over fan's forums; sad but true!) No need to knock this forum at the slightest excuse though Adi!!!
Was a genuine question though.
I kept visiting it to get a taste of the wisdom that is normally all to prevalent but none to be found which is why I had a go :wink:
There is no comparison between the 2 sites btw as well you know but I agree to a degree various other social media options are a pain.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 05 Oct 2018, 18:00

Wycliffe wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 16:53
ashman wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:47
Wycliffe wrote:
Was a genuine question though.
I kept visiting it to get a taste of the wisdom that is normally all to prevalent but none to be found which is why I had a go :wink:
There is no comparison between the 2 sites btw as well you know but I agree to a degree various other social media options are a pain.
Not really, Facebook and Twitter have just as many ex dotnetters as there are left on the site itself, even Keys can't get me banned from there.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Oct 2018, 14:50

Ward and MM start two of the leagues top scorers Godden and Cummings both on bench and O'Hara in for Dembele

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 Oct 2018, 15:51

Are the wheels beginning to come off?

2-0 down at half time. Thankfully, Portsmouth and Doncaster are also losing butSunderlnd are winning.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Oct 2018, 16:58

That was painful to watch, we weren't awful we were just totally outplayed and outfought

Chenza

Post by Chenza » 06 Oct 2018, 17:00

P**** poor team selection and no effort all round today SHOCKING !!!
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 06 Oct 2018, 18:03

Simply embarrassing.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

LB1Lane

Post by LB1Lane » 06 Oct 2018, 18:33

Happens.....Fleetwood did us a favour.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 06 Oct 2018, 19:12

It was quite evident today that the players looked completely lost with the formations we were trying to play. It was a mirrored image of how McCann would change his formation when he was gaffer and players looked clueless. It was like a training match for Barnsley who hardly got out of first gear. Why oh why are we now constantly changing formations three or four times during games when we had a winning system for the first 8 games. We have now ditched the successful partnership of Cummings and Godden and gone for a lone striker who thrives on crosses,but gets no service from the two wingers we play. Once again how many crosses did we get in behind their back four to Toney? Infact second half we were using our centre forward as a wide man. What's all that about. Totally baffled by today's formations, concerned that our home form is going from bad to worse. That's 10 points dropped at home in the last four matches. Outplayed in all of them!