Away fans friendly pub for Sunnerlan'

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Away fans friendly pub for Sunnerlan'

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Oct 2018, 18:46

The Colliery Tavern dead opposite the ground been recommended by a mackem friend of mine.

Be aware cash only (so Northern :lol: )

'Just across the road from the stadium (near to the entrance where the Davy Lamp is situated) is the Colliery Tavern. Although predominantly a home fans pub, it does allow in away fans and we had an enjoyable time on our visit. It shows live football on a number of tv's and to cope with the large number of fans it has a marquee outside, also serving beer as well as a burger van.

Suffolkposh

Re: Away fans friendly pub for Sunnerlan'

Post by Suffolkposh » 03 Oct 2018, 16:58

Wycliffe wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 18:46
The Colliery Tavern dead opposite the ground been recommended by a mackem friend of mine.

Be aware cash only (so Northern :lol: )

'Just across the road from the stadium (near to the entrance where the Davy Lamp is situated) is the Colliery Tavern. Although predominantly a home fans pub, it does allow in away fans and we had an enjoyable time on our visit. It shows live football on a number of tv's and to cope with the large number of fans it has a marquee outside, also serving beer as well as a burger van.
A very handy and friendly pub and good humoured fans. Pity there was no real ale but, Hey ho, a great night all round
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Re: Away fans friendly pub for Sunnerlan'

Post by poshnipper » 03 Oct 2018, 21:57

Nice tent outside, couldn’t quite get inside. Real nice friendly fans. Pointed out their Chairman’s right hand man ..... wearing nice plum cords and navy blue slip on shoes, complete with tassels. Trying to blend in? :mrgreen:

Highlight of the session was meeting Suffolk :clap2: :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH