POSH v BLACKPOOL

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2018, 13:34

ashman wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 07:53
. Dembele needs to be given a rest or at least relegated to the subs bench.
No better no worse than MM. If the manager persists in cutting out the midfield with direct football surely we'd better gping 4-3-3 and pushing anpther body alongside Woody and O'Hara to protect the defence especially at home.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2018, 13:45

stuie wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 13:24
no midfield play for Posh
Exactly stuie. The tactics don't allow for it! The full backs are rarely fed the ball enabling them to bring either Maddison, Dembele or the midfield into play. The ball is hoisted forward to our strikers every time and a four man defence will mostly send it packing back towards us again. The midfield is negated and the over-worked (but impressive Woodyard plus Walker who can actually get the ball down and potentially pass it to Maddison or Dembele) is wasted. Godden is not a midfielder, neither is Toney. They should be played in the forward line in the 4-4-2 that is being used. We seem to be able to change our tactics away from home but 2 points from the last 9 at home is nowhere near promotion form. The away form will not continue forever!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2018, 14:02

bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 13:34
ashman wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 07:53
. Dembele needs to be given a rest or at least relegated to the subs bench.
No better no worse than MM. If the manager persists in cutting out the midfield with direct football surely we'd better going 4-3-3 and pushing another body alongside Woody and O'Hara to protect the defence especially at home.
He was a lot worse than MM yesterday. The only meaningful cross he got in was from the short free kick for the first goal. He spends far too much time trying to beat the full backs two or more times before considering playing it off or passing. He is also spent after about 60 minutes. He needs a spell on the bench from where he could be very effective. Watch the extended highlights and compare the impact that MM and Dembele has on the game. There is no comparison.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2018, 14:39

ashman wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:02

He was a lot worse than MM yesterday. The only meaningful cross he got in was from the short free kick for the first goal. He spends far too much time trying to beat the full backs two or more times before considering playing it off or passing. He is also spent after about 60 minutes. He needs a spell on the bench from where he could be very effective. Watch the extended highlights and compare the impact that MM and Dembele has on the game. There is no comparison.
I watched the entire game, i do recall Dembele making a goal and not getting booked for petulance.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 30 Sep 2018, 15:14

Had a great day as guest of FP who sponsored the match ball. Met all the players. Stadium tour by our brilliant Club Ambassador, Tommy Robson. Little chat from Mr Fry before our 3-course meal :D
Only downside was sitting in the main stand which was as the Blackpool fans sang “a library”

If we’d played it on the floor, there’d have been more to get excited about.

Anyway, onto Tuesday. C’mon POSH
:comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Sep 2018, 19:59

poshnipper wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 15:14
Had a great day as guest of FP who sponsored the match ball. Met all the players. Stadium tour by our brilliant Club Ambassador, Tommy Robson. Little chat from Mr Fry before our 3-course meal :D
Only downside was sitting in the main stand which was as the Blackpool fans sang “a library”

I thought that was you on the pitch pre kick off, but had only just come back into the room and only saw your back view. :oops:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Oct 2018, 07:36

bristleposh wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 19:59
poshnipper wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 15:14

I thought that was you on the pitch pre kick off, but had only just come back into the room and only saw your back view. :oops:
So couldn't see the Glebe Stand? :wink: Sorry Nips, you can hit me tomorrow night. X

How many people left with 15 minutes to go from the main stand? Last time I had the 'pleasure' of being in there anyone over 65 seemed desperate to get out even though at the time the game was in the balance.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Oct 2018, 08:17

Wycliffe wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 07:36

So couldn't see the Glebe Stand? :wink:
This is true and the annoying thing of watching the live footage and the radio commentary is that the radio team are in the North Stand and when they say are playing from left to right I have to check my hands to make sure I'm not imagining that Posh were not dressed in white with orange shorts

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 03 Oct 2018, 22:00

bristleposh wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 08:17
Wycliffe wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 07:36

So couldn't see the Glebe Stand? :wink:
This is true white
Oi you!! That is not flaming true. You’ll be getting a slap next time as well as Adi :P
We go again...
Proud to be POSH