POSH v BLACKPOOL

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16916
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by ashman » 26 Sep 2018, 07:19

Peterborough United v Blackpool

REFEREE: CARL BOYESON

ASSISTANT REFEREES:
Michael Webb and Grant Taylor

Fourth Official: Declan Bourne
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Steamy Nin
Posts: 81
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by Steamy Nin » 28 Sep 2018, 10:05

Less than 30 hours to kick off and no significant comments for this match on here, and it seems to me that all of the focus is on the Sunderland game. I hope we aren't taking our eye off the ball here and I certainly hope Stevie and the boys are focused on tomorrow because Blackpool have only lost once this season (same as us) and they have the best defensive record in the league with only 5 goals against. This is going to be a tough game and we need to be up for it from the off.

LB1Lane
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Sep 2018, 17:22

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by LB1Lane » 28 Sep 2018, 10:46

The manager is not 'taking his eye off the ball' it is his job, he states he will not allow complacency to creep in either. Posh cannot win them all but, we can rest assured the selected team will be going at Blackpool like terrier dogs.

Steamy Nin
Posts: 81
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by Steamy Nin » 28 Sep 2018, 11:08

LB1Lane wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 10:46
The manager is not 'taking his eye off the ball' it is his job, he states he will not allow complacency to creep in either. Posh cannot win them all but, we can rest assured the selected team will be going at Blackpool like terrier dogs.
Let's hope your right.

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15984
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by poshnipper » 28 Sep 2018, 21:39

So who’s gonna get the clackers to make a noise with? :D :D Just kidding ....
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16916
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by ashman » 28 Sep 2018, 23:36

poshnipper wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 21:39
So who’s gonna get the clackers to make a noise with? :D :D Just kidding ....
It would be great to make loads of noise but 'clackers' no thanks!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/septe ... ome-noise/
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 1510
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by Wycliffe » 29 Sep 2018, 07:34

ashman wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 23:36
poshnipper wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 21:39
So who’s gonna get the clackers to make a noise with? :D :D Just kidding ....
It would be great to make loads of noise but 'clackers' no thanks!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/septe ... ome-noise/
It's for the kids or should be. Anyone see an adult doing it should report him/her to a steward and have them ejected.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16916
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by ashman » 29 Sep 2018, 07:53

Wycliffe wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 07:34
ashman wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 23:36
poshnipper wrote:
28 Sep 2018, 21:39
So who’s gonna get the clackers to make a noise with? :D :D Just kidding ....
It would be great to make loads of noise but 'clackers' no thanks!

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/septe ... ome-noise/
It's for the kids or should be. Anyone see an adult doing it should report him/her to a steward and have them ejected.
:lol: :clap:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by bristleposh » 29 Sep 2018, 14:46

Image

That'd be unchanged then
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by bristleposh » 29 Sep 2018, 15:53

1-0 Posh at half time goal from Bennett
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 5531
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by Poshay » 29 Sep 2018, 18:03

A very disappointing display by Posh who were outplayed for most of the game by a lively Blackpool team. A goal for Posh following a siege of the 'Pool goal in the final minutes of the game would have been an injustice. For large periods of the game Blackpool appeared to have greater numbers of players on the pitch, so poor was Posh's ball retention. Much better will be required at Sunderland on Tuesday.
Last edited by Poshay on 30 Sep 2018, 17:10, edited 2 times in total.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27573
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by bristleposh » 29 Sep 2018, 18:48

Poshay wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 18:03
A very disappointing display by Posh who were outplayed for most of the game by a lively Blackpool team. A goal for Posh following a siege of the 'Pool goal in the final minutes of the game would have been an injustice. For large periods of the game Blackpool appeared to have greater numbers of players on the pitch, so poor was Posh's ball retention. Much better will be required at Sunderland on Tuesday.
I thought the midfield apart from Woody and O'Hara were completely anonymous. Toney and Godden didn't seem to get any service at all, the crosses from both sides were pathetic. The class of Spearing and Delfonsu was very apparent. Our man of the match was probably Bennett and after the negative vibes I was giving him earlier in the season I think at least that's one positive.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Steamy Nin
Posts: 81
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by Steamy Nin » 29 Sep 2018, 20:40

They just weren't up for it ahead of the game, distracted by all the talk about the Sunderland game. Worryingly we have only take 2 points from the last 9 at home.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16916
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by ashman » 30 Sep 2018, 07:53

Steamy Nin wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 20:40
They just weren't up for it ahead of the game, distracted by all the talk about the Sunderland game. Worryingly we have only take 2 points from the last 9 at home.
.... and once again we resort to the long ball, hoping that our forwards will latch onto scraps. Why can we play football, pass the ball on the ground and get results away from home yet still persist with this long ball nonsense? The reason the midfield was anonymous bristle is because the ball was constantly being hoisted over them! Walker is a misfit in this team because he can pass the ball and yet he was substituted! I feel sorry for the bloke. He showed his superb qualities at Gillingham because we generally kept the ball on the ground. Dembele needs to be given a rest or at least relegated to the subs bench.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15535
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: POSH v BLACKPOOL

Post by stuie » 30 Sep 2018, 13:24

no midfield play for Posh
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests