Sunderland Game

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Sunderland Game

Post by ashman » 03 Oct 2018, 11:07

Nyron Nosworthy wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 10:46
Yeah Baldwin has been one of the standout signings for us so far this season. Looks good on the ball and has read the game well so far, bar the odd slip.
We were linked with Maddison a lot while he was at Gateshead. Know a few Gateshead fans and they always spoke highly of him. He looks an exciting player, needs to stop the rolling around. But other than that he looks like he could play at a higher level.
Glad those that came up were made to feel welcome.
Yeh, it was good to be treated like fans should be and wonderful to actually meet Suffolkposh too!
Jack is one of the most respected players we have had at Posh in recent times. He was always ready to chat to fans, was always there whenever any charity work was required and was an all round excellent clubman. It's the odd slip that increasingly became more apparent in his game that upset so many and I think that towards the end of last season his confidence had taken a thorough bashing, so that more often than not he would just hoof the ball forward.
In pre-season, out in Portugal and in the games played back in England we were beginning to see the confidence returning. I spoke to him at length when we played Stamford, asking him about whether he had found another club to go to and he seemed so relaxed about no one coming in for him but was not bitter about how he had been treated. I'm so glad that he seems to have found his niche and that he has a great season this year, apart from when you return to the Abax on Monday 22nd April (Easter Monday) the third last game of the season, when the game hopefully will be a real test of character for both teams!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Suffolkposh

Post by Suffolkposh » 03 Oct 2018, 16:55

ashman wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 11:07

Yeh, it was good to be treated like fans should be and wonderful to actually meet Suffolkposh too!
Jack is one of the most respected players we have had at Posh in recent times. He was always ready to chat to fans, was always there whenever any charity work was required and was an all round excellent clubman. It's the odd slip that increasingly became more apparent in his game that upset so many and I think that towards the end of last season his confidence had taken a thorough bashing, so that more often than not he would just hoof the ball forward.
In pre-season, out in Portugal and in the games played back in England we were beginning to see the confidence returning. I spoke to him at length when we played Stamford, asking him about whether he had found another club to go to and he seemed so relaxed about no one coming in for him but was not bitter about how he had been treated. I'm so glad that he seems to have found his niche and that he has a great season this year, apart from when you return to the Abax on Monday 22nd April (Easter Monday) the third last game of the season, when the game hopefully will be a real test of character for both teams!
It was good to meet you too Ashman, and Nipper.

We also found the staff at the stadium very helpful and pleasant and it was good to be able to use the lift too. I don't think my knees would have managed 9 flights of steps.

In all a very good night out and a good match to enjoy.
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Oct 2018, 18:10

Suffolkposh wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 16:55
ashman wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 11:07

It was good to meet you too Ashman, and Nipper.

We also found the staff at the stadium very helpful and pleasant and it was good to be able to use the lift too. I don't think my knees would have managed 9 flights of steps.

In all a very good night out and a good match to enjoy.
A modern stadium was always going to have a lift, Posh have one at the Moys End I believe, and certainly Newcastle had one up to the Gods where we had the pleasure of sitting, they could have supplied opera glasses
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 03 Oct 2018, 18:28

bristleposh wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 18:10

A modern stadium was always going to have a lift, Posh have one at the Moys End I believe, and certainly Newcastle had one up to the Gods where we had the pleasure of sitting, they could have supplied opera glasses
A lot have Nick, but a good many only allow V.I.P.'s, visible disabled, and staff to use them.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Oct 2018, 19:24

Brianposh wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 18:28
bristleposh wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 18:10

A lot have Nick, but a good many only allow V.I.P.'s, visible disabled, and staff to use them.
How ridiculous is that.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Oct 2018, 20:39

Nyron Nosworthy wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 10:46
Yeah Baldwin has been one of the standout signings for us so far this season. Looks good on the ball and has read the game well so far, bar the odd slip.

We were linked with Maddison a lot while he was at Gateshead. Know a few Gateshead fans and they always spoke highly of him. He looks an exciting player, needs to stop the rolling around. But other than that he looks like he could play at a higher level.

Glad those that came up were made to feel welcome.
tbf to the lad normally you'd be right about the rolling around.
However last night that triple sukahara assault on him would normally have seen him squealing like a girl and rolling marathon lengths but last night it was merely a few yards.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 03 Oct 2018, 22:17

Great away day. Very friendly fans. Obviously they think they’re a little bit too good for League 1 though. I reminded them about our gates as opposed to theirs and the fact they’ve had parachute payments but still they’re beneath the MIGHTY POSH :D Couldnt resist :mrgreen:

Smashing to see so many of us turn up. We made some noise, just not sure we were near enough to the pitch for the lads to hear us.
It felt like a win :clap2:

Nobody told me and Ash about a lift ..... clearly we looked fit enough to manage the stairs
We go again...
Proud to be POSH