REFEREE: DAVID COOTE

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Ian Hussin and Neil Davies

Fourth Official: Tony Harrington

Posh in blue for the clash! :clap: :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Re: Sunderland Game

Post by ashman » 01 Oct 2018, 16:06

Sunderland seem to think that they have a God-given right to beat teams!

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every single game this season, but all for different reasons. We’re not shying away from where we want to be this year and to do that we need to beat teams like Peterborough, so that will be our aim tomorrow evening,” Sunderland boss Jack Ross said.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Oct 2018, 18:42

ashman wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 16:06
Sunderland seem to think that they have a God-given right to beat teams!

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every single game this season, but all for different reasons. We’re not shying away from where we want to be this year and to do that we need to beat teams like Peterborough, so that will be our aim tomorrow evening,” Sunderland boss Jack Ross said.
Or

We need to beat teams that are going to be high up in the division.

Nyron Nosworthy

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 02 Oct 2018, 07:33

Safe journey up to those coming to the game! Obviously hope you travel back unhappy, but got a feeling it’ll be a score draw tonight. However we are missing a few key players.

thediceman

Post by thediceman » 02 Oct 2018, 10:01

The last time I watched the Posh play Sunderland we won 5-1. Here's hoping for a repeat :)

gazwilwah

Post by gazwilwah » 02 Oct 2018, 15:51

To get a win would be great obviously but its the same old story, can we put away the weaker teams? beating teams like Sunderland should be a bonus.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Oct 2018, 22:02

2-2 fair result given that we should have been about 5-0 down at half time. Maddison was bloody awesome I hate to admit it, but without him we would have lost that game. Well done Marcus
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Nyron Nosworthy

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 02 Oct 2018, 22:34

Just back home. Draw a fair result in the end, we should have been out of sight at HT. But your lads came out flying second half, the sending off did help mind. Not that i’ve got any complaints about that, stupid from Oviedo.

Like the look of Toney, always thought he was useful for Newcastle’s youth teams.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Oct 2018, 22:56

Nyron Nosworthy wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 22:34
Just back home. Draw a fair result in the end, we should have been out of sight at HT. But your lads came out flying second half, the sending off did help mind. Not that i’ve got any complaints about that, stupid from Oviedo.

Like the look of Toney, always thought he was useful for Newcastle’s youth teams.
I think you'll do better in the return leg you seem to have some class players and we don't play as well at home
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

dunc

Post by dunc » 02 Oct 2018, 23:25

Yes, I don't know why we changed our formation from the first five successful away games - thank goodness we reverted at halftime to give ourselves enough opportunity to respond.
If ever a game cried out for Maddison to start (from the North-East and a wide pitch with large open spaces) this was surely it? Dembele has looked like he has needed a rest for the last two or three games now.
Best display from Ward this season as well, (maybe full of running when opponents were tiring helped).

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 03 Oct 2018, 07:50

and if messi had had the vision and made the pass for the second goal we would all be purring

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 03 Oct 2018, 07:54

A good night, a good game and Maddison truly supreme. Daniel had a nightmare, as did Cooke and joined by Dembele. Great Posh crowd, noisy and kept it going. Staff at Stadium of light were brilliant, we used lifts to go up into the top stand and one very enjoyable night. We should have won in the end.
Last edited by Brianposh on 03 Oct 2018, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Oct 2018, 08:28

Brianposh wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 07:54
A good night, a good game and Maddison truly supreme. Daniel had a nightmare joined by Dembele. Great Posh crowd, noisy and kept it going. Staff at Stadium of light were brilliant, we used lifts to go up into the top stand and one very enjoyable night. We should have won in the end.
Totally agree Brian. I've been saying for a while that Dembele needs a spell on the bench. After his initial impact on the scene he is fading quickly. I hope he returns invigorated soon as he is a great crowd pleaser and player. Really worried about our defence, something I thought would be the strong point of this team.
I hope that bristle will now excuse Maddison his vitriol as I could almost forgive any negatives about him just to watch the lad perform like he did last night in that magnificent stadium.
Great afternoon and evening. It got a touch chilly by the end, walking back to the coach, but in the stadium it was fine.
Pre-match in The Colliery was an away experience that all fans would appreciate. Lots of interaction with the locals who were so friendly and knowledgeable. They really rated Jack Baldwin too. However they may have curbed their enthusiasm for him after he gave Ward the assist for his first goal for the club. I knew he wouldn't let us down!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 03 Oct 2018, 10:43

Yep, what a lovely Stadium and the opposing fans so nice, knowledgeable and pleasant for a change. We enjoyed our drink in the Colliery although very, very crowded. Dembele is NOT a centre forward for sure.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Nyron Nosworthy

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 03 Oct 2018, 10:46

Yeah Baldwin has been one of the standout signings for us so far this season. Looks good on the ball and has read the game well so far, bar the odd slip.

We were linked with Maddison a lot while he was at Gateshead. Know a few Gateshead fans and they always spoke highly of him. He looks an exciting player, needs to stop the rolling around. But other than that he looks like he could play at a higher level.

Glad those that came up were made to feel welcome.