Sunderland Game

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Nyron Nosworthy

Sunderland Game

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 24 Sep 2018, 13:58

Alright lads and lasses. Sunderland fan in peace!!!
Looking forward to the game next week, hopefully both clubs can continue their form at the weekend and go into the game firing.

Any idea how many of your lot will be making the trip up? Realise it’s a bit ***** having the journey on a week night mind.

Wycliffe

Re: Sunderland Game

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2018, 14:10

Hi mate.

Sadly I doubt more than 250 especially with poxy ifollow being allowed to show it live :shock:

I'll be there and am looking forward to it.
Last time we were there one of your lot decided to seriously injure our best player in the first few minutes (Tomlin) and due to the big club bias officials show no action was taken so hopefully we can get revenge.

If this was a Saturday we'd be 1500-2000 strong .

Saying all that it really isn't as far as some think.
Less than 200 miles up the A1 that has no roundabouts any longer so 3 and a half hours travelling.

I'll take 1-1 right now.

Nyron Nosworthy

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 24 Sep 2018, 14:19

Wycliffe wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 14:10
Hi mate.

Sadly I doubt more than 250 especially with poxy ifollow being allowed to show it live :shock:

I'll be there and am looking forward to it.
Last time we were there one of your lot decided to seriously injure our best player in the first few minutes (Tomlin) and due to the big club bias officials show no action was taken so hopefully we can get revenge.

If this was a Saturday we'd be 1500-2000 strong .

Saying all that it really isn't as far as some think.
Less than 200 miles up the A1 that has no roundabouts any longer so 3 and a half hours travelling.

I'll take 1-1 right now.
Aye thought the midweek fixture would put a few off. Like you say though the distance isn’t that far, think we’ll get the train down later in the season for the return game!

Think the same will happen for us attendance wise, maybe 27k-28k there. Hopefully more if we beat Coventry at the weekend.

Ah yeah cup game wasn’t it? sure the weather was awful as well.

Scoredraw probably a good shout

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Sep 2018, 14:30

I'll be one of the stay away pretendaposhes, I was looking forward to a flight up to Newcastle on a Saturday plus an overnight stay in a hotel, sadly not possible on a Tuesday.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2018, 15:24

I'll be there sitting next to the 'Rattle.' :lol: Fond memories of our last visit, not of the result but the friendly way in which we were treated by the natives. Such a shame that a couple of top teams have to play on a Tuesday night and as Wycliffe has intimated the use of iFollow for midweek matches is really counter productive to the away fans attendances.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Sep 2018, 16:19

Who Is going to carry me up all those ruddy steps to my seat in the stands?
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Sep 2018, 18:19

Brianposh wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 16:19
I'll get Nipper to chase you up wielding her rattle! :D

Nyron Nosworthy

Post by Nyron Nosworthy » 24 Sep 2018, 19:09

ashman wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 15:24
I'll be there sitting next to the 'Rattle.' :lol: Fond memories of our last visit, not of the result but the friendly way in which we were treated by the natives. Such a shame that a couple of top teams have to play on a Tuesday night and as Wycliffe has intimated the use of iFollow for midweek matches is really counter productive to the away fans attendances.
Good to hear mate, we are a friendly bunch. Shame your lot aren’t up on a Saturday so you can make a day of it

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 24 Sep 2018, 19:58

Last time I attended a Sunderland-Posh game we lost 7-1. It was in the cup I think in the 70’s?, and the club were forcibly demoted at the end of the season as the then chairman offered cash incentives to our players. Didn’t work!

All I really remember was the endless train ride home. We seemed to be shunted into every siding possible. It was enlivened by a drunk Irishman who challenged us to endless games of 3 card brag. He seemed to think that shouting ‘50p blind’ was a recipe for success.

It wasn’t. Me and my mate ended about £20 quid up between us.

Enjoyed it more than the match.

Don’t see our 100% away record surviving, but I live in hope.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2018, 20:29

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 19:58
Last time I attended a Sunderland-Posh game we lost 7-1. It was in the cup I think in the 70’s?, and the club were forcibly demoted at the end of the season as the then chairman offered cash incentives to our players. Didn’t work!

All I really remember was the endless train ride home. We seemed to be shunted into every siding possible. It was enlivened by a drunk Irishman who challenged us to endless games of 3 card brag. He seemed to think that shouting ‘50p blind’ was a recipe for success.

It wasn’t. Me and my mate ended about £20 quid up between us.

Enjoyed it more than the match.

Don’t see our 100% away record surviving, but I live in hope.
66-67 season, you should learn your POSH history or stop trying to pretend to be younger than you are mate :lol:

That £20 is worth about £ 260 nowadays :clap:

Suffolkposh

Post by Suffolkposh » 25 Sep 2018, 16:35

Brianposh wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 16:19
I think I am going to have that problem too, Brian :oops:
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14

TheStaps

Post by TheStaps » 25 Sep 2018, 21:50

Peterborough fans travelling north for the match at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday 2nd and looking for somewhere to stay- we have 6 luxury rooms at the No16 - https://www.no16seaham.co.uk/en-GB. All very reasonably priced and only a short drive from the ground.

Alternatively if you want a few decent pints of beer prior to the match why not try the Stapylton Arms at Hawthorn Village, County Durham. Just off the A19 and run by 2 Sunderland Season ticket holders, we can guarantee good hospitality and football chat.

Call us on 0191 5270778 for more information

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Sep 2018, 21:55

Wow, wish I could go
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

lizycole

Post by lizycole » 25 Sep 2018, 22:52

I'll be there with my dad!
Went to poly in Sunderland and have always said that if we had a league match i would go. Days off sorted, hotel booked and hoping to win 2-1.
Ever the optimist!
I went to Roker Park a few times when I was there and can't wait to see the Stadium of Light...

See you there!
Lizy of London

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Sep 2018, 07:27

lizycole wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 22:52
I'll be there with my dad!
Went to poly in Sunderland and have always said that if we had a league match i would go. Days off sorted, hotel booked and hoping to win 2-1.
Ever the optimist!
I went to Roker Park a few times when I was there and can't wait to see the Stadium of Light...

See you there!
Lizy of London
Welcome back lizycole! It seems ages since you last posted? Come and have a chat with some of us on the Official Supporter's coach. They are the ones that have 'Tourmaster' emblazoned over them!