Re: POSH at Gillingham

Post by john316z » 23 Sep 2018, 13:47

ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 11:12
bristleposh wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 09:05
ashman wrote:
22 Sep 2018, 20:47

'we could have thrown it away again when a petulant unnecessary kick from Marmite could have, nay shale have earned a straight red.'
Do you honestly think that sort of thing should be allowed in football, if a player from another side had done it to one of ours you would have been screaming blue murder
It happens all the time unfortunately in modern professional football. I'm not condoning it, I didn't even spot the incident; it just seems that you are determined to undermine one of the league's most talented footballers no matter what the lad does! Just what is your agenda?
He is always one player he always slags off. As long as I've been on here there's always been one

Seems it's okay for bristle to slag off who he likes but not for other mortals on here

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 Sep 2018, 15:39

john316z wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 13:47
ashman wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 11:12
bristleposh wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 09:05

Do you honestly think that sort of thing should be allowed in football, if a player from another side had done it to one of ours you would have been screaming blue murder
It happens all the time unfortunately in modern professional football. I'm not condoning it, I didn't even spot the incident; it just seems that you are determined to undermine one of the league's most talented footballers no matter what the lad does! Just what is your agenda?
He is always one player he always slags off. As long as I've been on here there's always been one

Seems it's okay for bristle to slag off who he likes but not for other mortals on here
Well he's got you biting anyway :lol:

I must admit I didn't see MM lash out although we were all bemused as to why after he'd riden a tackle and passed it sideways to a colleague he had a free kick given against him. maybe ifollow is the way forward :lol:

I am not a fan of the bloke (MM not Bristol.....saying that :wink: ) but he did well yesterday and showed a hiterto non existent willingness to help out his defence although he's pretty woeful at it.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 23 Sep 2018, 20:42

there might be a whole range of reasons why someone would use capitals. these might possibly include some of my keys sometimes stick, some people prefer capitals, a new poster might be unsure (as i often am ) about how to submit posts especially when responding and quoting, and there might well be other more personal reasons why you prefer capitals and/ or not to use the shift key

i am often criticised for not using upper case, and my response is generally that i am undercapitalised (a pretty thin joke i accept , but not if you knew my finances) ,

we should surely be encouraging people to post their views,and not belittling them for doing so and provided they get their message across, it is not worth our while challenging people's spelling or grammar. at some schools they don't learn you no good. i would of thought that that is more better, as some might say

btw i think "he3" means "he's" if you haven't yet being able to work it out

we may not have won easy ,but we won with a goal to spare, and we are still averaging well over 2 points a game, mr evan's may be doing something right,

floreat posh

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 24 Sep 2018, 12:00

No! No no

Never ever be intimidated by such people who should have apologised immediately for such utterly crass and irrelevant comments

It is they who should refrain from making such comments

Many bullies do not understand that what they are saying or doing ,nor of the implications of such behaviour

I will perhaps be the only person on this website prepared to challenge such crassness but if so I will be only one to be correct

We all want posh to do well but different people have different ways of expressing this

Please do feel free to continue to post whenever you
Wish

Up the posh

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Sep 2018, 14:12

trevormans wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 12:00
No! No no

Never ever be intimidated by such people who should have apologised immediately for such utterly crass and irrelevant comments

It is they who should refrain from making such comments

Many bullies do not understand that what they are saying or doing ,nor of the implications of such behaviour

I will perhaps be the only person on this website prepared to challenge such crassness but if so I will be only one to be correct

We all want posh to do well but different people have different ways of expressing this

Please do feel free to continue to post whenever you
Wish

Up the posh
:lol: Hardly either mate.

I think he should post some more, I never said he should not and it was light hearted criticism, saying that if he gets upset that easy maybe a forum even this one is not his best option.

Post again my friend, this site needs any new posters it can get :wink:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 25 Sep 2018, 05:44

Even the weather couldn’t spoil the day.
The landlord in the pub said they specifically save the rain for when we get there. Nice pub. Funny landlord! :roll:

I never thought we’d lose.
Loved those 3 brilliant close range stops from Chapman that had us all on our feet.
We only faltered when Taff went off and it took Youwerth a couple of minutes to do the gelling bit. Love the new passion we’re showing.
Jury here is still out on Evans but I’m supporting the lads, not him so it doesn’t really matter what I think of him. He’s getting us the results and we’ve had some great days out and it’s still only September. Watching other clubs fans get riled about him is fairly entertaining :mrgreen: and I certainly ain’t embarrassed by his behaviour.

FWIW, a lot of us on the licker voted Magic as our MOM. Not quite sure what Brizzle sees that most of the rest of us don’t! But hey, he’s entitled to his opinion ...... even though he’s wrong :mrgreen:

If only the support for the 500 odd of us there could be multiplied at LR.

Zak coming over at the end to acknowledge our support and giving me his shirt topped the day off in brilliant fashion. Top guy. POSH legend.
:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 25 Sep 2018, 07:13

poshnipper wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 05:44
The landlord in the pub said they specifically save the rain for when we get there. Nice pub. Funny landlord! :roll:

Loved those 3 brilliant close range stops from Chapman that had us all on our feet.
We only faltered when Taff went off and it took Youwerth a couple of minutes to do the gelling bit. Love the new passion we’re showing.
Jury here is still out on Evans but I’m supporting the lads, not him so it doesn’t really matter what I think of him. He’s getting us the results and we’ve had some great days out and it’s still only September. Watching other clubs fans get riled about him is fairly entertaining :mrgreen: and I certainly ain’t embarrassed by his behaviour.

FWIW, a lot of us on the licker voted Magic as our MOM. Not quite sure what Brizzle sees that most of the rest of us don’t! But hey, he’s entitled to his opinion ...... even though he’s wrong :mrgreen:

Zak coming over at the end to acknowledge our support and giving me his shirt topped the day off in brilliant fashion. Top guy. POSH legend.
For the record I thought he was probably our man of the match on Saturday, what I didn't like was his petulant kick that cost us a freekick when we were on for yet another breakaway. I can't believe he wasn't even booked let alone sent off, the only reason I can think was that the referee had considered that he hadn't connected with his intended target and was given the benefit if the doubt as to his intent. It was nice to see him stay on his feet for virtually the whole game, and to do his share of the defensive tackling back. He is a great player, second or third in the DMac era behind Boyd and possibly Tomlin.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Sep 2018, 07:31

poshnipper wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 05:44

Nice pub? In Gillingham? Near the ground?

That's a first.

Yeah was a good match.

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Sep 2018, 07:52

Wycliffe wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 15:39
I must admit I didn't see MM lash out although we were all bemused as to why after he'd riden a tackle and passed it sideways to a colleague he had a free kick given against him. maybe ifollow is the way forward :lol:
I am not a fan of the bloke (MM not Bristol.....saying that :wink: ) but he did well yesterday and showed a hiterto non existent willingness to help out his defence although he's pretty woeful at it.
I've just watched the extended highlights. The influence of Maddison on that game is tremendous.

1) A superb pass forward that ended up with Walker missing the easiest chance of the afternoon!
2) The save he brought out from Gillingham's superb keeper Tomas Holy. (surely meant for higher things!)
3) The well flighted corner, superbly delivered to Taff and almost finished off by Naismith.
4) Following Chapman's marvellous triple save he defended the ball away for a corner.
5) Long pass forward to Naismith who pushed the ball across the goal to the on-rushing Walker (goal 1)
6) Defence splitting ball to Dembele who wriggled free from the defender and slotted into the right hand corner. (goal 2)
7) Tracking back to win the ball from the Gillingham forwards and passing to Walker. Walker to Naismith, forward to Godden, played off to Dembele and out to Toney who finished in style. (goal 3) What a team goal, started by defensive work by Maddison and finally
That very subtle little nudge on to Cooke to mug the defender and place the ball in the net. (goal 4)
How anyone can deny the influence that he has on this team is unbelievable and as Wycliffe has pointed out he has also played his part in defending for the team. Defending is not what Marcus Maddison is all about but he seems to be adding this to his game. Saying that he will probably have a mare against Blackpool on Saturday! This is often the way with really talented players.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 25 Sep 2018, 08:07

Wycliffe wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 07:31
Nice pub? In Gillingham? Near the ground?
That's a first.
The Will Adams. Good grub, very friendly locals and landlord and a selection of excellent maggoty beers and urine inducing lagers for the uninitiated! :D Bit of a long walk but lickers don't mind a a bit of a trek, unlike The Ebz Express crew who need to roll out of the coach straight into the hostelry!

'Everybody needs to have a friend'