Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Re: One more in?

Post by john316z » 30 Aug 2018, 09:21

Chompy wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 19:11
Yup, that's Maddison's job.
I'm not sure what the future is for him now. It appears that his only option out of the club would be a sideways move. Championship clubs don't seem to want him that much and it would be wrong to oust one of the other players given out start. Perhaps he just boxes his time. Maybe we'll hang onto him till January now

Of course if he's on his game then I'd love him to stay buy sense he may be disruptive which means Evans will push him out. Puts him back to square one where he won't garner interest if he's not playing. A strange situation

dunc

Post by dunc » 30 Aug 2018, 10:38

That's definitely something you can't accuse Posh or Steve Evans of doing since last May! - Standing still

dunc

Post by dunc » 30 Aug 2018, 10:46

In some ways Marcus has brought this on himself - by insisting he moves on to bigger and better things than we can offer.
Steve Evans started his close season preparations assuming Maddison would be gone and no Championship club is going to offer what DMac wants for him when he can't even get in our first team now - not the way it has started. Maybe a League 1 club with money and a poor start would offer Marcus the chance as he has already proved himself at this level, but his best opportunity to step up to Championship football now seems to get his head down and work his way back into Steve Evans first team thinking.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 30 Aug 2018, 12:34

dunc wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 10:38
That's definitely something you can't accuse Posh or Steve Evans of doing since last May! - Standing still
I'm not...and we won't.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 30 Aug 2018, 17:21

john316z wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 09:21
Chompy wrote:
I'm not sure what the future is for him now. It appears that his only option out of the club would be a sideways move. Championship clubs don't seem to want him that much and it would be wrong to oust one of the other players given out start. Perhaps he just boxes his time. Maybe we'll hang onto him till January now

Of course if he's on his game then I'd love him to stay buy sense he may be disruptive which means Evans will push him out. Puts him back to square one where he won't garner interest if he's not playing. A strange situation
I have been boring everyone including myself for about a year.

Think of any purchasing club.

A relegated PL side who think MM would be the difference between staying in the C'shop or regaining their PL place.
NO
A perennially struggling c'ship side who view MM as the man to take them up the division and to kick on to play offs at least.
NO
A perennially struggling c'ship side who view MM as the man to grab his team mates and with his hard work and great team ethic to help them stay up.
NO.

So. Who?

It may come before the deadline but regardless who signs him it will obviously be a sign of desperation on their part.
DMac has proven us wrong by getting more than a few quid for Leo so maybe he'll shock us again.

john316z

Post by john316z » 30 Aug 2018, 18:10

Wycliffe wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 17:21
john316z wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 09:21
Chompy wrote:

I have been boring everyone including myself for about a year.

Think of any purchasing club.

A relegated PL side who think MM would be the difference between staying in the C'shop or regaining their PL place.
NO
A perennially struggling c'ship side who view MM as the man to take them up the division and to kick on to play offs at least.
NO
A perennially struggling c'ship side who view MM as the man to grab his team mates and with his hard work and great team ethic to help them stay up.
NO.

So. Who?

It may come before the deadline but regardless who signs him it will obviously be a sign of desperation on their part.
DMac has proven us wrong by getting more than a few quid for Leo so maybe he'll shock us again.
You can't be right more than once this year surely! :clap:

But his bridges look well and truly burnt

dunc

Post by dunc » 30 Aug 2018, 18:16

So would he consider moving to a League 1 club perceived to be bigger than Posh?
Or would Dmac even accept a sideways move, as his agreement was to allow him a move to the Championship?

john316z

Post by john316z » 30 Aug 2018, 19:30

dunc wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 18:16
So would he consider moving to a League 1 club perceived to be bigger than Posh?
Or would Dmac even accept a sideways move, as his agreement was to allow him a move to the Championship?
Who knows and what chances has he got here other than to fill in till Fry finds someone that wants him or we lose someone to injury or loss of form

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 30 Aug 2018, 19:33

Was signed and sealed according to DMac on Twitter but the selling club pulled the plug at the last second.

OBM

Post by OBM » 30 Aug 2018, 20:03

Big test for Marcus this, if he is not sold then he needs to get his head down, fight for a place and work for the team. If he does not he will just be proving all the doubters right. However if he does he will get his move in January or next Summer. It is up to him and always has been, there is no doubting his skill but the attitude and diving let him down. Newcastle knew this years ago, we know it and everybody else knows it.

Over to you Marcus.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 30 Aug 2018, 20:10

Why is everyone assuming Uncle Steve will let him back in?

OBM

Post by OBM » 30 Aug 2018, 20:23

Because he has made 2 substitute appearances, just letting him on the bus is some evidence.

john316z

Post by john316z » 30 Aug 2018, 20:23

Chompy wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 20:10
Why is everyone assuming Uncle Steve will let him back in?
He will if we need him in the 1st 11. He's in the match day squad already so if we lose Ward or Dembele for any reason I'd be surprised if he didn't pick him

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 30 Aug 2018, 20:26

He's made two sub appearances and been in the match day squad while the window was still open. Let's see if that remains the case on Saturday.

dunc

Post by dunc » 30 Aug 2018, 22:13

Saturday will tell us a lot - whether Marcus stays or goes and if he stays whether he is part of Steve Evans short term plans.
Steve Evans has also suggested in his interview today that he is still interested in adding one more player to his squad.
Having given Dmac and Baz two names for a position - so it still seems that either a 4th centre back or a 5th forward is on his wishlist.