Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Poshies v Donny

Post by DaveLister » 01 Sep 2018, 17:32

trevormans wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 16:57
still, we are undefeated after 6 games

these rookie managers are a bit pesky are not they?
You mean the lolmanager :lol:

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 01 Sep 2018, 18:10

16 points off six games means well over 2.5 points per game

if we continue like this we may get transferred direct into the premiership

is saint stevie banned for the next three games?

mark-posh

Post by mark-posh » 01 Sep 2018, 18:14

Hmm, my first match this season and dragged father there. Was it worth it? no definatley not, really did look like a team around middle to bottom of table. My man of match was Chapman. Are we going to next home game, no definately not. Just happy (again) don't have to watch that crap every other week. Will be going back to my saturday afternoon golf games until things improve.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Sep 2018, 18:31

Wtf was that? Absolute daylight robbery. Doubt there'll be many better in L1 this season than Wilks.

Was like watching Stoke nick a home point against Man City.

Evans blamed himself for giving them two days off early in the week and the intensity was missing, but we looked limited today. Our limitations were exposed around this time last season away at Donny too.

Think they'll be given a hard time in training this week to get ready for Southend.

Anyone that booed the players off at half-time is an utter moron.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Sep 2018, 18:32

DaveLister wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:32
trevormans wrote:

Pretty sure we started similarly when GM first took over, but he'll make the same mistakes again, have no fear. He'll lose his nerve, will start playing them in the wrong position and start hoofing it again.

Feel free to post an opinion of your own one day Dave.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 01 Sep 2018, 18:45

Poor game, with poor passing, no pressure put onto the Doncaster players, and poor tackling by Posh. Lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw. Doncaster best side so far we have met.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 01 Sep 2018, 19:19

Brianposh wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 18:45
Poor game, with poor passing, no pressure put onto the Doncaster players, and poor tackling by Posh. Lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw. Doncaster best side so far we have met.
Mirrors the opinion of the Doncaster fans I spoke to after the game - one described us as a "typical Steve Evans team".

Personally I was disappointed we didn't put pressure on a visibly struggling visiting goalkeeper in injury time despite having dead ball opportunities, but we didn't.

At least we're still unbeaten, but I shan't get excited about being in the top three until February.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 Sep 2018, 19:29

DaveLister wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 19:19
Brianposh wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 18:45
Mirrors the opinion of the Doncaster fans I spoke to after the game - one described us as a "typical Steve Evans team".

Personally I was disappointed we didn't put pressure on a visibly struggling visiting goalkeeper in injury time despite having dead ball opportunities, but we didn't.

At least we're still unbeaten, but I shan't get excited about being in the top three until February.
Real insight.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 01 Sep 2018, 20:31

Can't disagree with anything McCann said really...They dominated and could and should have won easily.

What he failed to say was though...Had this been one of HIS Posh sides, we would have lost easily.

What we did...What his team's here didn't...was dig in and battle for a point we didn't deserve.

Tafazoli was decent...and Toney looked a handful. It's nice to see a Posh Striker put himself about and he'll fit well into our system.

A point gained, for sure.

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 Sep 2018, 21:30

I wasn't there today as I had a race to do.... But reading the comments on here.... Did we lose and are no longer top of L1? So many sad posters on here that are desperate to criticise Evans at every turn. What a turmoil you all must be in! Yes we are top but we played poorly... And didn't lose. That's what successful teams do in case you'd all forgotten given all the comedy managers Darragh has employed since Fergie

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 02 Sep 2018, 11:16

I would describe Doncaster as a "typical Grant McCann team"...

Pretty football...No end product...and they'll fall away as the season goes on.

They'll be nowhere near us in the table come May...

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 02 Sep 2018, 12:22

Chompy wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 18:32
DaveLister wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:32
trevormans wrote:

Pretty sure we started similarly when GM first took over, but he'll make the same mistakes again, have no fear. He'll lose his nerve, will start playing them in the wrong position and start hoofing it again.

Feel free to post an opinion of your own one day Dave.
Here's one. That lolmanager you call McCann is the only manager, at Posh or otherwise, to get the best consistently from Marcus Maddison. Unless you'd like to provide a list of managers for whom Maddison has provided that number of goals scored and assists contributed.

For that matter, Jack Marriott did next to nothing at Luton before McCann signed him, and thus far has done nothing for Derby. 34 goals last season, mostly for McCann, suggests McCann wasn't a total failure.

ortonposh

Post by ortonposh » 03 Sep 2018, 16:15

Forget about players 'not at it', and 'days off' being the cause of the loss. The fact it you can see the POSH coming straight at you with the same defensive 4-4-2 tactics. It was a tactical mistake to play Cummings & Godden who were in the Donny centre backs pocket the whole game. Only when Tony came on did we look like we had tactics that would produce a win, along with Tony, Ward should have been switched for Maddison much earlier.

Steve [E] is too committed to his starting 11, instead he should have sacrificed his first 11 with alternate players to get the win for us.

Nevertheless, I'm sure everyone will learn from this.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Sep 2018, 16:24

We haven't won a game in Autumn since McCann was our manager, just saying like.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Sep 2018, 16:51

ortonposh wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 16:15
Forget about players 'not at it', and 'days off' being the cause of the loss. The fact it you can see the POSH coming straight at you with the same defensive 4-4-2 tactics. It was a tactical mistake to play Cummings & Godden who were in the Donny centre backs pocket the whole game. Only when Tony came on did we look like we had tactics that would produce a win, along with Tony, Ward should have been switched for Maddison much earlier.

Steve [E] is too committed to his starting 11, instead he should have sacrificed his first 11 with alternate players to get the win for us.

Nevertheless, I'm sure everyone will learn from this.
Including yourself before you post nonsense like that.

Evans had every right to keep a winning team together...and play 2 Strikers that had scored 10 between them in 5 games.

Your aftertiming is as naive as you are...and it's Toney, not Tony :roll: