Plymouth v Poshies

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Narrowboat Dave

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 25 Aug 2018, 15:09

1-0 Posh - Cummings feeding Matt Godden to score.

Narrowboat Dave

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 25 Aug 2018, 15:12

Godden turns provider for Dembele! 2-0 Posh.

Wycliffe

Re: Plymouth v Poshies

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Aug 2018, 16:09

Chompy wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 16:08
We have ourselves a serious team here gentleman.

Evans OUT!
Welcome to the correct match :wink:

I will relax at 4-0

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Aug 2018, 16:13

Wycliffe wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 16:09
Chompy wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 16:08
We have ourselves a serious team here gentleman.

Evans OUT!
Welcome to the correct match :wink:

I will relax at 4-0
Now relaxed :D

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 25 Aug 2018, 16:53

Edwards scores for Plymouth, but Godden makes it five for Posh. Impossible to not be pleased with this start from Evans Posh team. Even Hants must be happy.

daib0

Post by daib0 » 25 Aug 2018, 16:56

7 points clear of 7th place already... this is looking pretty good!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 25 Aug 2018, 17:32

What a strike force we have!

Godden and Cummings already have TEN between them in five league games and could easily hit 50 for the season.

In midfield, Dembele and O'Hara have five between them in five games. That's five times more than our entire midfield managed last season!

Happy days for Poshies!

Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 » 25 Aug 2018, 18:08

What a perfect start ! And I looked the schedule, we will struggle against teams in our strings. Not so big team as Sunderland yet.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 26 Aug 2018, 00:04

17 hours out of the house for an amazing 90’ :clap:
Quality day. My MOM = all of them!
You don’t need to love Evans to see he’s doing a cracking job.
Bring on Donny. :comeon: :comeon:

ps even Brizzle’s presence didn’t jinx us :D
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Aug 2018, 21:06

I have not enjoyed a one sided match so much since Barnet under Fry, and a lot of that game was down to them being reduced to ten men.
I have been to Plymouth to watch us many times, and have seen many great results, but not as great as this one, we absolutely thrashed them, their supporters were so disappointed that many left at half time.
It was a lovely day, the beer and pasties were a pleasant distraction from the normal diet and gin.
Seeing the new team, who from highlights and the Charlton game I am beginning to recognise, I respect the opinion of those that think we can't replace Marriott and Maddison but personally I miss neither, if we had not been so profligate in front of goal the score could have been much closer to the Barnet score, long may it continue.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 26 Aug 2018, 21:38

:clap:
bristleposh wrote:
26 Aug 2018, 21:06
I have not enjoyed a one sided match so much since Barnet under Fry, and a lot of that game was down to them being reduced to ten men.
I have been to Plymouth to watch us many times, and have seen many great results, but not as great as this one, we absolutely thrashed them, their supporters were so disappointed that many left at half time.
It was a lovely day, the beer and pasties were a pleasant distraction from the normal diet and gin.
Seeing the new team, who from highlights and the Charlton game I am beginning to recognise, I respect the opinion of those that think we can't replace Marriott and Maddison but personally I miss neither, if we had not been so profligate in front of goal the score could have been much closer to the Barnet score, long may it continue.
:clap: :clap2: :comeon:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 27 Aug 2018, 00:42

bristleposh wrote:
Barnet went down to nine men if I recall :lol:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Aug 2018, 08:33

DaveLister wrote:
27 Aug 2018, 00:42
bristleposh wrote:
Barnet went down to nine men if I recall :lol:
You are correct but we were about six-one up when the second man was sent off. Seeing myself on TV doing a double high five with Grazioli after his fourth brings back wonderful memories.

@ 2.02 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3NL3YBWNQ

It actually looks more like a man hug
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761