Charlton v Poshies

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Charlton v Poshies

Post by Chompy » 18 Aug 2018, 20:33

Bookmakers still aren't believing in us yet thanks to our numbers during games, possession %, xG etc but if the World Cup taught us one thing...

5-4 Charlton, 5-2 Poshies, 5-2 Draw.

This was the fixture we were 2-0 up in last season going into injury time. Lack of fitness? Too much energy expended the Saturday before playing at full pelt for 90mins? We all know what happened next.

Eventually the non-believers will realise that second-half performances like the one v Luton, aka seeing out the game with the minimum of fuss, pays dividends in both the short- and long-term.

"But, but, but if Grant was manager we'd have kept going and ended up with five...We were shocking second half, Luton could have scored 12." Lolz

Think O'Hara might get a rest here, with Reed coming in. Otherwise, as you were barring injuries. A quiet Tuesday evening on the road might even see MM given some game time in the second half.

superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by superposh80 » 18 Aug 2018, 21:31

If we're 2-0 up again this time around we won't be throwing it away with naive substitutions and poor game management....

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16964
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by ashman » 19 Aug 2018, 02:04

Charlton Athletic v Peterborough United

REFEREE: JAMES LININGTON

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Dean Treleaven and Mark Jones

Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27629
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2018, 08:05

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15562
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by stuie » 21 Aug 2018, 08:28

this game tonight is live on ifollow. Match pass is £10

looks like many mid week ties will be streamed via ifollow

hoping and assuming those of us already subscribed to ifollow will not need to pay for a match pass
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Chompy » 21 Aug 2018, 09:12

bristleposh wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 08:05
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8606964

That'll ruin your bets Chompy
Not sure why you'd assume that.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Chompy » 21 Aug 2018, 09:28

The £10 is on top of the seasonal membership stuie. £10 a match seems more than fair to me. Great to be able to watch away games live.

The interview on ifollow with Taff is interesting. Most of these tend to be 'blah blah, focus on the next game' but some are worth a look.

This is a much happier Ryan Taffazolli this season and you can tell he's pleased with the players around him compared to last season. Twice now he's given Toney a positive mention, once in the interview and once on Twitter I think. Toney did tear him a new one last term thinking about it.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16964
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2018, 11:12

Chompy wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 09:28
The £10 is on top of the seasonal membership stuie. £10 a match seems more than fair to me. Great to be able to watch away games live.

The interview on ifollow with Taff is interesting. Most of these tend to be 'blah blah, focus on the next game' but some are worth a look.

This is a much happier Ryan Taffazolli this season and you can tell he's pleased with the players around him compared to last season. Twice now he's given Toney a positive mention, once in the interview and once on Twitter I think. Toney did tear him a new one last term thinking about it.
... he certainly did and for the few minutes he was on against Luton he looked to be a player who would do just that. For that I have put him down to score in the prediction league against Charlton tonight.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16964
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: iFollow

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2018, 11:19

If you live in the UK and have paid the UK fee of £45 you still have to pay £10 to watch away games but if you paid the £110 as an overseas subscriber then it is a season pass price.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z
Posts: 2284
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: iFollow

Post by john316z » 21 Aug 2018, 12:58

ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:19
If you live in the UK and have paid the UK fee of £45 you still have to pay £10 to watch away games but if you paid the £110 as an overseas subscriber then it is a season pass price.
Are all away games streamed via iFollow?

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16964
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: iFollow

Post by ashman » 21 Aug 2018, 13:24

john316z wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 12:58
ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:19
If you live in the UK and have paid the UK fee of £45 you still have to pay £10 to watch away games but if you paid the £110 as an overseas subscriber then it is a season pass price.
Are all away games streamed via iFollow?
No. Cup games, I'm fairly sure are not.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27629
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2018, 18:50

Unchanged it is then


Image
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15562
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: iFollow

Post by stuie » 21 Aug 2018, 19:26

ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:24
john316z wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 12:58
ashman wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 11:19
If you live in the UK and have paid the UK fee of £45 you still have to pay £10 to watch away games but if you paid the £110 as an overseas subscriber then it is a season pass price.
Are all away games streamed via iFollow?
No. Cup games, I'm fairly sure are not.
no not all games, still getting my head around it

no games streamed for a 3pm kick off, just midweek games this season
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Narrowboat Dave
Posts: 222
Joined: 01 Feb 2014, 14:31

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 21 Aug 2018, 21:43

Jason Cummings penalty in the 89th minute. That’s the way to do it!

Gazza8
Posts: 30
Joined: 18 Aug 2016, 10:48

Re: Charlton v Poshies

Post by Gazza8 » 21 Aug 2018, 21:45

Glad to see Maddison again in the group. Maybe there was a meeting between Evans and Maddison to know what he wants to do this season. It's a positive point to have his return in th squad. Team will need him.

Well, it's a 4th victory in a raw. Good start. Hope the team will carry on like this long time.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests