Posh v Luton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Narrowboat Dave

Re: Posh v Luton

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 18 Aug 2018, 16:56

3-1 full time. Job done. Having said that, Luton had more possession and shots.

fenborder

Post by fenborder » 18 Aug 2018, 17:37

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 16:56
3-1 full time. Job done. Having said that, Luton had more possession and shots.
Possesion is irrelavent, its what you do with the ball when youve got it what counts.
Last edited by fenborder on 19 Aug 2018, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Aug 2018, 18:13

I'm sure Aaron Chapman can throw the ball further than I could kick it

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Aug 2018, 18:14

Chompy wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 00:29
Ward was one of the players who didn't track his runner v QPR.

6-4 Poshies, 5-2 Draw, 2-1 Luton.

For sure Luton will be knocking on the door of the play-offs this season and we'll do well to get more than 40% possession against them. We'll need to be right on it.
Will 3-1 do you?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 18 Aug 2018, 18:31

3-1 fine by me thanks.

Will it do you? After all, you were one of the several on here laying into Stevie E during that meaningless run-in in the spring. Changed our mind yet have we?

We are so solid defensively. Conceded three in the league. One meaningless goal 3min into injury time with the game in the bag, one penalty that never was, and one consolation when just looking to see out the game, which was over after 45.

Taff, Woodyard, Dembele and Cummings are all Championship class already. Several others have that potential. Dembele might just turn out to be the best player ever to pass through here.

You'd figure Cummings and Godden will be good for maybe 40 league goals this season barring injury, and maybe 50 total with Toney in the mix. Sounds like Uncle Steve still wants another one in too.

Happy times. This doesn't feel like solely a good start either, which it did under GM last summer.

Comedy listening to the tweets on Cambs moaning about the second half performance. We're not the team who'd look to turn 3-0 HT leads into 5-3 wins any more. This lot know how to manage games. It was what it was always going to be.

Ward, O'Hara and Woodyard all do so much good work that goes largely unnoticed, especially Woodyard. Grant was fine last season but Woodyard is a big step up. He'd be closer to Kante than Grant on a sliding scale.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 18 Aug 2018, 18:38

Quietly pleased with performances, yes. A lot of the stick Evans got - and continues to - is because of the pointless digs at previous management. Never heard of any Posh manager doing that, not even Westley.

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 18 Aug 2018, 19:30

An impressive first half and Dembele looked the business. Second half we looked a different side, with no imagination at all. I thought the ref was poor, thank goodness for the lino over ruling that ridiculous penalty decision. He also let the game kick off with a flat ball,never seen that happen before.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 18 Aug 2018, 19:48

Steamy Nin wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 19:30
An impressive first half and Dembele looked the business. Second half we looked a different side, with no imagination at all. I thought the ref was poor, thank goodness for the lino over ruling that ridiculous penalty decision. He also let the game kick off with a flat ball,never seen that happen before.
Impressive though the first half it was 3 goals from breakaways that built up that half time cushion. Luton must have been scratching their heads to find themselves 3 down after having the lions share of possession and shots. Posh were poor in the second half, whether they took their foot off the gas or not I don't know but with better finishing Luton would have at least drawn level.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 18 Aug 2018, 20:03

Poshay wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 19:48
Steamy Nin wrote:
Impressive though the first half it was 3 goals from breakaways that built up that half time cushion. Luton must have been scratching their heads to find themselves 3 down after having the lions share of possession and shots. Posh were poor in the second half, whether they took their foot off the gas or not I don't know but with better finishing Luton would have at least drawn level.
Never mind, we are almost doing as well as we were at this stage last season when we had 3 wins and 10 goals (9 goals this year).

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 18 Aug 2018, 21:27

Steamy Nin wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 20:03
Poshay wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 19:48
Steamy Nin wrote:
Never mind, we are almost doing as well as we were at this stage last season when we had 3 wins and 10 goals (9 goals this year).
Yeah ....

This will never do.

:roll:

daib0

Post by daib0 » 19 Aug 2018, 10:10

Bravo!!
Top o' table
:clap2: :clap2:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 19 Aug 2018, 21:08

daib0 wrote:
19 Aug 2018, 10:10
Bravo!!
Top o' table
:clap2: :clap2:
Just got to stay there now :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH