QPR v Poshies

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

QPR v Poshies

Post by Chompy » 11 Aug 2018, 23:59

Evens QPR, 11-4 Draw, 11-4 Poshies.

We've always tended to go with our first-choice XI in this fixture in the past and I'm not sure it's the best idea. I'd like to see Evans make some changes, see if it helps keep the impetus in the league going longer than was the case last season. Give Dembele, O'Hara and Godden an early rest.

If we go with the same team again, though, and QPR make changes (most Championship teams do) we should be favourites.

Remember, though, this squad will take time to gel...lol

Chapman; Denton Yerworth Taff Naismith; Woody Reed Cooper Cooke; Toney Cummings

poshwomble

Re: QPR v Poshies

Post by poshwomble » 12 Aug 2018, 02:52

QPR in all sorts of trouble right now, on and off the field. That huge FFP bill weighing over the club (despite them allegedly paying it off/ about to pay it off)
Back to back losses in the Championship and Washington still no closer to fitting in there (what a sorry state of affairs that is!)
You kinda get the feeling they’re just waiting to be turned over by Evans and the boys just to really compound their early season slump.
Definitely back a Posh win, not sure if Evans is much of a rotation man but would be good to see O’Malley getting some game time.

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Aug 2018, 07:48

Chompy wrote:
11 Aug 2018, 23:59
Evens QPR, 11-4 Draw, 11-4 Poshies.

We've always tended to go with our first-choice XI in this fixture in the past and I'm not sure it's the best idea. I'd like to see Evans make some changes, see if it helps keep the impetus in the league going longer than was the case last season. Give Dembele, O'Hara and Godden an early rest.

If we go with the same team again, though, and QPR make changes (most Championship teams do) we should be favourites.

Remember, though, this squad will take time to gel...lol

Chapman; Denton Yerworth Taff Naismith; Woody Reed Cooper Cooke; Toney Cummings
I reckon that you are probably right about what Evans will do. Dembele, who is almost bound to be our next cash-cow, will surely be in the team in order to show off his skills to any scouts out watching?
The Carabao Cup is the quickest way in which to draw a top Premier team, win this and Hull City and Middlesbrough enter the fray in the second round.
In round three Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, who all received byes to the third round owing to their participation in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, take part.
McAnthony will be keen to get to the third round and a windfall.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 12 Aug 2018, 09:18

Think you're being a bit harsh there Ashman!

We don't stand in the way of players and offer them the chance to showcase their skills in order to get a move higher, but we don't buy them to start trying to sell them after two games! We'll get at least a season out of Dembele, probably more if we go up.

I have no idea whether Uncle Stevie is a rotation man or not. We know DMac likes his strongest team out in every game though.

Season in season out, Championship teams show zero interest in this competition, especially those likely to be in the battle at either the top or bottom end. QPR are around 3-1 for relegation, so fall into the latter category. And every season Sky Sports treat Championship teams losing early in this cup as 'upsets'.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 12 Aug 2018, 09:58

Done a bit of research on a quiet Sunday morning. McClaren played strong teams in the second round (first round they were involved) when at Newcastle and Derby.

They've got a big game coming up at the weekend, though, away at West Brom and QPR and in somewhat of a different position to that pair. I'd expect him to do a lot of resting.

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Aug 2018, 10:57

Chompy wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 09:18
Think you're being a bit harsh there Ashman!
... saying that Dembele should and will be played is hardly 'harsh!'
As you say 'We don't stand in the way of players and offer them the chance to showcase their skills,' which he needs to do if we are to progress in the competition and for the football world to wake up to his skills. Sitting out the game benefits neither him nor the club.

ashman

Post by ashman » 12 Aug 2018, 11:03

Queens Park Rangers v Peterborough United

REFEREE: GAVIN WARD

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Matt Foley and Nigel Lugg

Fourth Official : Neil Davies

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 12 Aug 2018, 11:53

Same team for me... Keep the momentum going.

2 wins in 2...They deserve to keep their places.

Make the rest wait for..and earn...their chance.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 Aug 2018, 15:33

they probably need to find the means of keeping o'malley motivated/interested

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 13 Aug 2018, 17:33

They'll all get plenty of chances. Got the EFL guff and a bunch of reserve games at the ABAX to come haven't we?

Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 » 13 Aug 2018, 20:59

I think the starting line-up may be the same maybe with one or two change(s). O'Malley on goalkeeper and maybe Reed or Toney make their debuts.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Aug 2018, 11:56

Some changes for this year's competition.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... -1-8600198

OBM

Post by OBM » 14 Aug 2018, 12:49

I can't get excited about these cup games, just hope no one gets injured and we are in good shape for Luton on Saturday.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Aug 2018, 12:53

OBM wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 12:49
I can't get excited about these cup games, just hope no one gets injured and we are in good shape for Luton on Saturday.
Me neither, but if we get past QPR we 'could' just be in with a chance of drawing a Premier or Championship team in round 2. Welcome by the way!

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Aug 2018, 12:53

OBM wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 12:49
Big game on Saturday against a very good side.

This is almost a side show...but it would be nice to get a win to keep the momentum going.