Re: Poshies v Bristol Rovers

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Aug 2018, 18:00

White G wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 17:50
bristleposh wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 14:32
dunc wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 14:27
Surely, unlike most European Leagues, (including up in Scotland), the English Leagues, whichever division you are in, are the toughest leagues in world football, where almost every team is guaranteed a tough match every week, sometimes twice a week, for almost 10 months in a season, non-stop! To me that makes it a tough season every season and thats why we all like it so much.
Is the correct answer.
Well put Dunc, emphasising my point in more detail. Why didn't Bristle jump down your throat though? It seems his aggression is selective.
I took your initial post as extremely negative I must admit.
If "a long hard season " meant you were confident we'd succeed I am even thicker than many thought!

john316z

Post by john316z » 03 Aug 2018, 18:19

HantsPosh wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 12:55
john316z wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 10:04
DaveLister wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 09:33

Hello, whiteys back. Did we lose already?
Pants Tosh has been flying the gloom flag all summer
well to be fair someone had to take over the baton from you & Chompy last season so only fair we all have a go at it
Thank goodness for that! It was exhausting keeping it going under last year's under achievement. I must say you've taken to it so effortlessly

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Aug 2018, 18:39

White G wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 17:50
bristleposh wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 14:32
dunc wrote:
Surely, unlike most European Leagues, (including up in Scotland), the English Leagues, whichever division you are in, are the toughest leagues in world football, where almost every team is guaranteed a tough match every week, sometimes twice a week, for almost 10 months in a season, non-stop! To me that makes it a tough season every season and thats why we all like it so much.
Is the correct answer.
Well put Dunc, emphasising my point in more detail. Why didn't Bristle jump down your throat though? It seems his aggression is selective.
Perhaps because the way i read the two posts, yours sounded negative, Dunc's sounded balanced.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 03 Aug 2018, 21:11

Saying we must expext inconsistency is like putting in the ready excuses before we even kick a ball. I can't believe after bringing in a completely new squad, all of his choosing he is being so pessimistic. Maybe that's why I will never take to the man, I find him quote obnoxious and it worsens every time he speaks.
All that gets put behind me come 3.00 tomorrow though, and just hope he and the team have a great season, hang on to your hats...it's nearly here!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Aug 2018, 21:29

bettingbill wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:11
Saying we must expext inconsistency is like putting in the ready excuses before we even kick a ball. I can't believe after bringing in a completely new squad, all of his choosing he is being so pessimistic. Maybe that's why I will never take to the man, I find him quote obnoxious and it worsens every time he speaks.
All that gets put behind me come 3.00 tomorrow though, and just hope he and the team have a great season, hang on to your hats...it's nearly here!
:D Or is being honest?

It really doesn't matter what he says to some people and i would guess you are indeed one of them.

He may well be obnoxious i don't know, i have not spoken to him enough to make a judgement but seemingly you have which is fine.

He has surprised me with how articulate he is, thus far he has not said anything too outrageous nor disrespectful to the fans. His digs at Grant demean him but that's about it, not obnoxious in the true meaning of the word.

I don't see anything he has said as pessimistic more realistic.

And I am not one of his admirers..........yet

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 03 Aug 2018, 23:27

dunc wrote:
What do you base that on Dunc? Bit of a sweeping statement unless you watch every European League on a regular basis, which you might do to be fair.

The 3 teams relegated from the Championship in 16/17 got promoted last season, so they didn’t find it that tough.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 03 Aug 2018, 23:35

Wycliffe wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:29
bettingbill wrote:

It really doesn't matter what he says to some people and i would guess you are indeed one of them.

He may well be obnoxious i don't know, i have not spoken to him enough to make a judgement but seemingly you have which is fine.

He has surprised me with how articulate he is, thus far he has not said anything too outrageous nor disrespectful to the fans. His digs at Grant demean him but that's about it, not obnoxious in the true meaning of the word.

To be fair Wycliffe, yes it might be being honest but if so why has he spent the majority of the summer digging at the previous manager (still bitter that he didn’t get the job instead of McCann in 2016??) and telling us how wonderful all his new players are compared to those he let go.

dunc

Post by dunc » 03 Aug 2018, 23:59

The standout reason for things becoming even tougher for 21 League One teams over recent years is the parachute payments being made to the three relegated teams by the Championship! An unfair event which obviously has an overwhelming bearing on the FFP rules currently in operation.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 04 Aug 2018, 09:19

HantsPosh wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:35
Wycliffe wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:29
bettingbill wrote:

To be fair Wycliffe, yes it might be being honest but if so why has he spent the majority of the summer digging at the previous manager (still bitter that he didn’t get the job instead of McCann in 2016??) and telling us how wonderful all his new players are compared to those he let go.
Somehow you have managed to avoid my making of exactly that point! :shock: :D

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Aug 2018, 14:04

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 04 Aug 2018, 15:14

1-0 up after a minute!! Matt Godden.

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 04 Aug 2018, 15:30

2-0 - Matt O’Hara (26 mins)

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 04 Aug 2018, 15:51

2-0 at half time. Seem to gelling nicely, Chompy will be happy.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 04 Aug 2018, 16:51

posh into the playoffs

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 04 Aug 2018, 16:56

Rovers with a late goal, but it’s

2-0

3 points

Job Done.