Portugal away

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15532
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Portugal away

Post by stuie » 18 Jul 2018, 21:46

bristleposh wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 13:24
Image

Cheer up Ashman, I know you don’t like flying, but a smile in the sun is allowed.
:clap2:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27560
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Portugal away

Post by bristleposh » 19 Jul 2018, 08:47

http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9234
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Portugal away

Post by Brianposh » 21 Jul 2018, 12:18

Dave, hope you had a great trip with the lads to Portugal and that you enjoyed it and thought it worthwhile. I would have come with you if it had been 4-5 years back. We booked a few days away to Scotland this year as originally they said that is where they were going, but the plans got changed.

Anything to report to whet our appetites?? :comeon:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27560
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Portugal away

Post by bristleposh » 21 Jul 2018, 14:30

POSH XI v LOULETANO | O’Malley, Ward, Baldwin, Yorwerth, Freestone, Trialist (Rodgers), O’Hara, Buckley-Ricketts, Denton, Godden, Marriott. #LOUvPET #pufc

GOAL | Jack Marriott opens the scoring for Posh, low free-kick finds the bottom corner of the net. Posh lead on 17 minutes. #LOUvPET

GOAL | The lead lasts less than a minute as the home side take advantage, a long ball finds the striker who lobs O'Malley with the ball finding the net via the inside of the post. 1-1 #LOUvPET

GOAL | Posh re-take the lead, low cross from Ward causes panic, defender slices his clearance and Godden is there to side-foot home at the back post. 2-1 Posh. #LOUvPET

GOAL | It is 3-1 to Posh as Marriott tucks home his second goal of the game, sending the keeper the wrong way from the spot. #LOUvPET

HT | @louletanodc 1-3 @theposhofficial - a brace from @jackmarriott94 and a close-range effort from @MattyGodden24 gives Posh a two-goal cushion at the break. #LOUvPET

GOAL | The hosts have pulled another goal back. Huge long throw into the box is midjudged and headed into the back of the net from 10-yards. #LOUvPET

Hour mark and Posh have made wholesale changes. The team is now: Chapman, Naismith, Bennett, Tafazolli, Daniel, Dembele, Reed, Woodyard, Cooper, Cummings, Stevens. #LOUvPET

GOAL | #pufc make it 4-2, Reed presses high and intercepts a clearance and coolly slots the ball past the keeper to restore the two-goal cushion. #LOUvPET

GOAL | Cooper makes it 5-2, Cummings with the unselfish play, good run and pick out and the former Crewe man fires home with his left-foot. #LOUvPET

FT | @louletanodc 2-5 @theposhofficial - @jackmarriott94 (2), @MattyGodden24 @louissreed and @georgecoopsx on target. #LOUvPET
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16906
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Portugal away

Post by ashman » 22 Jul 2018, 02:30

Brianposh wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 12:18
Dave, hope you had a great trip with the lads to Portugal and that you enjoyed it and thought it worthwhile. I would have come with you if it had been 4-5 years back. We booked a few days away to Scotland this year as originally they said that is where they were going, but the plans got changed.

Anything to report to whet our appetites?? :comeon:
This, just to whet a few appetites!

Remember that this is only 45 mins. in 30+ degrees heat in pre-season and very little should be read into it - but here goes anyway!


Connor O'Malley and AaronChapman. Both played well and the gaffer has a tough job separating the two but I know who will be starting the first league match, Chapman for sure! Ryan Tafazolli and Josh Yorwerth - both did an admirable job and the latter looks a real animal! Jack Baldwin seems to be a new man - he was played at right back and has now realised that passing the ball forward to a blue shirt, along the ground, is much more beneficial to the team. Jason Naismith has an eye for goal and is not afraid to advance out of defensive positions. Replaced by Joe Ward at half time. Rhys Bennett is a colossus and very few forwards will get the better of him in the air. Maritimo realised this early on and just stood off him! Tyler Denton (season long loan signing) performed well and Lewis Freestone stood out (not because of his blond/white hair and lily-white complexion) but for his surging runs forward and crosses from the left back position. Louis Reed is going to be a real favourite with the fans, I believe, and his tenacious attitude and fine passing ability is to be admired. Alex Woodyard in the middle was another stand out player and was spotted by a couple of locals as someone who took control of the game, a bit like Forester Mark 1. Brendan Rodger's son Anton was Woodyard's replacement after the break and looked as though he may just, with a little luck, earn himself a contract. Mark O'Hara is another good addition to the midfield, showing guts and determination. George Cooper is beginning to show what we signed him for and already has a few goals to his name in the pre-season friendlies. Siriki Dembele is getting better and showing another side of his character, not only does he have all the tricks and goal scoring attributes but defensively also put in a good defensive stint. He is very, very quick and can turn on a sixpence! Isaac Buckley-Ricketts reminded me of Leo with an abundance of skill but failed to really make an impact. He only signed a couple of days ago and needs time with his new teammates to show his qualities in order for them to have confidence in him and pass the ball to him. Matt Stevens has been a revelation so far and is quick, tough and very hard working with an eye for goal. Matt Godden looked to have involved himself in the proceedings a bit more than previous games and already looked fitter and more enthusiastic about his game. Jason Cummins (season long loan) played the full 90 mins and looks to be a terrier type player.

No mention of Adam King (loan till Mid January) may have been injured??
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 1508
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Portugal away

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2018, 08:04

I am getting a hard on

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16906
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Portugal away

Post by ashman » 22 Jul 2018, 09:00

Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 08:04
I am getting a hard on
:lol: Will it help you to remember the names of the players as well?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Portugal away

Post by superposh80 » 22 Jul 2018, 09:22

ashman wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 02:30
Brianposh wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 12:18
Dave, hope you had a great trip with the lads to Portugal and that you enjoyed it and thought it worthwhile. I would have come with you if it had been 4-5 years back. We booked a few days away to Scotland this year as originally they said that is where they were going, but the plans got changed.

Anything to report to whet our appetites?? :comeon:
This, just to whet a few appetites!

Remember that this is only 45 mins. in 30+ degrees heat in pre-season and very little should be read into it - but here goes anyway!


Connor O'Malley and AaronChapman. Both played well and the gaffer has a tough job separating the two but I know who will be starting the first league match, Chapman for sure! Ryan Tafazolli and Josh Yorwerth - both did an admirable job and the latter looks a real animal! Jack Baldwin seems to be a new man - he was played at right back and has now realised that passing the ball forward to a blue shirt, along the ground, is much more beneficial to the team. Jason Naismith has an eye for goal and is not afraid to advance out of defensive positions. Replaced by Joe Ward at half time. Rhys Bennett is a colossus and very few forwards will get the better of him in the air. Maritimo realised this early on and just stood off him! Tyler Denton (season long loan signing) performed well and Lewis Freestone stood out (not because of his blond/white hair and lily-white complexion) but for his surging runs forward and crosses from the left back position. Louis Reed is going to be a real favourite with the fans, I believe, and his tenacious attitude and fine passing ability is to be admired. Alex Woodyard in the middle was another stand out player and was spotted by a couple of locals as someone who took control of the game, a bit like Forester Mark 1. Brendan Rodger's son Anton was Woodyard's replacement after the break and looked as though he may just, with a little luck, earn himself a contract. Mark O'Hara is another good addition to the midfield, showing guts and determination. George Cooper is beginning to show what we signed him for and already has a few goals to his name in the pre-season friendlies. Siriki Dembele is getting better and showing another side of his character, not only does he have all the tricks and goal scoring attributes but defensively also put in a good defensive stint. He is very, very quick and can turn on a sixpence! Isaac Buckley-Ricketts reminded me of Leo with an abundance of skill but failed to really make an impact. He only signed a couple of days ago and needs time with his new teammates to show his qualities in order for them to have confidence in him and pass the ball to him. Matt Stevens has been a revelation so far and is quick, tough and very hard working with an eye for goal. Matt Godden looked to have involved himself in the proceedings a bit more than previous games and already looked fitter and more enthusiastic about his game. Jason Cummins (season long loan) played the full 90 mins and looks to be a terrier type player.

No mention of Adam King (loan till Mid January) may have been injured??
Adam King is injured and didn't travel....Same with Anderson.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Portugal away

Post by Chompy » 22 Jul 2018, 09:33

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Conor doesn't start v Bristol Rovers.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1508
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Portugal away

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2018, 10:41

Chompy wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 09:33
I'd be surprised and disappointed if Conor doesn't start v Bristol Rovers.
Why so?

I haven't seen them perform in pre season games or training so can't make a judgement.

Fair play if you have viewed either the above and can judge and I am not being sarky.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5516
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Portugal away

Post by Chompy » 22 Jul 2018, 10:55

Conor was brought along steadily last season and eventually took the jersey from Bond. Deservedly so, he's very calm and has a future. He's since been called up by his country and his career is on the up.

Imo it would send out the wrong message to start instead with a keeper who's only just entered the building.

OK, he kept a lot of clean sheets in L2 last season, but was 'probably the third or fourth best in that league' according to a football odds compiler mate of mine. Who watches even more footy than me.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1508
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Portugal away

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2018, 11:13

Chompy wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 10:55
Conor was brought along steadily last season and eventually took the jersey from Bond. Deservedly so, he's very calm and has a future. He's since been called up by his country and his career is on the up.

Imo it would send out the wrong message to start instead with a keeper who's only just entered the building.

OK, he kept a lot of clean sheets in L2 last season, but was 'probably the third or fourth best in that league' according to a football odds compiler mate of mine. Who watches even more footy than me.
All fair points.

However, one could also say that Chapman is more experienced, controls his box well (so I am told) has a more intimidating presence (so I am told) and has had a very good pre season by all accounts.
Conor looks a very good prospect although his kicking is (hopefully that should be was) woeful, needs a good meal but was certainly a very good shot stopper.

It'll be a tricky decision for Mr Evans.

superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Portugal away

Post by superposh80 » 22 Jul 2018, 13:22

I reckon Chapman is his number one...and will start against Bristol Rovers.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1508
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Portugal away

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2018, 13:45

superposh80 wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 13:22
I reckon Chapman is his number one...and will start against Bristol Rovers.
So do I and reckon he only wants 'his' players (Taff excluded)

superposh80
Posts: 5734
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Portugal away

Post by superposh80 » 22 Jul 2018, 14:44

Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 13:45
superposh80 wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 13:22
I reckon Chapman is his number one...and will start against Bristol Rovers.
So do I and reckon he only wants 'his' players (Taff excluded)
...And Cooper.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests