Happy Birthday POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
Wycliffe
Posts: 1435
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Happy Birthday POSH

Post by Wycliffe » 14 May 2018, 20:27

Well done PST :clap:


We couldn't let today go by without wishing a happy birthday to the Posh who are 84 years old today!
On this day (14th May 1934) Peterborough United were formed at The Angel Hotel (pictured below) on Bridge Street on the site where WH Smith now stands.
Ten men formed a committee to create a new football club to replace Peterborough & Fletton United FC, who had folded two year's previously.
Four possible names were put forward for the name of the new club, Peterborough United was chosen over Peterborough Athletic, Peterborough & District and simply, Peterborough.
The rest is history.

Steamy Nin
Posts: 70
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by Steamy Nin » 14 May 2018, 21:50

I wish you hadn't given us this info cos I'm now sad that we weren't called Peterborough and District :)

UTP.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16733
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by ashman » 15 May 2018, 01:27

HB PUFC!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27363
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by bristleposh » 15 May 2018, 07:01

ashman wrote:
15 May 2018, 01:27
HB PUFC!
:stupid:
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe
Posts: 1435
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by Wycliffe » 15 May 2018, 07:25

Steamy Nin wrote:
14 May 2018, 21:50
I wish you hadn't given us this info cos I'm now sad that we weren't called Peterborough and District :)

UTP.
:lol:

Narrow escape there

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27363
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by bristleposh » 15 May 2018, 07:38

Wycliffe wrote:
15 May 2018, 07:25
Steamy Nin wrote:
14 May 2018, 21:50
I wish you hadn't given us this info cos I'm now sad that we weren't called Peterborough and District :)

UTP.
:lol:

Narrow escape there
As a boy I had often wished we had something unique in our name other than United something like Soke
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe
Posts: 1435
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by Wycliffe » 15 May 2018, 19:33

A co author of the official history book says the anniversary is tomorrow :roll:

I am often premature, ask my missus :oops:

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15896
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by poshnipper » 16 May 2018, 06:28

Happy Birthday to the MIGHTY POSH.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16733
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by ashman » 16 May 2018, 06:34

Wycliffe wrote:
15 May 2018, 19:33
A co author of the official history book says the anniversary is tomorrow :roll:

I am often premature, ask my missus :oops:
HB to your missus then - today!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9178
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by Brianposh » 16 May 2018, 07:16

ashman wrote:
16 May 2018, 06:34
Wycliffe wrote:
15 May 2018, 19:33
A co author of the official history book says the anniversary is tomorrow :roll:

I am often premature, ask my missus :oops:
HB to your missus then - today!
Thanks Ashman...…………..it IS my wife's Birthday today, she reckons her 21st. :clap:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16733
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by ashman » 16 May 2018, 08:35

Brianposh wrote:
16 May 2018, 07:16
ashman wrote:
16 May 2018, 06:34
Wycliffe wrote:
15 May 2018, 19:33
A co author of the official history book says the anniversary is tomorrow :roll:

I am often premature, ask my missus :oops:
HB to your missus then - today!
Thanks Ashman...…………..it IS my wife's Birthday today, she reckons her 21st. :clap:
So by her reckoning you must be her GILF? :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15985
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by DaveLister » 16 May 2018, 12:46

Ashman, I wonder if Brian knows what a GILF is :lol:
Image

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27363
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Happy Birthday POSH

Post by bristleposh » 16 May 2018, 13:37

DaveLister wrote:
16 May 2018, 12:46
Ashman, I wonder if Brian knows what a GILF is :lol:
I thought that too
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chompy and 7 guests