Anthony Grant

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Anthony Grant

Post by ashman » 07 May 2018, 07:10

Good luck wherever you may end up. You have been a very good servant of our club. Before you go, please teach a couple of players how to extract free kicks whenever you are backed up to an opponent and how to play the simple ball in often crowded situations. :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Re: Anthony Grant

Post by bristleposh » 07 May 2018, 07:58

ashman wrote:
07 May 2018, 07:10
Good luck wherever you may end up. You have been a very good servant of our club. Before you go, please teach a couple of players how to extract free kicks whenever you are backed up to an opponent and how to play the simple ball in often crowded situations. :clap2:
:stupid:

I can only imagine his inclusion on the list was a) a massive mistake b) a clash of personalities or c) financial restraints
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 07 May 2018, 09:02

Letting Britt leave was a mistake. Boyd, Tomlin, Washington. So it goes on.

Footballers come and go. It's just how it is. You can only trust those making the decisions. Literally naff all any fan can do about it.

Grant was excellent this season but doesn't fit the SE system and there's many better options out there.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 May 2018, 20:27

Chompy wrote:
07 May 2018, 09:02
n.

You can only trust those making the decisions. Literally naff all any fan can do about it.

Grant was excellent this season but doesn't fit the SE system and there's many better options out there.
Taylor is going because. he wants a two year contact (says SE). I believe that SE cannot handle him, , the snide comments SE made after the blackburn game were unbecoming of a good manager . It was third form stuff.

when I have seen how many times you personally on this website have not shown "trust in those making the decisions" over the last two or three years, yet now suddenly, you have taken the opposite view as if SE can make no mistakes, then I seriously see a very one eyed approach.

King Harold at the battle of Hastings was found wanting with such a handicap and with such a mindset. an away win ensued,

I genuinely look forward to posh signing a "better option", but having seen SE seek to lay off blame in all directions , (the ref, McCann, Taylor,fitness, all the players,bad luc ketc etc in the 12 (?) matches so far, I am not confident. Brexiteers have a similar level of misplaced confidence in the twerp Davis

This website has suggested Grant is not quick enough. Maybe not, but he can read a game like nobody in the past 5 years and more

At Ewood, Grant played every man off the park, Dack did not get a look in, and then SE changed the tactics and we fell apart.

I hope for the best, but fully expect every excuse being handed out in every direction when and if the best does not turn up

floreat Posh

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 07 May 2018, 20:47

I have no interest in anything the Evans haters have to say.

He hasn't been in the door five minutes and hasn't had a single transfer window yet, ergo the haters' views can be struck off the record.

Must be desperate going through life hating anything for no good reason.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 07 May 2018, 21:45

Grant doesn't fit into the way Evans wants to play.

He's over 30..In the last year of his contract and best for both parties that he moves on

There's not even an argument here.

john316z

Post by john316z » 07 May 2018, 21:47

bristleposh wrote:
07 May 2018, 07:58
ashman wrote:
07 May 2018, 07:10
:stupid:

I can only imagine his inclusion on the list was a) a massive mistake b) a clash of personalities or c) financial restraints
c or d) doesn't fit into the formation for next season

john316z

Post by john316z » 07 May 2018, 21:48

trevormans wrote:
07 May 2018, 20:27
Chompy wrote:
07 May 2018, 09:02
n.

You can only trust those making the decisions. Literally naff all any fan can do about it.

Taylor is going because. he wants a two year contact (says SE). I believe that SE cannot handle him, , the snide comments SE made after the blackburn game were unbecoming of a good manager . It was third form stuff.

when I have seen how many times you personally on this website have not shown "trust in those making the decisions" over the last two or three years, yet now suddenly, you have taken the opposite view as if SE can make no mistakes, then I seriously see a very one eyed approach.

King Harold at the battle of Hastings was found wanting with such a handicap and with such a mindset. an away win ensued,

I genuinely look forward to posh signing a "better option", but having seen SE seek to lay off blame in all directions , (the ref, McCann, Taylor,fitness, all the players,bad luc ketc etc in the 12 (?) matches so far, I am not confident. Brexiteers have a similar level of misplaced confidence in the twerp Davis

This website has suggested Grant is not quick enough. Maybe not, but he can read a game like nobody in the past 5 years and more

At Ewood, Grant played every man off the park, Dack did not get a look in, and then SE changed the tactics and we fell apart.

I hope for the best, but fully expect every excuse being handed out in every direction when and if the best does not turn up

floreat Posh
Another hater out of the woodwork

john316z

Post by john316z » 07 May 2018, 21:50

superposh80 wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:45

He's over 30..In the last year of his contract and best for both parties that he moves on

No... You got it wrong there it is all down to Evans unable to handle him... :shock: Why look for the real reason when the agenda of the "fans" is loud and clear

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 May 2018, 08:07

john316z wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:50
superposh80 wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:45

No... You got it wrong there it is all down to Evans unable to handle him... :shock: Why look for the real reason when the agenda of the "fans" is loud and clear
See my response in the other thread, over 30 and in the last year of his contract is a far better argument that the managers reason for trying to get him out the door. I’m more than prepared to support the manager when he tells the truth, but his 4-4-2 argument is laughable.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761