Retained list

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 10 May 2018, 10:54

What amazes me with the anti-Evans stance - I don't care about it anymore just glad he's here - is the fact that many on here seem ant-Evans but seem very reluctant to criticise Darragh. Evans seems to be a failure already but there doesn't appear to be much anti-Darragh rhetoric here. I wonder though if it might be better to give Evans a season to sort the mess out that McCann, Fry and Darragh created before passing judgement. I suspect Darragh is doing that and maybe everyone else should do the same.... just saying

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 10 May 2018, 12:10

john316z wrote:
10 May 2018, 10:54
What amazes me with the anti-Evans stance - I don't care about it anymore just glad he's here - is the fact that many on here seem ant-Evans but seem very reluctant to criticise Darragh. Evans seems to be a failure already but there doesn't appear to be much anti-Darragh rhetoric here. I wonder though if it might be better to give Evans a season to sort the mess out that McCann, Fry and Darragh created before passing judgement. I suspect Darragh is doing that and maybe everyone else should do the same.... just saying
I do not believe that there is nearly as much "anti-evans-ness" as is being portrayed

I am certainly no evans hater. However I am very very pro posh and I want Posh to succeed whoever is the manager

we all want posh to succeed
BUT
we have yet to see Evans make a mark. he is work in progress, and though he has had a track record elsewhere, he is to date nothing more

in his dozen games we did not achieve much
his explanations,tactics and excuses were even less impressive

his retained list etc has been an interesting statement,
as too as his transfer listings

my figures are open to correction but:-

his eleven(??) retained, include, I believe, 9 signed by mccann. not exactly clearing out the Augean stables

of the five (??) signed by mcann who are transfer listed, miller clearly needs to go, penny did not impress me, but taylor and grant were clearly good signings who for whatever reasons do not fit evans' paradigm. Doughty is at worst unproven. there may have been a couple of fringe players that mccann maybe also signed (penfold?borg? junior?) who will not be substantially missed. you sometimes need to kiss a few frogs before you find the prince

but to suggest that mccanns signings were no good (a " mess") is surely overstating things.

that he did not get the players well motivated or the tactics right may well be true, and perhaps for that reason he had to go, but SE now needs to demonstrate that he can assemble a squad and get them motivated. we have to hope it will happen.he has done it before in south yorkshire
we should have a clearer idea by Christmas

vilifying mccanns signings en masses does not serve any constructive purpose. it makes those who comment thus seem too one-eyed

floreat Posh

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 10 May 2018, 13:22

Chompy wrote:
09 May 2018, 20:13
I wonder if any club in the country has a larger percentage of negative fans than us. So utterly pathetic.

Three clubs from our area were in L1 at the start of this season.

Two got relegated. One has the league's top scorer, who's about to be sold to fund a squad overhaul ready for a genuine promotion push next season.

And what do they all do? Ridiculous.
Chompy you weren’t exactly Mr Glass Half Full when McCann was in charge, quite the opposite in fact. According to your many posts recently all the players are crap and the only bright spot is Evans. Hardly the musings of a positive person.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 10 May 2018, 13:45

Maddison transfer listed.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 May 2018, 15:27

trevormans wrote:
10 May 2018, 12:10
john316z wrote:
10 May 2018, 10:54
I do not believe that there is nearly as much "anti-evans-ness" as is being portrayed

I am certainly no evans hater. However I am very very pro posh and I want Posh to succeed whoever is the manager

BUT
we have yet to see Evans make a mark. he is work in progress, and though he has had a track record elsewhere, he is to date nothing more

his eleven(??) retained, include, I believe, 9 signed by mccann. not exactly clearing out the Augean stables

of the five (??) signed by mcann who are transfer listed, miller clearly needs to go, penny did not impress me, but taylor and grant were clearly good signings who for whatever reasons do not fit evans' paradigm. Doughty is at worst unproven. there may have been a couple of fringe players that mccann maybe also signed (penfold?borg? junior?) who will not be substantially missed. you sometimes need to kiss a few frogs before you find the prince

but to suggest that mccanns signings were no good (a " mess") is surely overstating things.

that he did not get the players well motivated or the tactics right may well be true, and perhaps for that reason he had to go, but SE now needs to demonstrate that he can assemble a squad and get them motivated. we have to hope it will happen.he has done it before in south yorkshire

vilifying mccanns signings en masses does not serve any constructive purpose. it makes those who comment thus seem too one-eyed

floreat Posh
I was less vilifying McCann at commenting how people seem on Evans back but leaving Darragh as untouchable. As with all managers he signed some good ones and some dud ones but it was his squad of players that Evans failed with as some seem to think

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 10 May 2018, 16:06

Poshay wrote:
10 May 2018, 13:45
That has put my forecast next Season for Posh down 10 places for sure. :x
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Ceenitall

Post by Ceenitall » 10 May 2018, 17:21

Poshay wrote:
Which perhaps means Evans has a strong bucket list that requires extra finance.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 May 2018, 17:37

Brianposh wrote:
10 May 2018, 16:06
Poshay wrote:
He was marmite Brian, fantastic statistics but I don't think we'll miss him as much as those that like marmite believe. Somebody else will take corners, somebody else will take free kicks, of the 300 assists he is accredited with over the last four seasons the majority have been from those two sources, we have also conceded quite a lot of goals while he has been rolling about the floor feigning injury. He will be missed but he was only one of eleven who have frankly underachieved for all of the four seasons he has been with us.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 May 2018, 17:41

HantsPosh wrote:
10 May 2018, 13:22
Chompy wrote:
I wonder if any club in the country has a larger percentage of negative fans than us. So utterly pathetic.

Two got relegated. One has the league's top scorer, who's about to be sold to fund a squad overhaul ready for a genuine promotion push next season.

Chompy you weren’t exactly Mr Glass Half Full when McCann was in charge, quite the opposite in fact. According to your many posts recently all the players are crap and the only bright spot is Evans. Hardly the musings of a positive person.
Stay positive...

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 May 2018, 18:05

trevormans wrote:
10 May 2018, 12:10

BUT

floreat Posh
Very good, level headed, post trevor.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 10 May 2018, 18:22

Chompy wrote:

my wife's national poet Robert Burns got it just right when he said

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

not inappropriate

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 May 2018, 18:29

trevormans wrote:
10 May 2018, 18:22
Chompy wrote:

my wife's national poet Robert Burns got it just right when he said

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

not inappropriate
Meaning 'Oh, would some Power give us the gift,
To see ourselves as others see us!

..... and he was talking to a louse at the time!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 May 2018, 18:43

bristleposh wrote:
10 May 2018, 18:35
superposh80 wrote:
10 May 2018, 18:30
bristleposh wrote:
10 May 2018, 17:37

He was marmite Brian, fantastic statistics but I don't think we'll miss him as much as those that like marmite believe. Somebody else will take corners, somebody else will take free kicks, of the 300 assists he is accredited with over the last four seasons the majority have been from those two sources, we have also conceded quite a lot of goals while he has been rolling about the floor feigning injury. He will be missed but he was only one of eleven who have frankly underachieved for all of the four seasons he has been with us.
Little... McCann... Maddison.

Who will be next on your hate list...

IF he (MM) goes he goes. Gwion may come to the fore a bit more (injuries permitting) and amazingly guess what even if between a few players his assists will be replicated if we are playing well.

john316z

Post by john316z » 10 May 2018, 20:56

Brianposh wrote:
10 May 2018, 16:06
Poshay wrote:
So this season has just finished, we have no idea who is signing and you have decided we'll drop 10 places without him.... How on earth does that work? :shock:

Perhaps wait to see who joins first?