Retained list

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80
Posts: 5602
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Retained list

Post by superposh80 » 08 May 2018, 11:32

According to Darragh... We're ploughing ahead with signings so he must be both confident of shifting M & M and have plenty to go to war with financially along with the Canadians.

Evans's new squad won't come cheap.

And let's not forget... He's a " Cheque book manager" :roll:

HantsPosh
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Retained list

Post by HantsPosh » 08 May 2018, 12:26

Yaaaaaay finally you agree that Uncle Stevie is a cheque book manager, progress at last :wink: though he really needs to stop all this I was in tears at Selhurst Park nonsense, he’s a grown man and grown men don’t cry over a football match! It’s just rhetoric for his fan club and to try and get people onside, nothing more.

I kills me to say this but.....I actually agree with Chompy as the previous 3 managers (prior to Uncle Stevie) were not the men to get us promoted (Medals & Over The Moon have to be DMACs worst ever decisions, ok maybe throw paying £1m for Tyrone in there as well).

We all want Posh to do well and get promoted and nobody, other than Chompy of course, ever wants us to lose it’s just that some of us don’t rate Evans at all and failing his first big test of losing to Plymouth, Blackburn & Shrewsbury isn’t going to endear him to any doubters is it. Yes you can bleat on about not his players etc but he’d had long enough with them by that stage & he kept picking all the players he doesn’t rate and was ‘coaching’ them at that point and deciding tactics so the buck stops with him.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27225
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Retained list

Post by bristleposh » 08 May 2018, 12:28

superposh80 wrote:
08 May 2018, 09:22
bristleposh wrote:
08 May 2018, 08:04
superposh80 wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:25
Neither are suited to the hustle and bustle of league one football...They have to go.
You have come up with some statements in your time but that is probably the biggest load of pony you have ever come up with. I know different people have differing opinions on the manager and the standard of some of the players. Those two were more than holding their own in a top half finishing side and aside from the two major assets and Gwion, were head and shoulders above any of the other six players in the side week in week out. The reasons for their being listed, in the case of Taylor is fair enough, Boyd had the same reasons for leaving Burnley, but the argument that Grant can’t play in a 4-4-2 is utter BS. I’m surprised at Evans not being honest and admitting that by freeing up wages he can bring in “his types of player”. A player that kept the leagues outstanding player in his pocket for the first half at Blackburn. The change to 4-4-2 in that game lost us that game, not Anthony Grant’s ability to adapt to a different way of playing.
If you'd have took the time to read my original post..

You should have realised I was speaking about Forrester and Anderson
I apologise I can see you were now: this is where the quote button saves errors like mine creeping in.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27225
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Retained list

Post by bristleposh » 08 May 2018, 12:29

HantsPosh wrote:
08 May 2018, 12:26
Yaaaaaay finally you agree that Uncle Stevie is a cheque book manager, progress at last :wink: though he really needs to stop all this I was in tears at Selhurst Park nonsense, he’s a grown man and grown men don’t cry over a football match! It’s just rhetoric for his fan club and to try and get people onside, nothing more.

I kills me to say this but.....I actually agree with Chompy as the previous 3 managers (prior to Uncle Stevie) were not the men to get us promoted (Medals & Over The Moon have to be DMACs worst ever decisions, ok maybe throw paying £1m for Tyrone in there as well).

We all want Posh to do well and get promoted and nobody, other than Chompy of course, ever wants us to lose it’s just that some of us don’t rate Evans at all and failing his first big test of losing to Plymouth, Blackburn & Shrewsbury isn’t going to endear him to any doubters is it. Yes you can bleat on about not his players etc but he’d had long enough with them by that stage & he kept picking all the players he doesn’t rate and was ‘coaching’ them at that point and deciding tactics so the buck stops with him.
So you think the appointment of Cooper was a good move.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 12:33

superposh80 wrote:
08 May 2018, 11:32
According to Darragh... We're ploughing ahead with signings so he must be both confident of shifting M & M and have plenty to go to war with financially along with the Canadians.

Evans's new squad won't come cheap.

And let's not forget... He's a " Cheque book manager" :roll:
Don't forget bully as well.... :?

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 12:37

HantsPosh wrote:
08 May 2018, 12:26
Yaaaaaay finally you agree that Uncle Stevie is a cheque book manager, progress at last :wink: though he really needs to stop all this I was in tears at Selhurst Park nonsense, he’s a grown man and grown men don’t cry over a football match! It’s just rhetoric for his fan club and to try and get people onside, nothing more.

I kills me to say this but.....I actually agree with Chompy as the previous 3 managers (prior to Uncle Stevie) were not the men to get us promoted (Medals & Over The Moon have to be DMACs worst ever decisions, ok maybe throw paying £1m for Tyrone in there as well).

We all want Posh to do well and get promoted and nobody, other than Chompy of course, ever wants us to lose it’s just that some of us don’t rate Evans at all and failing his first big test of losing to Plymouth, Blackburn & Shrewsbury isn’t going to endear him to any doubters is it. Yes you can bleat on about not his players etc but he’d had long enough with them by that stage & he kept picking all the players he doesn’t rate and was ‘coaching’ them at that point and deciding tactics so the buck stops with him.
Buck always stops with managers and that's the way it should be.... next season

Considering most people thought/think we were a mid-table team then to judge Evans on losing to 3 teams vying for the play-offs seems a tad harsh even if he do dislike the man. After all, not his squad, not his players. Obviously he made mistakes against Blackburn for sure but each of those teams exhibits a stronger team ethic with a bit of steel - neither of which is in our current squad. For all his faults (in your eyes) :wink: that's not something you can accuse an Evans team of

Bring on next season - I'm looking forward to an increase in the fan club :clap:

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 12:42

superposh80 wrote:
08 May 2018, 10:49
All new signings will be crap no doubt.
Nailed on for certain.... We all know Uncle Steve knows best....

HantsPosh
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Retained list

Post by HantsPosh » 08 May 2018, 14:33

In reply to BristlePosh. Cooper has done very well at FGR and also look where Swindon are now since he left, albeit a while ago now. So yep I’d say he was a better appointment than Meddles & Over the Moon.

halfwayline
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 May 2018, 15:54

Re: Retained list

Post by halfwayline » 08 May 2018, 16:02

New to forum site but been posh fan for years, Imo Taylor made Taff a much better player and id of kept them as main CB pairing.
Grant same reason aint the most mobile but gee leo couldn't mark his underpants somedays and hes still retained yep hes young personally i think hes garbage.

As for SE im not questioning if hes right or wrong guy but needs transfers to bolster squad depth as we have nothing on bench most games thats an improvement.

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 20:51

HantsPosh wrote:
08 May 2018, 14:33
In reply to BristlePosh. Cooper has done very well at FGR and also look where Swindon are now since he left, albeit a while ago now. So yep I’d say he was a better appointment than Meddles & Over the Moon.
Although comparing anyone with Meddles & Over the Moon is an odd one. A bit like saying Mo Farah is a better athlete than me

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 20:54

halfwayline wrote:
08 May 2018, 16:02
New to forum site but been posh fan for years, Imo Taylor made Taff a much better player and id of kept them as main CB pairing.
Grant same reason aint the most mobile but gee leo couldn't mark his underpants somedays and hes still retained yep hes young personally i think hes garbage.

As for SE im not questioning if hes right or wrong guy but needs transfers to bolster squad depth as we have nothing on bench most games thats an improvement.
Welcome to the forum. Agree on Taylor & Taff. Grant was my player of the year (excluding Marriott) but not mobile enough for Evans imho.

bettingbill
Posts: 121
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Retained list

Post by bettingbill » 09 May 2018, 19:24

Chompy wrote:
08 May 2018, 10:05
He has a proven track record, unlike our previous three lolmanagers, and the last lolsquad.

I have no interest in anything anti-Evans and you haters need to get over yourselves and just enjoy the ride, end of.
We all want Evans to do well and he should as clearly he is also a very lucky manager in that nearly everywhere he goes, and I say nearly, he has been given loads of money and boy does it look like in that respect hes landed on gia feet again!

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5363
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Retained list

Post by Chompy » 09 May 2018, 19:35

Manager does badly = he's ****.

Manager does well = he's been lucky.

All seems about right for a Posh fan.

john316z
Posts: 2177
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 09 May 2018, 19:53

bettingbill wrote:
09 May 2018, 19:24
Chompy wrote:
08 May 2018, 10:05
He has a proven track record, unlike our previous three lolmanagers, and the last lolsquad.

I have no interest in anything anti-Evans and you haters need to get over yourselves and just enjoy the ride, end of.
We all want Evans to do well and he should as clearly he is also a very lucky manager in that nearly everywhere he goes, and I say nearly, he has been given loads of money and boy does it look like in that respect hes landed on gia feet again!
Couldn't make some of this stuff up....

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5363
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Retained list

Post by Chompy » 09 May 2018, 20:13

I wonder if any club in the country has a larger percentage of negative fans than us. So utterly pathetic.

Three clubs from our area were in L1 at the start of this season.

Two got relegated. One has the league's top scorer, who's about to be sold to fund a squad overhaul ready for a genuine promotion push next season.

And what do they all do? Ridiculous.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: superposh80 and 8 guests