Retained list

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Re: Retained list

Post by john316z » 07 May 2018, 21:51

superposh80 wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:25
Neither are suited to the hustle and bustle of league one football...They have to go.

Leo even more so...Which is why he's on borrowed time.

I can't help thinking Darragh has cut a deal with Evans on that one...
Reading the King's words today it is up to Leo next season

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 May 2018, 22:35

John

That you can dare to suggest that I am an “Evans hater” without a single jot of evidence perhaps points more to your intelligence level than anything else

Further ,There would never be any question of my appearing from “the woodwork” as you put it, as I would never seek refuge in it in the first place

However, The bullying nature of such comments is perhaps how you do things

Such bullying will not work with me

Evans so far has been given a couple of tasks

To reach the playoffs

He has manifestly failed, but the manner of his failure with his blaming everybody and everything but himself is more alarming

His bigger and far more important task is to assemble a squad and instil the mindset so deeply into the players minds that we can get promotion within 46 games

His past record with Rotherham Et al has shown that he might possibly do this for posh

His performance as a coach and more especially , as a man, over the past dozen games has fallen far short and causes me to doubt that he has the skill set
This does not make me an Evans hater

It means I look at the evidence and come to a reasonable conclusion
You ought to try it sometime

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 07 May 2018, 23:16

Evans was not tasked to get us into the play offs.

His remit is to build a side to get us into the championship and keep us there.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 May 2018, 00:42

How have Evans' signings done so far trevor?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 May 2018, 08:04

superposh80 wrote:
Neither are suited to the hustle and bustle of league one football...They have to go.
You have come up with some statements in your time but that is probably the biggest load of pony you have ever come up with. I know different people have differing opinions on the manager and the standard of some of the players. Those two were more than holding their own in a top half finishing side and aside from the two major assets and Gwion, were head and shoulders above any of the other six players in the side week in week out. The reasons for their being listed, in the case of Taylor is fair enough, Boyd had the same reasons for leaving Burnley, but the argument that Grant can’t play in a 4-4-2 is utter BS. I’m surprised at Evans not being honest and admitting that by freeing up wages he can bring in “his types of player”. A player that kept the leagues outstanding player in his pocket for the first half at Blackburn. The change to 4-4-2 in that game lost us that game, not Anthony Grant’s ability to adapt to a different way of playing.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 May 2018, 08:15

Chompy wrote:
08 May 2018, 00:42
How have Evans' signings done so far trevor?
not one of them have put a foot wrong so far

however his approach , his inspirational talents and his excuses to date have given me good cause for concern

I hope he demonstrates that he is able to do the job and I will be amongst those who will applaud and thank him

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 08 May 2018, 08:23

superposh80 wrote:
07 May 2018, 23:16
Evans was not tasked to get us into the play offs.

His remit is to build a side to get us into the championship and keep us there.
I have fully accepted the second (and more important) point. I am sure you will have read that

however if anybody believes that the first task was not to get us into the playoffs then that denies all credibility .

the point is , whether he was tasked with it or not, he manifestly did not achieve it, in my terms he failed .

but more, is that he showed himself to blame everyone but himself. If you believe that the way he criticised Taylor in public for slipping at Ewood , was the correct way for an experienced manager to behave then the best you and I could ever do is to agree to differ, because we are unlikely to agree on much else

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 May 2018, 09:08

I'm really looking forward to this summer and pre-season.

The poor bunch of clueless Evans haters are ruining theirs.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 May 2018, 09:16

bristleposh wrote:
08 May 2018, 08:04
....... the argument that Grant can’t play in a 4-4-2 is utter BS. I’m surprised at Evans not being honest and admitting that by freeing up wages he can bring in “his types of player”. A player that kept the leagues outstanding player in his pocket for the first half at Blackburn. The change to 4-4-2 in that game lost us that game, not Anthony Grant’s ability to adapt to a different way of playing.
That is probably the truest thing you have ever written bristle. We were doing so well and Grant (and Cooper) had Dack sewn up like a kipper. Taking Cooper off (probably the best player in the first half) and dropping Grant 10-15 yards off Dack was the catalyst for Blackburn to run right through our midfield. Granted, there were individual mistakes that caused the goals but the incessant pressure on the team, caused by his woeful tactics, opened up those chances - he did bring on Anderson in the 88th minute to rescue the game for us! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 08 May 2018, 09:22

bristleposh wrote:
08 May 2018, 08:04
superposh80 wrote:
You have come up with some statements in your time but that is probably the biggest load of pony you have ever come up with. I know different people have differing opinions on the manager and the standard of some of the players. Those two were more than holding their own in a top half finishing side and aside from the two major assets and Gwion, were head and shoulders above any of the other six players in the side week in week out. The reasons for their being listed, in the case of Taylor is fair enough, Boyd had the same reasons for leaving Burnley, but the argument that Grant can’t play in a 4-4-2 is utter BS. I’m surprised at Evans not being honest and admitting that by freeing up wages he can bring in “his types of player”. A player that kept the leagues outstanding player in his pocket for the first half at Blackburn. The change to 4-4-2 in that game lost us that game, not Anthony Grant’s ability to adapt to a different way of playing.
If you'd have took the time to read my original post..

You should have realised I was speaking about Forrester and Anderson

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 08 May 2018, 09:48

Chompy wrote:
08 May 2018, 09:08
I'm really looking forward to this summer and pre-season.

The poor bunch of clueless Evans haters are ruining theirs.
We are all looking forward to the summer not just the We Love Uncle Stevie Club. Mainly so we don’t have to listen to his excuses after every game and his blaming of everyone but himself with some bullying of the players thrown in for good measure.

What player will want to play for a foul mouthed bully and a Chairman who digs them out all the time (unless you are LDSL of course who was the ONLY reason we beat anyone last season according to DMAC)

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 May 2018, 10:05

He has a proven track record, unlike our previous three lolmanagers, and the last lolsquad.

I have no interest in anything anti-Evans and you haters need to get over yourselves and just enjoy the ride, end of.

john316z

Post by john316z » 08 May 2018, 10:27

Meltdown in full effect. Roll on August but the summer whinging will be a blast

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 08 May 2018, 10:49

I think one or two of them still require counselling over McCann

God knows how they'll react when one of their favourites gets sold off.

All new signings will be crap no doubt.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 08 May 2018, 11:05

No doubt. I wonder if it was us who put in the opening bid for Mo Eisa the other day? Although Pompey are interested by all accounts.

Think he may end up going higher though. Going to be top class this lad.