Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Retained list

Post by ashman » 06 May 2018, 15:12

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

nickat

Re: Retained list

Post by nickat » 06 May 2018, 15:19

Well Steve, you had better prove that your listing of Taylor, Morias, Baldwin and Grant does not come back and kick you in the arse at the beginning of next season, otherwise you will lose the crowd. You lost me the moment you walked through the door!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 06 May 2018, 15:48

All looks fine to me.

john316z

Post by john316z » 06 May 2018, 16:22

I'd liked go have retained Taylor and Grant but can understand why they're going. The rst can go. Not bothered about any others. I'm sure another reason to not like Evans for some. "Oh hd kept Leo he's useless...." blah blah blah

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 06 May 2018, 17:16

Should be keeping Taylor and Grant all day long, and junior is a handy squad player at worst.

Can't argue with the rest.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 06 May 2018, 18:24

I believe he has got the list just about right. Personally perhaps I would have kept Forrester.
Taylor agreed.......... and Grant to change the style I also agree with.
Last edited by Brianposh on 06 May 2018, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 May 2018, 18:30

DaveLister wrote:
06 May 2018, 17:16
Should be keeping Taylor and Grant all day long, and junior is a handy squad player at worst.

Taylor expensive and can be replaced (although it will be difficult finding an accomplished snow clearer of his quality!)

Grant just too slow for a hard working midfield general. I hope he passes on to remaining players how he wins those free kicks in the middle of the field. He truly is the master at that!

Junior not good enough although all fans just love his enthusiasm.

Baldwin costs too many points, thrown away with mistakes.

Forester - a shame that he couldn't reproduce his early career form plus I don't think Evans likes the lad.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 06 May 2018, 18:56

ashman wrote:
06 May 2018, 18:30
DaveLister wrote:
06 May 2018, 17:16

Taylor expensive and can be replaced (although it will be difficult finding an accomplished snow clearer of his quality!)

Grant just too slow for a hard working midfield general. I hope he passes on to remaining players how he wins those free kicks in the middle of the field. He truly is the master at that!

Junior not good enough although all fans just love his enthusiasm.

Baldwin costs too many points, thrown away with mistakes.

Forester - a shame that he couldn't reproduce his early career form plus I don't think Evans likes the lad.
Taylors wages are the only reason I can think of, although whether he'd want to stay after being publicly critisced after the Blackburn game is another matter. Baldwin and Forrester both completely frustrating as players but agree completely with that.

dunc

Post by dunc » 06 May 2018, 19:31

As above, I will be disappointed to see Grant and Taylor go, after what they have given the team this season.
But can understand entirely why the decisions have been made.
From the time Steve Evans has been at our club I agree with all the other decisions on a footballing level.

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 06 May 2018, 19:40

Sad to see Steve Taylor on the list. I assume it’s to free up his (probably very high for us) wages. Always gave 100%.

Ambivalent about Grant, but not fussed about the rest.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 06 May 2018, 19:46

Grant's and Taylor's wages evidently had a lot to do with it.

GM put together a lop-sided squad with a lopsided wage structure.

The rebuild has begun. Let the good times roll.

Whatever happens next season, good or bad, it will make a pleasant change from the non-descript garbage we've had for a few years now.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 06 May 2018, 20:07

Narrowboat Dave wrote:
06 May 2018, 19:40
Sad to see Steve Taylor on the list. I assume it’s to free up his (probably very high for us) wages. Always gave 100%.

Ambivalent about Grant, but not fussed about the rest.
I was surprised how Evans criticised Taylor for "slipping" for the second goal at Ewood

"you dont see Mulgrew slipping" said the good Mr Evans (i believe, but am open to correction)

no possibly not, but did not mr mulgrew score an own goal?? that same game??? is that not worse???

it was at that point that I understood that mr evans was working to other agendas , and so was not surprised today to see Taylor listed

Evans is currently unproven, we hope for the best for next season. he has clearly failed miserably so far this season on the one task he was given for this season, which was specifically to get into the playoffs. His motivational talents (one of the coach's main jobs )are so far kept well hidden

but when he is blaming his players in public so irrationally , a la donald trump , then I look forward to the next season with trepidation

the manager's job is first and foremost, to get the mindset of the players right, let's hope he can do that. ,
if he has not get the players working along the right lines by Christmas, then we will probably have another duffer

stuie

Post by stuie » 06 May 2018, 20:18

it is all a load of codswallop. nobody will go unless offers are made, but interesting times ahead imo
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 May 2018, 20:24

Sad to see Grant go, but I'm sure we will get somebody who can fill that void. Surprised to see YaYa on the list I thought he was the chairmanship other love child, perhaps the injuries have been too much for the lad to overcome
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 06 May 2018, 22:09

Keep LDSL & Ward but get rid Tayls & Grant?? So basically get rid of anyone you can't bully huh Uncle Stevie??? Absolute joke of a 'manager' who has already been shown up for the fraud he is (except by the We Love Uncle Stevie Club of course).