Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by HantsPosh » 18 Jul 2018, 07:48

The We Love Uncle Stevie Club leaping to his to defence as usual is highly predictable but notice than none of the club members disagreed that his latest slagging off of previous management was uncalled for huh??

Just funny seeing the the club members getting all excited about a bunch of League two players and Scotsmen you’ve never heard of, whilst slating every player who leaves.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Jul 2018, 08:12

HantsPosh wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 07:48
The We Love Uncle Stevie Club leaping to his to defence as usual is highly predictable but notice than none of the club members disagreed that his latest slagging off of previous management was uncalled for huh??

Just funny seeing the the club members getting all excited about a bunch of League two players and Scotsmen you’ve never heard of, whilst slating every player who leaves.
I have supported a lot of your comments in the past, but feel you are letting yourself down with your constant whining about our manager. He is here to stay (at least until Darragh deems he has ran his course) Either you support Posh as I believe you do and accept the manager or STFU
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 18 Jul 2018, 08:26

Hear, hear.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 18 Jul 2018, 08:56

The genuine hope for all of us is that our manager makes the team better than the sum of its parts.
That’s what genuinely good managers do

There is a need to get the mindset right, the team spirit right and to get the players working for the same end.

Clough did it
Shankly did it
Sir Alex did it
Stein did it
Jack charlton did it

We have to hope that our current Scotsman can do it.
So far it is unproven, he has shown some imagination so far, but we can genuinely hope

However ,to vilify anyone who does not swallow the party line or who does not speak in full awe of the words of our current manager, is clearly Orwellian ,Maoist or in the modern times , trumpian , and not worthy of consideration

We all want posh to prosper
Let’s hope our current Scot can make it happen
He appears to have been given licence to build his ownteam so there is no need for him to “take a pop”at previous managers

I will watch with interest and hope

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 18 Jul 2018, 09:13

bristleposh wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 08:12
HantsPosh wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 07:48

I have supported a lot of your comments in the past, but feel you are letting yourself down with your constant whining about our manager. He is here to stay (at least until Darragh deems he has ran his course) Either you support Posh as I believe you do and accept the manager or STFU
Well said bristle!

Otherwise Hants, this might be where you belong?

http://www.thehotelend.co.uk/

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 18 Jul 2018, 14:02

Bristle I shall stop questioning the manager when 1) he delivers on the pitch proving he can walk the walk, which so far he hasn't done with Posh & 2) when he stops having a snide dig at previous managers all the time like he did last night. Everyone wants us to forget his 'past' so why can't he do the same.

And Chompy thanks for the link much appreciated, just out of interest was that the one you used when you wanted us to lose last season?,

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Jul 2018, 19:50

HantsPosh wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 14:02
Bristle I shall stop questioning the manager when 1) he delivers on the pitch proving he can walk the walk, which so far he hasn't done with Posh & 2) when he stops having a snide dig at previous managers all the time like he did last night. Everyone wants us to forget his 'past' so why can't he do the same.
As much crap as you talk I have to agree with you on that.

Petty and not even subtle.

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 18 Jul 2018, 21:36

Wycliffe wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 19:50
HantsPosh wrote:

Yes three of whom are utterly tinpot who signed many tinpot players. He can be a critical as he likes, McCann was terrible.

john316z

Post by john316z » 18 Jul 2018, 21:59

Wycliffe wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

But was it close to being true? Lots of people feel awkward for attacking McCann given his playing career - let's be honest just for Old Trafford! But nobody jumps to the defence of Johnson, Meddles, Robbo or Cooper of recent years despite being just as mediocre

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jul 2018, 01:06

Indeed, no reason GM should be viewed any more fondly than the clowns listed above. What a wasted couple of seasons.

Think we'll find out when DMac does his next football book that the Leicester capitulation had a large say in what happened next. And that game was the tip of the McCann iceberg.

Things are already looking up. According to various reports, and not just from SE himself, we impressed against Maratimo. OK, friendly results don't count for much but for sure you'll get a good idea of what's around the corner. It sticks in my mind that Shrewsbury were said to look good in friendlies this time last summer and look what they did. We haven't looked good in a pre-season friendly for a long time.

Hope continues to spiral...

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Jul 2018, 07:13

john316z wrote:
18 Jul 2018, 21:59
Wycliffe wrote:
HantsPosh wrote:

But was it close to being true? Lots of people feel awkward for attacking McCann given his playing career - let's be honest just for Old Trafford! But nobody jumps to the defence of Johnson, Meddles, Robbo or Cooper of recent years despite being just as mediocre
That is also a pretty pathetic comment tbh.

However, I quite like Evans, I have met him and he's a lot more eloquent than on the pitch side.
That being the case he doesn't need to be making those snidey digs, historical references to the past mistakes like "It is a shame Stevens wasn't played more often" would be fine.

Anyway, I deserve support as I had to agree with something Hants said :oops:

john316z

Post by john316z » 19 Jul 2018, 07:37

Wycliffe wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 07:13
john316z wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

However, I quite like Evans, I have met him and he's a lot more eloquent than on the pitch side.
That being the case he doesn't need to be making those snidey digs, historical references to the past mistakes like "It is a shame Stevens wasn't played more often" would be fine.

Yup agreeing with HP must be embarrassing

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 19 Jul 2018, 07:47

john316z wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 07:37
Wycliffe wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 07:13
john316z wrote:

Yup agreeing with HP must be embarrassing
It is. I am seeing my therapist later on. Mr S Artois

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 19 Jul 2018, 08:35

Chompy wrote:
19 Jul 2018, 01:06
Indeed, no reason GM should be viewed any more fondly than the clowns listed above. What a wasted couple of seasons.

Think we'll find out when DMac does his next football book that the Leicester capitulation had a large say in what happened next. And that game was the tip of the McCann iceberg.

Things are already looking up. According to various reports, and not just from SE himself, we impressed against Maratimo. OK, friendly results don't count for much but for sure you'll get a good idea of what's around the corner. It sticks in my mind that Shrewsbury were said to look good in friendlies this time last summer and look what they did. We haven't looked good in a pre-season friendly for a long time.

Hope continues to spiral...
You know, Ricky Miller was banging in goals in pre season last year.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jul 2018, 09:21

Not sure of your point, if there is one.

I know Gormely was guff from very early on, while the clueless masses were still hailing him as one of our own and some sort of saviour.

Matty S has been banging them in this summer but I'd doubt he's the answer either.

Some on here will be all over him though.