Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
john316z
Posts: 2176
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by john316z » 02 Jul 2018, 12:29

Rather than make veiled criticism I'm delighted to have another signing on board. I've read a bit about him, never seen him play, but hope he does well. Welcome to the club and roll on August!

superposh80
Posts: 5601
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by superposh80 » 02 Jul 2018, 13:22

....As revealed by me on Friday.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16657
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by ashman » 02 Jul 2018, 13:41

Welcome to Posh Adam. I hope your loan goes well.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27220
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jul 2018, 14:11

HantsPosh wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 11:50
https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/july/ ... loan-deal/

Adam King on loan till mid January from Swansea, another Scotsman with only League Two experience that Evans has had before on loan.
Peterborough's best kept secret
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16657
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by ashman » 02 Jul 2018, 14:24

New post has become available at Posh for a translator Scottish to East Anglian! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

HantsPosh
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by HantsPosh » 02 Jul 2018, 16:41

john316z wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 12:29
Rather than make veiled criticism I'm delighted to have another signing on board. I've read a bit about him, never seen him play, but hope he does well. Welcome to the club and roll on August!
or a statement of three facts :roll: :? ! he's Scottish YES, has only played League Two YES & has played for Evans before on loan YES,

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5361
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by Chompy » 02 Jul 2018, 16:46

There's nobody on here who wasn't aware of those three facts.

Have you seen him play? NO. Had you heard of him before the weekend? NO.

Why not just wait and see if he's any good?

trevormans
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by trevormans » 02 Jul 2018, 17:52

but which post shows any negativity towards "the hierarchy" ???. A lack of blind faith towards Evans is not negativity.

surely the comment that "Anyone who writes off a manager before he's even started is plain stupid." , when Mr Evans has been manager for say over a quarter of the season, (ie not "before he's started) perhaps shows a tiny tincture, a scintilla, a smidgeon, a hint of of a one-eyed approach.
It certainly reminds me of some of the fundamentalist Brexiteers who dare not have a word spoken against brexit, when all evidence is showing in the opposite direction, for fear that it will fall apart if criticism is allowed.

I do not believe that anybody has written off the manager. we all want him to succeed, but nobody could claim that to date his win record at PUFC has been at all successful. They may not have been his choice of players, but the day he became manager the whole team became his team.
The change of tactics at halftime at Ewood Park (when we still had a chance of the playoffs) shocked me. They may not have been his players , but the tactics were his.
Four consecutive losses at least showed consistency if not much else. McCann got the boot after four consecutive draws.

We all want him to succeed . His signings seem to have shown some imagination and perhaps extensive research. He wants to go with what he believes can work for him. We have to hope and trust he gets the mindset of the playing squad right. Let's hope it works, but let us not ignore the areas where he is found wanting, because to ignore the failings so reduces one's credibility.

HantsPosh
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by HantsPosh » 02 Jul 2018, 18:17

Chompy wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 16:46
There's nobody on here who wasn't aware of those three facts.

Have you seen him play? NO. Had you heard of him before the weekend? NO.

Why not just wait and see if he's any good?
Nobody had actually posted that he’d signed yet, I posted it first and therefore posted three correct statements of fact about our new signing, nothing more nothing less. But appreciate you telling me whether I’d heard of him before today though, thanks for that.

Think you 3 are looking for things that aren’t there to be honest.

HantsPosh
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by HantsPosh » 02 Jul 2018, 18:21

Chompy wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 17:56
Just lol at the haters hanging on to the results of dead rubbers with someone else's squad.
Nearly a 3rd of the season are ‘dead rubbers’, really?

superposh80
Posts: 5601
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by superposh80 » 02 Jul 2018, 19:06

HantsPosh wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 18:17
Chompy wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 16:46
There's nobody on here who wasn't aware of those three facts.

Have you seen him play? NO. Had you heard of him before the weekend? NO.

Why not just wait and see if he's any good?
Nobody had actually posted that he’d signed yet, I posted it first.
No you didn't.

It was common knowledge on both forums on Friday that he was the player Darragh was referring to.

He was even in the video taken of the squad in Nottingham last week.

You were 3 days late.

john316z
Posts: 2176
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by john316z » 02 Jul 2018, 21:17

trevormans wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 17:52
but which post shows any negativity towards "the hierarchy" ???. A lack of blind faith towards Evans is not negativity.

surely the comment that "Anyone who writes off a manager before he's even started is plain stupid." , when Mr Evans has been manager for say over a quarter of the season, (ie not "before he's started) perhaps shows a tiny tincture, a scintilla, a smidgeon, a hint of of a one-eyed approach.
It certainly reminds me of some of the fundamentalist Brexiteers who dare not have a word spoken against brexit, when all evidence is showing in the opposite direction, for fear that it will fall apart if criticism is allowed.

I do not believe that anybody has written off the manager. we all want him to succeed, but nobody could claim that to date his win record at PUFC has been at all successful. They may not have been his choice of players, but the day he became manager the whole team became his team.
The change of tactics at halftime at Ewood Park (when we still had a chance of the playoffs) shocked me. They may not have been his players , but the tactics were his.
Four consecutive losses at least showed consistency if not much else. McCann got the boot after four consecutive draws.

We all want him to succeed . His signings seem to have shown some imagination and perhaps extensive research. He wants to go with what he believes can work for him. We have to hope and trust he gets the mindset of the playing squad right. Let's hope it works, but let us not ignore the areas where he is found wanting, because to ignore the failings so reduces one's credibility.
To be honest trevor, the above post does sound a bit negative to me.... Focusing on 1 game where Evans got his tactics wrong seems a tad HPesque.... Nobody really thought we'd get promoted when Evans joined, but your language seems grudging at best. I'm sure that's not quite what you meant, or hope not. I'm going on Evans' performance at nearly every club he's managed, in his style, with his players rather than focus on a quarter of a season with players, going on the retained list, he didn't want in his squad

john316z
Posts: 2176
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by john316z » 02 Jul 2018, 21:18

HantsPosh wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 18:21
Chompy wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 17:56
Just lol at the haters hanging on to the results of dead rubbers with someone else's squad.
Nearly a 3rd of the season are ‘dead rubbers’, really?
Be honest HP, at what point last season did you think we would get promoted? Under McCann? Evans?

trevormans
Posts: 270
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by trevormans » 02 Jul 2018, 22:30

john316z wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 21:17
[

To be honest trevor, the above post does sound a bit negative to me.... Focusing on 1 game where Evans got his tactics wrong seems a tad HPesque.... Nobody really thought we'd get promoted when Evans joined, but your language seems grudging at best. I'm sure that's not quite what you meant, or hope not. I'm going on Evans' performance at nearly every club he's managed, in his style, with his players rather than focus on a quarter of a season with players, going on the retained list, he didn't want in his squad
you will not be surprised to read that i disagree with practically every word you say

yes we should hope for the best, because he is our manager, that is reason enough.

but at best, at PUFC, he is unproven.

in no way would I focus on one game. i merely mention it in passing, the second half when my distant hopes of play offs disintegrated in front of my eyes .

you say nobody thought we'd get promoted. I disagree, I had done, but a run of four losses put paid to that. and blame was laid off in all directions.

he may prove successful , I hope he is, I am not an Evans hater, why would anybody be? , he is our manager.

he is clearing the stables of those that do not suit him
we have prospered in the past with a glaswegian for a manager, and may well do so again

I have sought to give not a negative but rather, a balanced view, weighing the unsuccessful aspects against the potential


that is clearly not what people want to hear or see. the blind faith approach will live , but not with me

john316z
Posts: 2176
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by john316z » 02 Jul 2018, 22:56

trevormans wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 22:30
john316z wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 21:17
[

To be honest trevor, the above post does sound a bit negative to me.... Focusing on 1 game where Evans got his tactics wrong seems a tad HPesque.... Nobody really thought we'd get promoted when Evans joined, but your language seems grudging at best. I'm sure that's not quite what you meant, or hope not. I'm going on Evans' performance at nearly every club he's managed, in his style, with his players rather than focus on a quarter of a season with players, going on the retained list, he didn't want in his squad
you will not be surprised to read that i disagree with practically every word you say

yes we should hope for the best, because he is our manager, that is reason enough.

but at best, at PUFC, he is unproven.

in no way would I focus on one game. i merely mention it in passing, the second half when my distant hopes of play offs disintegrated in front of my eyes .

you say nobody thought we'd get promoted. I disagree, I had done, but a run of four losses put paid to that. and blame was laid off in all directions.

he may prove successful , I hope he is, I am not an Evans hater, why would anybody be? , he is our manager.

he is clearing the stables of those that do not suit him
we have prospered in the past with a glaswegian for a manager, and may well do so again

I have sought to give not a negative but rather, a balanced view, weighing the unsuccessful aspects against the potential


that is clearly not what people want to hear or see. the blind faith approach will live , but not with me
Many people stated we weren't good enough months before Evans walked through the door, that proved to be true.

either way we look at it next season's going to be a blast - first close season I can think of since our demise in the Championship that I'm genuinely looking forward to the start... Should be another rollercoaster rode, after all it is Peterborough so what else would we expect! :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests