Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by ashman » 23 Jun 2018, 09:25

Chompy wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 09:14
The sales of LDSL and Hughes to the Championship have both been for over-the-odds amounts.
Those deals have pretty much funded the nine we've bought in so far.
Seems like exceptional business to me.
Btw, this idea about players taking time to bed in, time to gel as a team..It belongs alongside 'footballers are role models' in the list of utter-garbage clieched statements.
:stupid: Yep, and a huge shout out for Barry over all this. Could this mean that we could hang onto Marcus and Jack Marriott? With the impending sale of Jack Baldwin we could end up with a superb team without selling them. However I think that DMac may well see selling them as a way to recouping some of the dosh that he has put in - and who could blame him!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Jun 2018, 09:51

DMac seems to be playing the patient game with the two big boys and waiting for the last-minute panic buying to begin.

I'd still be surpised if either stayed, although less so MM.

We'll be going in for strikers late too I guess. If we can pick up Lyle Taylor and Jorge Grant, things would start to look very good.

john316z

Post by john316z » 23 Jun 2018, 14:43

HantsPosh wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 08:44
ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 07:15
tooposhforwords wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 06:46
“Interesting that #pufc have to build a complete new team because @grantmccann11 players only seem to be good enough for the championship”

I actually hope these Posh fans find another club to support. Beyond stupid.
PUFC have not HAD to build a complete new team, it is because it is the way the new manager works. He brings in players that he wants to work with and he should be respected for that. It has nothing to do with players being sold other than to finance the players that Evans needs for his squad and also to keep the club afloat. Michael Doughty, Chris Forrester, Alex Penny, Leo Da Silva Lopes, Callum Chettle, Andrew Hughes and Ricky Miller have not all gone to the Championship.
Ashman that is exactly my point about Evans, he is NOT a coach and has no coaching ability at all, anyone could be a cheque book manager. He thinks he’s playing a computer game in his bedroom!!

The sales of M&M will keep the club afloat, releasing the likes of Doughty & Chettle will just get a few quid off the wage bill.
Hmm not sure this makes sense. So are you saying anyone can be a football manager with cash? I know I couldn't!

I'm not convinced anyone could turn decent players out of some of last year's squad. Serious question what would YOU do with Doughty for example?

You can't coach ability to perform better if it's not there.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 23 Jun 2018, 17:32

Must admit when DM boasted how much money he had spent thus far this summer I had to chuckle. Though factually true, he knows his bank account is likely to start £5-7M up come August. There is no way either will be here when we kick off so I assume the new arrivals, particularly up front haven't stopped quite yet

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 24 Jun 2018, 10:06

bettingbill wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 17:32
Must admit when DM boasted how much money he had spent thus far this summer I had to chuckle. Though factually true, he knows his bank account is likely to start £5-7M up come August. There is no way either will be here when we kick off so I assume the new arrivals, particularly up front haven't stopped quite yet
Far from it.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 24 Jun 2018, 13:33

If as has been stated it’s PR who does the actual coaching then I’m not sure what Evans actually does as he’s shown that tactics is not his strength. I couldn’t do what PR does but given what I’ve seen Evans do so far, we could all do it that. Watch games and say I think he’s a good player.

The signings of Godden, Chapman & Woodyard are all nobrainer signings as all 3 were stand out players in their league last season and undoubtedly improve our squad, the others I’m not convinced at all they are better than what we’ve let go and if Evans aim ian promotion this year, will he need to start all over again next summer if he pulls it off?

And agree 100% re Doughty, think it was Bobby Robson who said how do you make a millionaire sweat! Doughty’s Family are loaded so there clearly wasn’t the same passion to work hard and succeed as with someone like Morias for example. Who incidentally I think has been judged very harshly by Evans, the boy was still regaining fitness & who was it who set Marriott up for the goal at Rotherham?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jun 2018, 14:50

There still seems to be an underlying negativity against Evans. He's our manager please get over yourselves and wait to see what happens.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 24 Jun 2018, 15:49

What posts have been offensive? You’re pro Evans that’s fine, whereas I’m not. So not sure why you seem to think people are hiding their reservations about him. I don’t rate him and would happily say that to anyone, including Evans himself.

And BristlePosh, pot and kettle springs to mind sir. So far I’ve judged Evans on the end of last season when he failed emphatically as that’s all we’ve got to go on.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 24 Jun 2018, 15:53

....So your judging him on a dozen games with someone else's players?...

More fool you.

Give him a chance..and see what he can do with his own signings come the end of this season

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Jun 2018, 16:39

HantsPosh wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 15:49
What posts have been offensive? You’re pro Evans that’s fine, whereas I’m not. So not sure why you seem to think people are hiding their reservations about him. I don’t rate him and would happily say that to anyone, including Evans himself.

And BristlePosh, pot and kettle springs to mind sir. So far I’ve judged Evans on the end of last season when he failed emphatically as that’s all we’ve got to go on.
Maybe we shouldn't give a finished critique of Steve Evans and co. just yet. A new broom and all that!!

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Jun 2018, 16:41

I was speaking today, during half time in the England match, to a lad who used to play for Evans. He emphasised that he made sure that his team was very, very organised and he made it quite clear to his players what he wanted from them. If they didn't do as instructed they were soon sacked off. He did however say that he had very little patience with players 'who show potential.'
Maybe that is just what we need to get into the next league? I'm certainly not finally judging him yet, although HantsPosh does have a point about the way the team played at the end of last season. SP80 also makes a very good point about them not being 'his' players. We shall see. I reckon that next season is going to be up there with upheavals, fallings out amongst fans and hopefully, at the end of the day, a very productive year!

john316z

Post by john316z » 24 Jun 2018, 17:34

HP is very much in the Evans out camp. Im very much in the in camp. Hopefully I'm right and HP eats an extra large portion of humble pie. End of the day we'll both be happy won't we?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Jun 2018, 17:52

Anyone who writes off a manager before he's even started is plain stupid.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jun 2018, 18:37

HantsPosh wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 15:49

If, as Chompy and SP80?and others have pointed out, Evans at the end of last season was playing with McCann's squad. My kettle or Pot has never been guilty of critic in a manager in those circumstances. If of course you refer to my knocking of performances by players, then we are all guilty of that, different people have knocked Baldwin, Leo, Santos, Doughty, Miller etc. When I have been critical of players I have always balanced my opinions by saying why and what they needed to do.
Mark Little, great going forward, terrible tracking back, Marcus Maddison wonderful talent such a shame he can't stay on his feet, Grant McCann wonderful servant to the club but was played past his sell by date. Where is that the same as your negativity for Evans. Sir.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 02 Jul 2018, 11:50

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/july/ ... loan-deal/

Adam King on loan till mid January from Swansea, another Scotsman with only League Two experience that Evans has had before on loan.