Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by john316z » 19 Jun 2018, 20:23

DaveLister wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 14:12
ashman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:20
Chompy wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 10:57
Another one attracted to the club by SE being in charge...

Wonder what the whingers who were moaning about last backend's irrelevant results, hen McCann's gutless showponies threw in the towel for the tough new boss, are making of our summer business?

Don't see how anyone can fail to be positive at the moment.
New season, new targets, new manager, new players. Now is the time to forget the sniping at all that has gone before. Let's all be forward looking and stop all the criticism of McCann, directly or in disguise in veiled posts. Everybody else is getting fed up with your constant moaning about what is now consigned to history.
I will be there, getting behind the manager, beginning with Stamford AFC on the 4th. July and culminating with the final pre-season game at The Bela Vista Stadium against CS Maritimo in Spain on the 18th. The season starts on the 4th. August. Check back here in two days time to see who are our opponents are and where we will be!!
(any bets on Rochdale away? :shock: )
100 % agree ashman. And while Evans wouldn't have been my choice as Posh manager, if he delivers promotion none of us will care about what went before.

If he fails though, some will still blame McCann for signing the players.
He's gone Dave, time to move on

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2018, 18:14

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.18 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Siriki Dembele joins Posh from Grimsby Town.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Jun 2018, 18:25

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Jun 2018, 18:31

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/june/ ... i-dembele/

Has Phil Adlam been offed or is he just on holiday?

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 22 Jun 2018, 19:14

This one has DMac punt written all over it. Certainly not an Evans type.

Could fly or crash.

DMac says Hughes would have been second-choice LB had he stayed. Some of his Twitter stuff is beyond ridiculous.

john316z

Post by john316z » 22 Jun 2018, 21:06

I'll say hopefully another good signing but as I'd never heard of him before today....

john316z

Post by john316z » 22 Jun 2018, 21:07

Chompy wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 19:14
DMac says Hughes would have been second-choice LB had he stayed. Some of his Twitter stuff is beyond ridiculous.
It's like reading the Sun. Darrgh uses bigger words.... but a lot of fantasy stuff in there apart from the odd nugget of truth

Rumoured to be £0.5m so would another club pay that for second-choice in L1 :roll:

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 22 Jun 2018, 23:03

john316z wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 21:06
I'll say hopefully another good signing but as I'd never heard of him before today....
Another player from League Two as well, remains to be seen if any of these guys are better than what we’ve let/are letting go. Guess we’ll know come August/September time.

And in reply to Chompy’s earlier post about players saying they signed just because of the manager........seriously, what do you expect them to say!!

Nine new players is an awful lot to bed in at any level.

Struggling to keep up but by my reckoning our business so far is

In
Aaron Chapman GK L2
Rhys Bennett CB L2
Colin Daniel LB L1
Mark O’Hara CM SPL
Alex Woodyard CM L2
Jason Naismith RB SPL
Matt Godden F L2
Louis Reed CM L2
Siriki Dembele F L2

Out
Ricky Miller
Chris Forrester
Leonardo Da Silva Lopes
Andrew Hughes
Alex Penny
Michael Doughty

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jun 2018, 23:12

HantsPosh wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 23:03
Guess we’ll know come August/September time.

Nine new players is an awful lot to bed in at any level.

Surely that is what pre-season training and friendlies are for

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 22 Jun 2018, 23:16

john316z wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 21:07
Chompy wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 19:14
It's like reading the Sun. Darrgh uses bigger words.... but a lot of fantasy stuff in there apart from the odd nugget of truth

Rumoured to be £0.5m so would another club pay that for second-choice in L1 :roll:
Bang average that he is... Preston are still getting someone that can play at left back and centre back.

He'll need replacing and we may have to sign two to achieve that

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 23 Jun 2018, 06:46

“Interesting that #pufc have to build a complete new team because @grantmccann11 players only seem to be good enough for the championship”

I actually hope these Posh fans find another club to support. Beyond stupid.

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jun 2018, 07:15

tooposhforwords wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 06:46
“Interesting that #pufc have to build a complete new team because @grantmccann11 players only seem to be good enough for the championship”

PUFC have not HAD to build a complete new team, it is because it is the way the new manager works. He brings in players that he wants to work with and he should be respected for that. It has nothing to do with players being sold other than to finance the players that Evans needs for his squad and also to keep the club afloat. Michael Doughty, Chris Forrester, Alex Penny, Leo Da Silva Lopes, Callum Chettle, Andrew Hughes and Ricky Miller have not all gone to the Championship.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jun 2018, 07:27

ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 07:15
tooposhforwords wrote:

PUFC have not HAD to build a complete new team, it is because it is the way the new manager works. He brings in players that he wants to work with and he should be respected for that. It has nothing to do with players being sold other than to finance the players that Evans needs for his squad and also to keep the club afloat. Michael Doughty, Chris Forrester, Alex Penny, Leo Da Silva Lopes, Callum Chettle, Andrew Hughes and Ricky Miller have not all gone to the Championship.
You should know that people with an agenda don't let facts stand in the way of a good rant. If you look at that list the only two that have gone to the Championship were ones from the retained list, so presumably Mr Evans would have considered them the better of those already here.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 23 Jun 2018, 08:44

ashman wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 07:15
tooposhforwords wrote:

Ashman that is exactly my point about Evans, he is NOT a coach and has no coaching ability at all, anyone could be a cheque book manager. He thinks he’s playing a computer game in his bedroom!!

The sales of M&M will keep the club afloat, releasing the likes of Doughty & Chettle will just get a few quid off the wage bill.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 23 Jun 2018, 09:14

The sales of LDSL and Hughes to the Championship have both been for over-the-odds amounts.

Those deals have pretty much funded the nine we've bought in so far.

Seems like exceptional business to me.

Btw, this idea about players taking time to bed in, time to gel as a team..It belongs alongside 'footballers are role models' in the list of utter-garbage clieched statements.