Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Players who have DEFINITELY SIGNED

Post by bristleposh » 19 Jun 2018, 07:36

Wycliffe wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 07:15
Chompy wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 18:37
Louis Reed signs. It's such a perfect day.

Undisclosed fee. Presumably the other club insisted on it. Same as for every single one of our signings.
Personally I am not that desperate to know the fee between two businesses.
Interested is the max for me.

Anyway as with all the signings time will tell with Louis.
It's quite a jump from fighting all season to avoid relegation to the non league and (hopefully) a promotion campaign from early on.

Highly rated by a lot of Blades fans but that was for potential as opposed to any form shown on any regularity though.
Wasn't Nabi highly regarded by Baggies fans
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z

Post by john316z » 19 Jun 2018, 09:02

I wouldn't use Nabi as a yardstick. For every Nabi there's a Maddison or Marriott we sign. I firmly believe that Evans and Raynor will get the best out of these new signings. Some will be successful some may not be but they always happens. I am though really excited about next season. Can't wait for August

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 09:12

john316z wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:02
I wouldn't use Nabi as a yardstick. For every Nabi there's a Maddison or Marriott we sign. I firmly believe that Evans and Raynor will get the best out of these new signings. Some will be successful some may not be but they always happens. I am though really excited about next season. Can't wait for August
It will certainly be an unrecognisable side from last year. It's going to take some time for the players to gel properly and a good while for fans to recognise who is representing their team!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 09:30

Chompy wrote:

Undisclosed fee. Presumably the other club insisted on it. Same as for every single one of our signings.
Very good! :lol:

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jun 2018, 09:38

bristleposh wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 07:36
Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:

Anyway as with all the signings time will tell with Louis.
It's quite a jump from fighting all season to avoid relegation to the non league and (hopefully) a promotion campaign from early on.

Highly rated by a lot of Blades fans but that was for potential as opposed to any form shown on any regularity though.
Wasn't Nabi highly regarded by Baggies fans
You'd rather see on their forum the sort of stuff we wrote about LDSL after he was sold to Wigan?

This kid is obviously talented. Chesterfield were horrendous last season and he was the shining light. If he's half as good as some of the midfielders they've had there in recent times we'll be fine.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jun 2018, 09:40

Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:

Me neither but that wasn't really my point. It's pretty obvious DMac insists on all business being kept undisclosed.

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 09:52

Chompy wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:40
Me neither but that wasn't really my point. It's pretty obvious DMac insists on all business being kept undisclosed.
.... and yet he maintains that it is always the selling club that ask for this. ???

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jun 2018, 10:03

Yep. He must think we're all stupid.

No problem with him doing it, as it can suit his narrative further down the line, but just be honest about it! It's common practise now and the approximate amounts always leak out anyway.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 19 Jun 2018, 10:35

ashman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:12
john316z wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 09:02
It will certainly be an unrecognisable side from last year.
GOOD!

More to come yet.

dunc

Post by dunc » 19 Jun 2018, 10:55

I am certainly looking forward to seeing an unrecognizable defence and central midfield to that of last season!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 19 Jun 2018, 10:57

Another one attracted to the club by SE being in charge...

Wonder what the whingers who were moaning about last backend's irrelevant results, hen McCann's gutless showponies threw in the towel for the tough new boss, are making of our summer business?

Don't see how anyone can fail to be positive at the moment.

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 11:20

Chompy wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 10:57

Wonder what the whingers who were moaning about last backend's irrelevant results, hen McCann's gutless showponies threw in the towel for the tough new boss, are making of our summer business?

New season, new targets, new manager, new players. Now is the time to forget the sniping at all that has gone before. Let's all be forward looking and stop all the criticism of McCann, directly or in disguise in veiled posts. Everybody else is getting fed up with your constant moaning about what is now consigned to history.
I will be there, getting behind the manager, beginning with Stamford AFC on the 4th. July and culminating with the final pre-season game at The Bela Vista Stadium against CS Maritimo in Spain on the 18th. The season starts on the 4th. August. Check back here in two days time to see who are our opponents are and where we will be!!
(any bets on Rochdale away? :shock: )

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 12:53

Undisclosed fee and a sell on clause (surprise, surprise!)

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2018/june/reed-leaves/

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 19 Jun 2018, 14:12

ashman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:20
Chompy wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 10:57

New season, new targets, new manager, new players. Now is the time to forget the sniping at all that has gone before. Let's all be forward looking and stop all the criticism of McCann, directly or in disguise in veiled posts. Everybody else is getting fed up with your constant moaning about what is now consigned to history.
I will be there, getting behind the manager, beginning with Stamford AFC on the 4th. July and culminating with the final pre-season game at The Bela Vista Stadium against CS Maritimo in Spain on the 18th. The season starts on the 4th. August. Check back here in two days time to see who are our opponents are and where we will be!!
(any bets on Rochdale away? :shock: )
100 % agree ashman. And while Evans wouldn't have been my choice as Posh manager, if he delivers promotion none of us will care about what went before.

stuie

Post by stuie » 19 Jun 2018, 19:38

dunc wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 10:55
I am certainly looking forward to seeing an unrecognizable defence and central midfield to that of last season!
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far