Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Rhys Bennett

Post by HantsPosh » 16 May 2018, 15:44

Chompy wrote:
16 May 2018, 14:11
Signs on a free.

Chequebook manager so far shelled out £0 on two transfers.

6'3", experienced, good age at 26.

What are the Evans moaners making of it so far?
Good experience squad player to replace Baldwin although I would still have Taylor as a starter ahead of him. All I would ask is why at 26 has he only played for teams like Rochdale & Mansfield and also Lge 1 then Lge 2, ideally it would be the other way around. That said Grant hadn’t exactly played for any big guns and, the We Love Uncle Stevie Club aside, most would have him in next years squad.

Another Giant as well, we aren’t going to be a tippy tappy side next year that’s for sure.

Uncle Stevie couldn’t resist having another dig of course when announcing the signing.
Last edited by HantsPosh on 16 May 2018, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

ashman

Re: Players who have definitely JOINED

Post by ashman » 16 May 2018, 15:45

Unfortunately we preferred Baldwin to Santos. At the time there was very little to choose between them, both littered with mistakes. I can't see Posh wanting to have him back however but it is good to see that a former player seems to be developing well. We did ok out of him with his transfer to Barnet.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 May 2018, 15:49

Good luck Rhys. Welcome to Posh and a successful time while you are here.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 May 2018, 16:00

Good luck Rhys
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 16 May 2018, 16:27

ashman wrote:
16 May 2018, 15:45
Unfortunately we preferred Baldwin to Santos. At the time there was very little to choose between them, both littered with mistakes. I can't see Posh wanting to have him back however but it is good to see that a former player seems to be developing well. We did ok out of him with his transfer to Barnet.
He's developing so well he's now dropped down to the national league.

Santos was..and is.... Hopeless.

Baldwin is a far better footballer who I...as well as you...have seen have some cracking games for Posh. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to cut out those individual errors..which were admittedly getting more frequent... which is why he's on his way.

God help us if we took Santos back.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 16 May 2018, 16:28

This Cheque book manager is going to break our great club...All this money he's shelling out on players.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 16 May 2018, 16:29

And they're all in their 30s ffs.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 16 May 2018, 16:41

superposh80 wrote:
16 May 2018, 16:28
This Cheque book manager is going to break our great club...All this money he's shelling out on players.
All that ‘coaching’ he’s going to do to improve the players he already has rather than just sign his journeyman mates from League 2. Such a shame as we all saw his tactical and coaching abilities in the 12 games he had in charge. Oh no wait that was with someone else’s players, just like Lee Bowyer at Charlton who actually got his team to the playoffs.

Maybe by his tenth signing he’ll stop having a dig at everybody but Santa Claus when he ‘gives the introduction we all need’ to his latest acquisition.

john316z

Post by john316z » 16 May 2018, 17:19

Imagine a central defence pairing of Calamity Jack and Santosh :lol:

john316z

Post by john316z » 16 May 2018, 17:22

HantsPosh wrote:
16 May 2018, 16:41
superposh80 wrote:
All that ‘coaching’ he’s going to do to improve the players he already has rather than just sign his journeyman mates from League 2. Such a shame as we all saw his tactical and coaching abilities in the 12 games he had in charge. Oh no wait that was with someone else’s players, just like Lee Bowyer at Charlton who actually got his team to the playoffs.

Maybe by his tenth signing he’ll stop having a dig at everybody but Santa Claus when he ‘gives the introduction we all need’ to his latest acquisition.
I see you've avoided your "cheque book" manager reference (on the basis of being wrong) to the coaching gag? Have you seen Evans' CV and record on promotion?

Given you got the 1st wrong is it safe to assume that you'll drop the coaching complaint soon and then focus on him criticising others next? Do you see how desperate your arguments are appearing???

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 May 2018, 18:19

HantsPosh wrote:
16 May 2018, 15:44
Uncle Stevie couldn’t resist having another dig of course when announcing the signing.
It's getting boring how, in every interview, he has a go at the previous administration. Very unprofessional and it's like a gardener coming in to replace the previous one and saying that the previous gardener didn't know what he was doing. I really, really cannot stand that in any walk of life!

'We know his character, he is an outstanding professional and he will add some real professionalism to some areas which have been missing here.'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 16 May 2018, 18:39

I wonder if with a 6'8" keeper, a 6'3" centre half alongside 6'5" Taffy whether we might for once be able to defend at corners
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 16 May 2018, 18:41

john316z wrote:
16 May 2018, 17:22
HantsPosh wrote:
16 May 2018, 16:41
superposh80 wrote:

I see you've avoided your "cheque book" manager reference (on the basis of being wrong) to the coaching gag? Have you seen Evans' CV and record on promotion?

Given you got the 1st wrong is it safe to assume that you'll drop the coaching complaint soon and then focus on him criticising others next? Do you see how desperate your arguments are appearing???
tbf and what I have heard from mansfield and also here it is raynor who does the day to day coaching.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 17 May 2018, 08:03

ashman wrote:
16 May 2018, 18:19
HantsPosh wrote:
16 May 2018, 15:44
It's getting boring how, in every interview, he has a go at the previous administration. Very unprofessional and it's like a gardener coming in to replace the previous one and saying that the previous gardener didn't know what he was doing. I really, really cannot stand that in any walk of life!

'We know his character, he is an outstanding professional and he will add some real professionalism to some areas which have been missing here.'
:stupid: never heard my boss have a pop at my old one. Quite the opposite actually, such behaviour is severely frowned on at B&Q and as a result its a better place to work.

Still, a dominating centre half is a good thing and as Bristle says, we should be able to defend set pieces.

john316z

Post by john316z » 17 May 2018, 09:27

Although tbf our squad was shockingly imbalanced last season. Slagging off the old boss is not acceptable in the workplace although a football club is different. It shouldn't be agreed but comparing it to our work environments is nonsensical.

Darragh quite often has a pop at our players, manager and ex staffers on twitter. Is that okay instead? His bills his way I suppose