Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27253
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2018, 10:57

I hardly raved about him. I thought like a lot of others there was a player in there.. It wouldn't surprise me if he went to a better level than Barnet
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh
Posts: 361
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Jun 2018, 14:09

I don't understand the Shepherd one at all. 1st choice Right Back next season all day long for me.

superposh80
Posts: 5621
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by superposh80 » 28 Jun 2018, 14:51

No chance....

Naismith.

HantsPosh
Posts: 361
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Jun 2018, 17:54

Really? A guy who you haven’t seen play and who got relegated from the SPL last season.......guess he’s an Evans signing though so is guaranteed to start like the rest of them

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5380
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by Chompy » 28 Jun 2018, 17:55

Of course Naismith.

Not even open to question.

Hence Shep was told he'd be back up. Basic!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27253
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2018, 17:58

HantsPosh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:54
Really? A guy who you haven’t seen play and who got relegated from the SPL last season.......guess he’s an Evans signing though so is guaranteed to start like the rest of them
You really don't want to give him a chance do you. According to information I have read he was the third best full back in Scotland last year. It's a big step up from the pub league but I imagine he must be close to National recognition.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh
Posts: 361
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Jun 2018, 22:31

Chompy wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:55
Of course Naismith.

Not even open to question.

Hence Shep was told he'd be back up. Basic!
Thank you for proving my point for me, you can go back to the chanting and hero worship now

HantsPosh
Posts: 361
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Jun 2018, 22:37

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:58
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:54
Really? A guy who you haven’t seen play and who got relegated from the SPL last season.......guess he’s an Evans signing though so is guaranteed to start like the rest of them
You really don't want to give him a chance do you. According to information I have read he was the third best full back in Scotland last year. It's a big step up from the pub league but I imagine he must be close to National recognition.
No I don’t as all he’s done so far is fail & blame everyone else. And if Naismith really was the 3rd best Full back in Scotland last year why is he signing for us? Surely he’d be a target for Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs or Hearts who are all bigger clubs than a League One Club with gates of 5-6,000.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27253
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2018, 23:02

HantsPosh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 22:37

No I don’t as all he’s done so far is fail & blame everyone else. And if Naismith really was the 3rd best Full back in Scotland last year why is he signing for us? Surely he’d be a target for Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs or Hearts who are all bigger clubs than a League One Club with gates of 5-6,000.
I can understand some people not liking him for his past record at Boston, but I am more than prepared to give him a chance to see what he can do with his own players. If he fails I'll come down on your side but until then I will give him a chance. Obviously you are not prepared to do that. I do hope you will eat some humble pie if he makes a sucess of things, and not just continue with your abuse of him until he fails.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

superposh80
Posts: 5621
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by superposh80 » 29 Jun 2018, 04:32

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:58
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 17:54
Really? A guy who you haven’t seen play and who got relegated from the SPL last season.......guess he’s an Evans signing though so is guaranteed to start like the rest of them
You really don't want to give him a chance do you. According to information I have read he was the third best full back in Scotland last year. It's a big step up from the pub league but I imagine he must be close to National recognition.
I thought Shepherd was poor.

He was a walking red card last season...and struggled to time his tackle. We were getting targeted down our right hand side and I was surprised Evans didn't have him on the out list.

The fact he's gone to Forest Green says it all

john316z
Posts: 2192
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by john316z » 29 Jun 2018, 09:43

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 23:02
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 22:37

No I don’t as all he’s done so far is fail & blame everyone else. And if Naismith really was the 3rd best Full back in Scotland last year why is he signing for us? Surely he’d be a target for Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs or Hearts who are all bigger clubs than a League One Club with gates of 5-6,000.
I can understand some people not liking him for his past record at Boston, but I am more than prepared to give him a chance to see what he can do with his own players. If he fails I'll come down on your side but until then I will give him a chance. Obviously you are not prepared to do that. I do hope you will eat some humble pie if he makes a sucess of things, and not just continue with your abuse of him until he fails.
Well said bristle. Not often we agree on much but we all want success for Posh and none of us have perfect pasts. Look at Fergie and McCann for that. If it's down to Evans being unsuccessful as a manager I don't get this either as look at his promotion record. Equally looking at Evans at Posh.... Nobody really thought we were capable of getting promotion did they?

HantsPosh
Posts: 361
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Jun 2018, 18:01

If I was ‘abusing’ Evans I’m sure the mods would be getting the delete button out pretty sharpish and quite rightly. He already has failed once, statement of fact not abuse.

As you didn’t dispute my comment about Naismith not being picked up by one of the bigger clubs in Scotland if he’s that good, I’m guessing we agree on something at least.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5380
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by Chompy » 29 Jun 2018, 18:44

He left Scotland because he felt it was the right time to have a go in England.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 16664
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by ashman » 01 Jul 2018, 09:29

'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 1392
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Jul 2018, 09:31

ashman wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 09:29
Good star - Chris Forester.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/abe ... s-in-cork/
Start even.

He'll murder it u there albeit cohn aren't exactly celtic

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests