Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by ashman » 04 Jul 2018, 08:52

Chompy wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 01:13
You know Brad Inman and Calum Chettle are two different players right?
Oops. Apologies. Got that mixed up a touch.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Players DEFINITELY LEFT

Post by ashman » 10 Jul 2018, 07:22

Now confirmed. Thanks Tayls, never to be forgotten.

https://www.wellingtonphoenix.com/news/ ... ted-legend

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 10 Jul 2018, 09:49

I get that Steven Taylor can make a difference at L1 level but this might be pushing it...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... e-playoffs

Brianposh

Re: Transfer RUMOURS OUT

Post by Brianposh » 13 Jul 2018, 18:57

Morias gone to Cobblers for undisclosed fee.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 14 Jul 2018, 09:41

I so hope the lad does well, he deserves it of only for the wonderful attitude he showed last summer and his commitment shown throughout his time here. But still can't see him being a 20 goal striker even in L1, perhaps half of that ?
Miller on the other hand, with the polar opposite attitude, certainly off the pitch I can see doing really well if he gets head in gear. An interesting couple to follow this season.
Good luck though junior, you rip the league up lad

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jul 2018, 09:48

bettingbill wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 09:41
I so hope the lad does well, he deserves it of only for the wonderful attitude he showed last summer and his commitment shown throughout his time here. But still can't see him being a 20 goal striker even in L1, perhaps half of that ?
Miller on the other hand, with the polar opposite attitude, certainly off the pitch I can see doing really well if he gets head in gear. An interesting couple to follow this season.
Good luck though junior, you rip the league up lad
He's in League Two so stands a good chance of helping The Cobblers up the table.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 14 Jul 2018, 09:54

I'm hoping he helps them down the table...Like most good Posh fans should.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Jul 2018, 12:23

superposh80 wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 09:54
Point taken. I'll amend that. I hope he scores a hat trick tree or four times next season but the combined Cobblers defence manage to let in four each of those games!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 14 Jul 2018, 21:26

superposh80 wrote:
its never occurred to me that to be a "good Posh fan" that I should wish ill upon a local rival, or indeed any other club. It's never occurred to me either that anybody should feel they know best as to how I should behave and react.

As I've been a " good posh fan" since the midland league days, I feel that i have nearly got the hang of it by now. I want Posh to do well. End of, as some wise people might say.

I would always want Posh to do well and to do better than any other club, but never would I wish a local rival any badness . for a start it helps Posh's coffers to have Cobblers Fans , or those of other local clubs, coming to London Road. It also makes it easier for Peterborough based fans to support their club at near local grounds. It also adds good spice to local derbies. Friendly rivalry is always healthy,
I would be delighted to see Cobblers and Imps and others get promoted alongside us, especially if we finish above them, and beat them when we play them

To wish them ill does not serve any purpose, certainly none that I had grown out of by the third form.

Still, we are a broad church,

the more comment I read on this website , then the more I understand that.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Jul 2018, 22:42

trevormans wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 21:26
superposh80 wrote:
its never occurred to me that to be a "good Posh fan" that I should wish ill upon a local rival, or indeed any other club. It's never occurred to me either that anybody should feel they know best as to how I should behave and react.

As I've been a " good posh fan" since the midland league days, I feel that i have nearly got the hang of it by now. I want Posh to do well. End of, as some wise people might say.

I would always want Posh to do well and to do better than any other club, but never would I wish a local rival any badness . for a start it helps Posh's coffers to have Cobblers Fans , or those of other local clubs, coming to London Road. It also makes it easier for Peterborough based fans to support their club at near local grounds. It also adds good spice to local derbies. Friendly rivalry is always healthy,
I would be delighted to see Cobblers and Imps and others get promoted alongside us, especially if we finish above them, and beat them when we play them

To wish them ill does not serve any purpose, certainly none that I had grown out of by the third form.

You are far too sensible when it comes to matters of football, shame about your political allegencies
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

stuie

Post by stuie » 15 Jul 2018, 20:27

trevormans wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 21:26
superposh80 wrote:

:stupid: gpwm
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 16 Jul 2018, 18:06

Danny Lloyd to Salford City confirmed on Club Twitter.

Evans you are killing this club, the ultimate cheque book computer game manager. GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW, it’s OUR club not your plaything

tooposhforwords

Post by tooposhforwords » 16 Jul 2018, 18:10

HantsPosh wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 18:06

Evans you are killing this club, the ultimate cheque book computer game manager. GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW, it’s OUR club not your plaything
Did you ever see him play?

Nothing more than a bottom-half League 2 footballer.
Last edited by tooposhforwords on 16 Jul 2018, 18:14, edited 3 times in total.

john316z

Post by john316z » 16 Jul 2018, 18:12

HantsPosh wrote:

Care to explain why? Why would a L1 player drop to non league? Strange decision by the player but then again he was an impact plauer last season and can't see him being anything else this. Good luck to him though

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 16 Jul 2018, 18:15

HantsPosh wrote:

Think you need the Cobblers forum pal, coz you're obviously not a Posh fan.

Had a good first season but don't see much scope for improvement and never really impressed as a starter, only as an impact sub. Touch not great either. That's something that's hard to improve upon.

Better available.

Also it's back in his neck of the woods. Don't blame him at all.

I'm now off to take all the 5-1 Salford I can get for the National League.
Last edited by Chompy on 16 Jul 2018, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.