Post by john316z » 13 May 2018, 14:17

Wycliffe wrote:
13 May 2018, 09:14
DaveLister wrote:
13 May 2018, 09:04
Chompy wrote:
12 May 2018, 17:28
Haha, good to blame everyone else Jack.

Guess he thinks his endless string of mistakes should have made him the main man in SE's plans?

Culture of failure is about to vanish, along with Mr Baldwin and the other gutless show ponies.
:lol: Less than a year ago, you and superposh were telling us Baldwin was the new Bobby Moore. The likes of Ashman could see he was a weekly accident waiting to happen.
tbf I defended him until it became impossible.
I know it sounds daft but without his mistakes he'd be a good player.
Decent in the air, good tackler and whilst his distribution is overall poor recently he reduced his attempts to replicate Beckenbaeur and for the better.

However he does need to go and I think he'll become a good player somewhere else, he has time on his side but must eradicate those avoidable mistakes, being a cracking captain (off the park) and a bloody lovely ol' boy not enough
It's funny how you can share the same opinion as Wycliffe buy the cliquers only take notice of him and not those outside the inner sanctum :wink:

Maybe I don't drink enough....

bristleposh

Re: Transfer rumours OUT

Post by bristleposh » 13 May 2018, 15:21

To be Fair Adi has only recently started posting on this forum. The content of his posts are mfar more balanced than some others that come on here but to call him part of a clique is far from correct
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

JohnC

Post by JohnC » 13 May 2018, 16:28

I posted at the start of the season that I felt Baldwin was no better than Santos, Burgess or Brisley, and I saw nothing during the course of the season to change my mind. The concern is that he shows no signs of improvement or development, and continues to make the same mistakes: poor decision-making, poor positional sense, poor execution of tackles and passes.

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 May 2018, 18:01

JohnC wrote:
13 May 2018, 16:28
I posted at the start of the season that I felt Baldwin was no better than Santos, Burgess or Brisley, and I saw nothing during the course of the season to change my mind. The concern is that he shows no signs of improvement or development, and continues to make the same mistakes: poor decision-making, poor positional sense, poor execution of tackles and passes.
Don't worry John. He is not going to be our problem from this time onwards. Evans has said that any players on contract (includes Baldwin) but immediately available for transfer will NOT play for PUFC next season.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 13 May 2018, 18:04

ashman wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:01
JohnC wrote:
Don't worry John. He is not going to be our problem from this time onwards. Evans has said that any players on contract (includes Baldwin) but immediately available for transfer will NOT play for PUFC next season.
So does that include Marcus Maddison, labelled a genius by Evans not so long ago?

ashman

Post by ashman » 13 May 2018, 18:12

DaveLister wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:04
ashman wrote:
JohnC wrote:
So does that include Marcus Maddison, labelled a genius by Evans not so long ago?
No, Marcus is one of the players on contract retained. The only one that Evans has hinted could get a call up would be Steven Taylor.

PLAYERS ON CONTRACT RETAINED

CONOR O’MALLEY
LIAM SHEPHARD
RYAN TAFAZOLLI
ANDREW HUGHES
LEONARDO DA SILVA
MARCUS MADDISON
GEORGE COOPER
GWION EDWARDS
JOE WARD
DANNY LLOYD
JACK MARRIOTT

PLAYERS ON CONTRACT BUT IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER

STEVEN TAYLOR
ALEX PENNY
JACK BALDWIN
ANTHONY GRANT
JERMAINE ANDERSON
MICHAEL DOUGHTY
CHRIS FORRESTER
BRAD INMAN
ADIL NABI
ANDREA BORG
RICKY MILLER
JUNIOR MORIAS
MORGAN PENFOLD

PLAYERS AVAILABLE FOR LOAN 2018-2019 SEASON

IDRIS KANU
JOSH TIBBETTS
LEWIS FREESTONE
SAM CARTWRIGHT
MATTY STEVENS

PLAYERS RELEASED

CALLUM CHETTLE
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z

Post by john316z » 13 May 2018, 18:13

DaveLister wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:04
ashman wrote:
JohnC wrote:
Good fish.... You know the answer to that, already covered elsewhere on here

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 May 2018, 18:29

Looking at that list of those being shipped out, I'm still wondering how much of Borg and Penfold Evans had seen to make an informed decision, I would have thought a season on loan would have been more apt.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 13 May 2018, 18:39

You wanted them in the first team this season didn't you? With Cartwright at the back?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 May 2018, 18:52

Chompy wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:39
You wanted them in the first team this season didn't you? With Cartwright at the back?
They could hardly have done worse

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 May 2018, 19:25

bristleposh wrote:
13 May 2018, 18:29
Looking at that list of those being shipped out, I'm still wondering how much of Borg and Penfold Evans had seen to make an informed decision, I would have thought a season on loan would have been more apt.
What's the point of that?

He doesn't see a future for them at the club so it makes sense to get rid.

They'll be in the final year of their contracts anyway.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 May 2018, 19:37

I do realise that not all young players progress to the first team, Borg was given a contract so somebody somewhere saw potential. We have had so many slip through our fingers over the years who have not been allowed to develop into the senior game. We are not alone, Newcastle let Maddison go, Tottenham let Livermore go, Manure have let many go who have come through at other clubs to international success, because they have much financial clout those three clubs can go out and spend millions on replacements, we can't afford to make those mistakes. If Malta U20 manager can see potential then perhaps there is a player in there, Penfold appeared to be scoring goals for fun at a lower level, perhaps the next Marriott. We have kept father with Leo, why not the others.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 May 2018, 19:48

The Malta U 20 team are probably about the same level as my local village team...As is their manager no doubt.

I think Leo is a lucky boy to be given another chance to prove himself... He's shown nothing in 100 games to suggest it's not just hype.

I reckon Evans and Darragh agreed to disagree on this one...and he's in the last chance saloon next season

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 13 May 2018, 20:31

chompy says
Culture of failure is about to vanish, along with Mr Baldwin and the other gutless show ponies.

trevor says
Grant and Taylor are gutless showponies????

chompy says
They are? news to me.

as you have made one of your sweeping statements (for which you have criticised others for making) about the "gutless show ponies" shortly about to leave, presumably because they are on the transfer list

then if Grant and Taylor are not gutless showponies , then who else on the transfer list would you exclude from the title of "gutless show ponies"

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 13 May 2018, 21:31

trevormans wrote:
13 May 2018, 20:31
chompy says

trevor says
Grant and Taylor are gutless showponies????

chompy says
They are? news to me.

as you have made one of your sweeping statements (for which you have criticised others for making) about the "gutless show ponies" shortly about to leave, presumably because they are on the transfer list

then if Grant and Taylor are not gutless showponies , then who else on the transfer list would you exclude from the title of "gutless show ponies"
Sorry but there's literally no point.