Transfer RUMOURS OUT

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Chompy

Re: Transfer RUMOURS OUT

Post by Chompy » 21 Jun 2018, 13:21

Half a millball for Hughes according to SSN.

Who said Fry wasn't a genius?

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Jun 2018, 14:46

Kanu on his way to Port Vale....

Season loan

ashman

Re: Transfer RUMOURS IN

Post by ashman » 24 Jun 2018, 20:10

superposh80 wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 18:03
Don't believe a word of it.
We're in the market for another Striker...Two if Marriott goes.
This will go to the wire...
I reckon that you are on the money with that comment, as more teams become desperate to strengthen their squads. That's ok, as we can then ask top dollar for players like Marriott and/or Maddison. The downside to that is that we would also need to replace, unless DMac and the Canadians can stump up the money beforehand. Now that would really be showing us that they are serious about going up and also gives DMac a chance to take back a few quid when we do sell at the last moment. Window closes Thursday 9th. August, just a week into the season (proper) starts!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 24 Jun 2018, 23:41

If we sell JM for £5m, which is the real figure, not the £6.5m being mentioned, then we could spend £1m on a player no problem. You're probably right though, chances are we won't. But whoever picks him up will improve significantly.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 25 Jun 2018, 07:42

Chompy wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 23:41
If we sell JM for £5m, which is the real figure, not the £6.5m being mentioned, then we could spend £1m on a player no problem. You're probably right though, chances are we won't. But whoever picks him up will improve significantly.
I agree the higher amount is not feasible, however I am not sure that £5 million is a serious 'up front' amount either.
Total making that amount perhaps although I have been consistent in my opinion that it would not surprise me if he went at all it would be very close to the season starting as with Britt or even some clubs may be happier to wait until seeing if he hits that form again and pay more in January.
The difference really wouldn't be that much and if Jack keeps scoring other clubs dare I say even bigger clubs could be interested bumping up the price attained.

I honestly don't think that either Darragh or his fellow owners would blink for one second at paying a million quid on the right player but of course DMac has been bitten previously so will be wary.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 25 Jun 2018, 09:08

I make you right with most of that. £4m plus add-ons is probably realistic.

It could well be Britt all over again in its timing - there will be some panic buying in the Champnioship in the final week of the window - but DMac will have learned from that experience and hopefully got something in place.

There's no way Eisa will be staying with Cheltenham, who are a cash-in-hand club by all accounts.

We got burned with Barnett, but we also spent over a millball on Britt and that worked out ok. Sometimes you have to pay for quality. Picking up Eisa would make us a single-figure price to win L1 from 16-1. He'd be that much of a difference maker.

If we're serious about going up, we need a bigger name up front, alongside Godden plus ANOther. Looks like Lyle Taylor is going to Sunderland. Eisa is pretty much nailed on for 20+ goals in L1 barring injury. That has to be worth a million doesn't it?

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 25 Jun 2018, 19:14

[/quote]
FFP is a factor too. I can't see us spending big bucks on one player until we've got back to the championship, and even if we were, it won't be a million on a guy from league two with one decent season behind him.
[/quote]

Very true Mr Lister, but I suspect many Championship clubs are saying the same about spending £5million on a League One Player with one decent season behind him. Yet we’ll all be disappointed if we don’t get at least that for JM.

dunc

Post by dunc » 25 Jun 2018, 23:12

I won't be disappointed if Dmac holds out for his £6mill (or whatever he will accept) and he ends up staying a further half season in League 1

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 26 Jun 2018, 00:37

I'm sure JM would be.

But apparently it's ok to hold back his career. Several Posh fans say so.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 26 Jun 2018, 05:42

dunc wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 23:12
I won't be disappointed if Dmac holds out for his £6mill (or whatever he will accept) and he ends up staying a further half season in League 1
You would be if he got injured or the goals dried up.

This is the right time to cash in...For all parties.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Jun 2018, 06:52

If DMac is unprepared to pay £1m on a player from a lower league with only one years success at the lower level, can he really expect the silly money being bandied about. £4m + add ones you are having a laugh. Gayle cost £6m a far better player and goal scorer. If Marriott stays I feel sure his stock will dwindle, especially given that he may not be afforded the space he enjoyed when he was an unknown factor earlier in the season. I don't know his statistics, because I can't be bothered to check, but it seemed to me that he scored more in the first half of the season, the goals drying up when teams worked out how to deal with his threats. I think he'll stay, but if he goes I can see a figure closer to £2m + hefty add ons. It seems highly unlikely that any teams from higher up the pyramid are prepared to take the chance on our other prize asset. As a pair I think the figure may be higher, but for a Championship side to spend a fair chunk of their budget on a pair of lower league stars would be difficult to see.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z

Post by john316z » 26 Jun 2018, 08:28

I can see how going in the panic rush in August. Not for £6m though. Love his goals to stay but in reality we should never try to block progress of any player.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 26 Jun 2018, 08:47

bristleposh wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 06:52
If DMac is unprepared to pay £1m on a player from a lower league with only one years success at the lower level, can he really expect the silly money being bandied about. £4m + add ones you are having a laugh. Gayle cost £6m a far better player and goal scorer. If Marriott stays I feel sure his stock will dwindle, especially given that he may not be afforded the space he enjoyed when he was an unknown factor earlier in the season. I don't know his statistics, because I can't be bothered to check, but it seemed to me that he scored more in the first half of the season, the goals drying up when teams worked out how to deal with his threats. I think he'll stay, but if he goes I can see a figure closer to £2m + hefty add ons. It seems highly unlikely that any teams from higher up the pyramid are prepared to take the chance on our other prize asset. As a pair I think the figure may be higher, but for a Championship side to spend a fair chunk of their budget on a pair of lower league stars would be difficult to see.
omg where to start :D

Gayle a better player?
Perhaps but JM did it over a full season for us.

JM got found out?
Or maybe the team around him started becoming poor, then awful, finishing the season woefully yet he still scored albeit not as much.

£4 mill being derided.
The fee is what a free scoring forward is worth to the buying club as much as what we want a la Britt and Dwight.
In many ways the nearer the season gets the more clubs may pay a la Britt and Dwight
fwiiw I think some clubs may wait until Jan although some clubs may blink first.

No c'ship club would come in?
So Accrington are after him then? :)
There won't be a div 1 club so who will buy him?
Are you saying nobody will want him or is there a specific price you reckon will be the clincher?

They may be sold as a pair?
Nah. I will be astonished if MM goes anywhere

Dare I say a pretty ill thought out post when all things are considered.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Jun 2018, 13:04

It's all about opinions Adi yours are usually right, apart from with bloody Stella!!!!
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bettingbill

Post by bettingbill » 26 Jun 2018, 18:11

dunc wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 23:12
Maybe not but Marriot will.

I dont care how big a team player he is, how wonderful his attitude is, if DM blocks a move to any championship club of note and does so because they dont meet his price tag, or worse are 10/20% off, how enthused, how incentivised and committed does anyone think our talisman will be next season?

He has to go whether it's for 3,4,5, 6M and hopefully for us it will be nearer the latter end of those figures but can honestly see it being a lot less