Transfer RUMOURS OUT

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Transfer rumours OUT

Post by superposh80 » 31 May 2018, 21:53

He may think he's going to Leeds.. but are they going to be prepared to pay what we want for him?

All these "Millions" we're supposed to be asking for M & M...Are there any clubs out there willing to pay so much for a couple of league one players?

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 01 Jun 2018, 20:47

superposh80 wrote:
31 May 2018, 21:53
He may think he's going to Leeds.. but are they going to be prepared to pay what we want for him?

All these "Millions" we're supposed to be asking for M & M...Are there any clubs out there willing to pay so much for a couple of league one players?
Leeds sacked their manager today. Whoever replaces him may have different ideas as to who he wants to sign.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Jun 2018, 21:34

PoshCynic wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 20:47
superposh80 wrote:
31 May 2018, 21:53

Leeds sacked their manager today. Whoever replaces him may have different ideas as to who he wants to sign.
Maybe that's why he was sacked :D

Chompy

Re: Transfer RUMOURS OUT

Post by Chompy » 02 Jun 2018, 10:10

Maddison to Sunderland is the latest rumour doing the rounds.

The argument about selling to a rival doesn't apply, as Sunderland won't have any genuine rivals in L1 this season.

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Jun 2018, 11:06

Would be a safe move for him although a fairly negative one imho. Would seem strange to go to a L1 club albeit only temporary since Sunderland with their parachute payments are a show in and should walk it next season

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Jun 2018, 11:12

Chompy wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:10

The argument about selling to a rival doesn't apply, as Sunderland won't have any genuine rivals in L1 this season.
So a club who (everyone reckons) will be promoted by Xmas and will then be targeting promotion to the PL want to purchase MM?

However no c'ship clubs have seriously tried to buy him as presumably they do not consider him good enough, when I say good enough that is not questioning his skills.

The point remains.
I have been quite consistent he'll not be leaving LR anytime soon and we may well see him at the start of the season although how much he'll play may be a different question.

john316z

Post by john316z » 02 Jun 2018, 12:46

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 11:12
Chompy wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 10:10

So a club who (everyone reckons) will be promoted by Xmas and will then be targeting promotion to the PL want to purchase MM?

However no c'ship clubs have seriously tried to buy him as presumably they do not consider him good enough, when I say good enough that is not questioning his skills.

The point remains.
I have been quite consistent he'll not be leaving LR anytime soon and we may well see him at the start of the season although how much he'll play may be a different question.
If the rumour is true (and possibly unlikely), nothing to stop Sunderland buying him to get them promoted ad then deciding if he's good enough in the Championship then. All clubs will strengthen this season and then replace players once promoted. After Evan is building a side to get us out of L1 but many may not be good enough for the Championship

Maddison may still come good at a higher stage, but if he stays and behaves like Boyd instead of Tomlin then we'll benefit. If he sulks (and he does have form) then we're buggered :lol:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jun 2018, 16:11

Only a stupid one, although this is the rumours thread, I've seen on twitter that Port Vale are after both Junior and Dusty
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Jun 2018, 18:06

bristleposh wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 16:11
Only a stupid one, although this is the rumours thread, I've seen on twitter that Port Vale are after both Junior and Dusty
Probably not that stupid if PV have suddenly got some dosh, they've been dying on their feet for the last 5 years.
Methinks robbie williams needs a world wide tour again.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Jun 2018, 14:46

Wycliffe wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 18:06
bristleposh wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 16:11
Probably not that stupid if PV have suddenly got some dosh, they've been dying on their feet for the last 5 years.
Methinks robbie williams needs a world wide tour again.
Hopefully they've got enough to at least take Miller off our hands.

He's a liability on and off the pitch and let's just be thankful that there's someone out there showing an interest in him.

Morias was a trier and has shown enough to suggest that he's worth a punt at a league two club...Which to be fair is tops for him.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Jun 2018, 15:15

superposh80 wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 14:46

Morias was a trier and has shown enough to suggest that he's worth a punt at a league two club...Which to be fair is tops for him.
...and a lovely man too. A true story about him and his connection to the fans, a friend of mine was at the away day at Wimbledon on my birthday last year, making his way to the ground my friend managed to make contact with a bit of raised pavement and managed to connect his face with another part. First on the scene was Junior, he rang for an ambulance and stayed with my friend until the ambulance arrived. Not many of the nations footballers would have put himself out so much for one of his supporters.

Well done Junior :clap: :clap2: :clap:
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Jun 2018, 15:23

bristleposh wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 15:15
superposh80 wrote:

...and a lovely man too. A true story about him and his connection to the fans, a friend of mine was at the away day at Wimbledon on my birthday last year, making his way to the ground my friend managed to make contact with a bit of raised pavement and managed to connect his face with another part. First on the scene was Junior, he rang for an ambulance and stayed with my friend until the ambulance arrived. Not many of the nations footballers would have put himself out so much for one of his supporters.

Well done indeed, I think you would be genuinely surprised how many footballers would have done the same. Probably the same % as the general population.

john316z

Post by john316z » 03 Jun 2018, 15:29

bristleposh wrote:
superposh80 wrote:

He always seemed a good guy from the stands. Always seemed genuinely pleased to be at Posh. Would've loved him to succeed. I wonder what would've happened if he hadn't got injured
Last edited by john316z on 03 Jun 2018, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 03 Jun 2018, 15:45

Or if Uncle Grant hadn't played him in midfield...

Junior is the only one of those going out the door whose career I'll keep an eye on. Like SP says, he's a real trier and very easy to pull for.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 03 Jun 2018, 18:41

john316z wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 15:29
bristleposh wrote:
superposh80 wrote:

He always seemed a good guy from the stands. Always seemed genuinely pleased to be at Posh. Would've loved him to succeed. I wonder what would've happened if he hadn't got injured
A good guy maybe...but not good enough.

Those two strikes against Wigan the highlight of his Posh career but it was never going to last once Evans walked in the door.

A holding midfielder role at Barnsley we think? ...