Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Poshies v Fleetwood

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Apr 2018, 16:32

Chompy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9tGNDF ... e=youtu.be

Absolutely love this guy. Tells the truth and is never dull.

We all knew things were screwed behind the scenes before he came in didn't we?

I'd do exactly the same. Tell the fans what's really been going on. Stop treating us like mugs. We've had that for far too long.
Probably your funniest post ever, wow you really are smitten with Uncle Stevie aren’t you :D :D

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 18:26

Stay positive...

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 01 May 2018, 07:34

Chompy wrote:

I'd do exactly the same. Tell the fans what's really been going on. Stop treating us like mugs. We've had that for far too long.
"This is the best squad I have ever taken over"

" Grant is a club legend and has left me a great deal to work with and be successfull"

I have no axe to grind with Evans but he is now bemoaning the strength of the club (he ain't wrong btw) and slagging off his predecessor after stating at the Q n' A he would not.

Semantics will be used to say the above words were not lies but mistakes.
Either way he'd have been better off to state he needed to look at the squad before pontificating and should have continued his obviously false kind words about Grant.

He is a pretty erudite conveyor of his views so he could have easily avoided being accused of being contradictory.

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 01 May 2018, 08:11

Wycliffe wrote:
01 May 2018, 07:34
Chompy wrote:

" Grant is a club legend and has left me a great deal to work with and be successfull"

I have no axe to grind with Evans but he is now bemoaning the strength of the club (he ain't wrong btw) and slagging off his predecessor after stating at the Q n' A he would not.

Either way he'd have been better off to state he needed to look at the squad before pontificating and should have continued his obviously false kind words about Grant.

He is a pretty erudite conveyor of his views so he could have easily avoided being accused of being contradictory.
GPWM

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 May 2018, 08:42

Wycliffe wrote:
" Grant is a club legend and has left me a great deal to work with and be successful"
For many, too little too late I'm afraid. That is why so many are questioning his appointment - that, his veiled criticism of his predecessor, his histrionics from the touchline and the even worse level of football being played, plus the results that have been achieved since he took over.
He won the first two games (preceding manager effect? :) ) and in the following 9 games he has managed to pick up just 8 points. We were in the playoffs and in 5th place after Posh's most successful manager ever (Dave Oldfield!) had presided over snowfest and we are now 8th, two places outside the playoffs.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 May 2018, 09:06

ashman wrote:
01 May 2018, 08:42
Wycliffe wrote:
" Grant is a club legend and has left me a great deal to work with and be successful"
For many, too little too late I'm afraid. That is why so many are questioning his appointment - that, his veiled criticism of his predecessor, his histrionics from the touchline and the even worse level of football being played, plus the results that have been achieved since he took over.
He won the first two games (preceding manager effect? :) ) and in the following 9 games he has managed to pick up just 8 points. We were in the playoffs and in 5th place after Posh's most successful manager ever (Dave Oldfield!) had presided over snowfest and we are now 8th, two places outside the playoffs.
He was hardly going to come in with us flirting with the play offs and say otherwise was he? I'm not keen on him slagging off Grant but in effect Darragh has paved the way for that already by making the change and the reasons behind it.

The idea of us being in a worse position ignores the fact that our run in was bloody difficult and that is being overlooked by the haters. Time to out this season to bed and start judging Evans next season.

I'd argue that the football is no better but worse that what we all watched for most of the season. Think you're being deliberately blinkered there Ashman.

All that said I think Evans could have done better but the fact we throw away games too often implies some of players are a bit spineless. That will change for sure. For all his critics will love to moan. Being spineless won't be one of the them

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 May 2018, 09:10

...and it's still Peterborough United, no player, manager, owner even is bigger than the club. He won't be here forever, the fans will. So let's all forget his past and support him, if we don't get promoted next year then his stay will probably not be a long one.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 01 May 2018, 09:58

Wycliffe wrote:
Chompy wrote:

What would you expect him to say when he walks in the building? Cone on wycliffe, you're way more perceptive than most on here (not saying a lot).

It's a bit like when the judges on the 15th series of X Factor tell an average singer they blew them away and have star potential.

SE knew, as the rest of us did, that this squad was massively flawed and was never going to make the play-offs. Some of us went on record here a couple of months ago saying as much. But of course he's going to give it all a positive spin in the early days.

As for ciriticising McCann, I'd have gone a step further and publicly slated the previous three lolmanagers. They're the reason the squad's in the state it is.

SE is a proven manager who's not here to win make friends, and I'm sure he doesn't give a flying *&*& what the haters are making of his work.

Why can't you all just give him a summer and a dozen games next season?

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 May 2018, 11:17

bristleposh wrote:
01 May 2018, 09:10
...and it's still Peterborough United, no player, manager, owner even is bigger than the club. He won't be here forever, the fans will. So let's all forget his past and support him, if we don't get promoted next year then his stay will probably not be a long one.
Well said. we all want success don't we? Don't we? I do for certain... Any cost - will happily sacrifice a bit of the beautiful game (that we flirted with briefly under Fergie and not since) if he can achieve it

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 May 2018, 11:58

john316z wrote:
01 May 2018, 11:17
we all want success don't we? Don't we?
Of course we do.
Including Ashman who says it as he sees it. Just because he's a mod doesn't stop him having an opinion.
Being happy never goes out of style

john316z

Post by john316z » 01 May 2018, 12:18

ashman wrote:
01 May 2018, 08:42
That is why so many are questioning his appointment
The haters were doing this way before he was appointed with comments on this forum, and not removed along the lines of "fatty", "crook", "criminal". This is an appointment that some fans seem unwilling to accept

I'm glad he's here and it is fun seeing the haters post their latest vitriol and everything he gets wrong. They seem to be in a quandary over wanting him out vs wanting (I hope) Posh to win... Damned if we win, damned if we lose... :lol:

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 May 2018, 12:33

tonyp wrote:
01 May 2018, 11:58
john316z wrote:
01 May 2018, 11:17
we all want success don't we? Don't we?
Of course we do.
Including Ashman who says it as he sees it. Just because he's a mod doesn't stop him having an opinion.
..... of course we all want success because we are all Posh fans, I hope. The tide has turned with certain individuals who previously slated GM, now getting right behind SE and rightly so. Those who wanted Grant to carry on are obviously looking for chinks in SE's armour to back up their thoughts. There is nothing wrong with either stance, but any derogatory comments that are targeted towards forum individuals or club officials will be deleted.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'