Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

john316z

Re: Blackburn v Posh

Post by john316z » 20 Apr 2018, 18:03

ashman wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 17:25
Chompy wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 10:46
It really doesn't matter what happens on the pitch tbh. Some have already made their minds up about SE and are not for budging.
I assume you mean you and SP80?
Count me in. Evans' track record determines that. We'll wait and see.... Let's hope we're right and the haters are wrong. If we're right Posh do well. If the tinters are right we'll be all watching the imposters, Wobblers and the scum.

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 Apr 2018, 22:16

bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:11
john316z wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:56

It didn't seem much different to Blackburn at home. We capitulated when Dack destroyed us as well. Just a different class in my view and we couldn't handle them in the 2nd half of both games
It may not have been, Dack is quality but Grant had him contained and would have continued had the tactics not changed. Like it or not the change of formation lost us that game.
True that!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Apr 2018, 06:53

superposh80 wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 06:32
bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:11
john316z wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:56

It didn't seem much different to Blackburn at home. We capitulated when Dack destroyed us as well. Just a different class in my view and we couldn't handle them in the 2nd half of both games
It may not have been, Dack is quality but Grant had him contained and would have continued had the tactics not changed. Like it or not the change of formation lost us that game.
No it didn't.

Individual errors cost us the game...as well as a lack of mentality and game management.

It's been happening all season regardless of formation or opposition. .27 points lost from winning positions which is the worst stat in the division.

As soon as Dack equalised it was just a case of how many because you knew we'd crumble. Had the game gone on a there 10 minutes they'd have scored 6

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Apr 2018, 07:40

I won't bother trying to quote that, you have your opinion I have mine. There were individual mistakes in that first half too, but because we had three at the back, two covering midfielders with speed down both flanks we were able to contain those errors, there were some catastrophic one especially down their left flank where poor old Leo was targeted as the weak link, so easy to spot even by ignorant fans like me, but not by our last half a dozen managers. We may well have been even more secure with Shepperd at right back, we'll never know, what hindsight or (as Chompy calls it) aftertiming can tell us is that when Edwards was switched to a different role at the start of the second half our match went south.
I am quite happy with Evans as manager, because he is our manager, I don't care about his past misdemeanours or his past records, he is ours and deserves our support, but I assume that Edwards did decide by himself to move to the right side of a midfield four, and Highes from central defence to left back. Cooper who had had a superb first half was lost to the game and Grant and Doughty were overrun in the middle of the field. Yes overall they would have blown us away, but in the first half we were the most dominate side.
We seem to have improved so much in that first half that I for one certainly wouldn't have been able to find a place in that team for our magical talisman, Cooper filled the position, managed to hit the target with probably one of our best free kicks in over two seasons, and but got some terrible referring decisions, the two penalties and the sending off, may well have given us the result the first half performance deserved
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 21 Apr 2018, 08:59

bristleposh wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 07:40
I won't bother trying to quote that, you have your opinion I have mine. There were individual mistakes in that first half too, but because we had three at the back, two covering midfielders with speed down both flanks we were able to contain those errors, there were some catastrophic one especially down their left flank where poor old Leo was targeted as the weak link, so easy to spot even by ignorant fans like me, but not by our last half a dozen managers. We may well have been even more secure with Shepperd at right back, we'll never know, what hindsight or (as Chompy calls it) aftertiming can tell us is that when Edwards was switched to a different role at the start of the second half our match went south.
I am quite happy with Evans as manager, because he is our manager, I don't care about his past misdemeanours or his past records, he is ours and deserves our support, but I assume that Edwards did decide by himself to move to the right side of a midfield four, and Highes from central defence to left back. Cooper who had had a superb first half was lost to the game and Grant and Doughty were overrun in the middle of the field. Yes overall they would have blown us away, but in the first half we were the most dominate side.
We seem to have improved so much in that first half that I for one certainly wouldn't have been able to find a place in that team for our magical talisman, Cooper filled the position, managed to hit the target with probably one of our best free kicks in over two seasons, and but got some terrible referring decisions, the two penalties and the sending off, may well have given us the result the first half performance deserved
It's all ifs and buts and at the end of the day, no excuses, we were well beaten by a better side. Worrying for me is the tactical decisions in recent matches that Evans keeps making then admits he made the wrong decision. I have never been one of his greatest admirers,but was willing to give the man a chance.With the young inexperience players we have,I thought he might at least be able to bring some stability and consistency within the club,but to be perfectly honest I have seen no difference since he took over from McCann. The football is certainly no more entertaining.The players are still being played out of position and the results have still been poor. Apart from the Charlton game. We have scrapped wins against the two worst clubs in the league and been average to poor against the rest. I have to admit that I was expecting Evans to at least make some sort of impression since his appointment,but it hasn't happened. I wonder whether the problem lies deeper within the club. Only time will tell,but this season like many others over the past 4-5 seasons has been another big disappointment. Even more so when you consider the standard of football played in this league and the quality of some of the teams in it. Its a very poor league with many average teams and unfortunately we fit into that category.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Apr 2018, 09:18

bristleposh wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 07:40

i like cooper...he's got a future and will be a replacement for maddison, if there is such a thing.

there's no way he'd keep him out of the side though...ask jack marriott who he'd rather have playing and how many of his goals he credits to marcus this season.

take those two out of this side and we'd have been close to the drop.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 21 Apr 2018, 09:23

Forget this season.

Even the haters owe Evans a summer window and ten games next term before drawing conclusions.

Yawl should realise that the sooner you mentally take a back seat and just enjoy the ride without all the armchair management, the better it gets.

There is literally nothing you can do about anything that's coming over the next three months, so why sweat it?

Asode from that, if you couldn't see our future in the first-half performance here, then there's not much hope.

den9112

Post by den9112 » 21 Apr 2018, 17:44

One of the best teams we have come up against this season , you totaly dominated the first half ....
Lets hope you play the same against the Shrews and get a few goals ...

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 21 Apr 2018, 19:32

den9112 wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 17:44
One of the best teams we have come up against this season , you totaly dominated the first half ....
Lets hope you play the same against the Shrews and get a few goals ...
Our season is done now...so I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Shrewsbury.

We'll probably take the lead and chuck it all in late in the game though.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 22 Apr 2018, 08:12

Chompy wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 09:23
Yawl should realise that the sooner you mentally take a back seat and just enjoy the ride without all the armchair management, the better it gets.

There is literally nothing you can do about anything that's coming over the next three months, so why sweat it?
Exactly what I said to my 8 year old Grandaughter. There is nothing we can do or say that will make a difference. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH