Blackburn v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

superposh80

Re: Blackburn v Posh

Post by superposh80 » 20 Apr 2018, 12:03

Any little hole in Evans and the likes of Ashman is going to pick it....

What he fails to mention is that once Blackburn raised their game in the second half and many of our lads...."The fittest group we have had in years" according to McCann...started to buckle, the match was done.

In the end...class told and we don't have enough of it.

Evans will try and rectify that in the summer...only if he can get rid of many of the duds Grant brought in the door.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 20 Apr 2018, 12:30

superposh80 wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 12:03

What he fails to mention is that once Blackburn raised their game in the second half and many of our lads...."The fittest group we have had in years" according to McCann...started to buckle, the match was done.

Evans will try and rectify that in the summer...only if he can get rid of many of the duds Grant brought in the door.
Getting rid is going to prove a major stumbling block and I imagine our chairman will want excessive transfer fees for some of his so called world beaters when quite honestly they are worth Jack S**t

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Apr 2018, 13:21

Chompy wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 10:46
It really doesn't matter what happens on the pitch tbh. Some have already made their minds up about SE and are not for budging.

Fortunately, the two people that really count, DMac and Steve E, both realise the only problem is with the squad and its lack of quality throughout.
Yep you are 100% correct, some of you have pinned your colours to Uncle Stevie’s mast regardless of 11 points from 9 games, 3 defeats in a row and only 1 win in 7 games v the Wobblers which was all down to LDSL according to DMac anyway.

Under McCann you claimed on several occasions that the squad was good enough but were being mismanaged, however now that Uncle Stevie is being shown up for the fraud he is it’s the players who aren’t good enough?!?! So which is it? Maybe you or the 2 other members of We Love Uncle Stevie Club will actually answer this question as it’s been asked of you all numerous times.

If he is such a good coach then he should be able to improve players and make them more consistent surely? He’s nothing but a cheque book manager who makes more personell and formation changes than Westley did which takes some doing.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 20 Apr 2018, 13:37

Maybe take irksome anti-Evans vendetta elsewhere? You're obviously not a Posh fan.

john316z

Post by john316z » 20 Apr 2018, 14:32

superposh80 wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 09:16
john316z wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 07:13
That sounds like licence to give King Stevie a new sqquad. Of course we need to get rid of the dead wood first as per usual
...And who's going to want our deadwood John?

We've still got some of Westley's from 2 years ago so flogging off McCann's could take simular time.

The majority of this squad need to go.
That was my point really.... A new squad is needed but as always we'll have to shift out a load first. It's the economics of our club

john316z

Post by john316z » 20 Apr 2018, 14:41

HantsPosh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 13:21
Chompy wrote:
It really doesn't matter what happens on the pitch tbh. Some have already made their minds up about SE and are not for budging.

Fortunately, the two people that really count, DMac and Steve E, both realise the only problem is with the squad and its lack of quality throughout.
Yep you are 100% correct, some of you have pinned your colours to Uncle Stevie’s mast regardless of 11 points from 9 games, 3 defeats in a row and only 1 win in 7 games v the Wobblers which was all down to LDSL according to DMac anyway.

Under McCann you claimed on several occasions that the squad was good enough but were being mismanaged, however now that Uncle Stevie is being shown up for the fraud he is it’s the players who aren’t good enough?!?! So which is it? Maybe you or the 2 other members of We Love Uncle Stevie Club will actually answer this question as it’s been asked of you all numerous times.

If he is such a good coach then he should be able to improve players and make them more consistent surely? He’s nothing but a cheque book manager who makes more personell and formation changes than Westley did which takes some doing.
Lipstick on a pig is still a pig. You can't make good out of bad.

There you go again on Leo, but never have a go at players like Doughty.... Hmmm I wonder if that's the 70s culture kicking in :wink:

You've decided all along that he's a bad un for whatever reason.... I've always thought the squad was good enough but lacked balls.... This season has proved that right. I'd rather have a team fight and lose than not at all. Evans is here to stay get used to it or go and follow someone else (which might be your true colours anyway). There doesn't seem to be much Posh positives in anything you comment on

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2018, 14:46

superposh80 wrote:

Last night Evans had the team playing brilliantly until half time, whether Blackburn upped their game or not the fact that we changed to a flat back four with Leo as our right back was our undoing. Nothing to do with the players not being good enough, in the first half we were tearing their midfield a new one. Grant had his pocket searched at half time for Dack who had been hiding in their all half.
I'm not saying we'd have won had we persisted with three at the back but we certainly capitulated after half time. I hope Evans is a success but he didn't shown much nous last night. Bring on the close season, but these useless lumps as you would refer to them, most are not going anywhere. I imagine both Taylor and Grant have got at least another year on their contracts. Ward, Kanu, Lloyd and Morias will all have at least a year too, maybe longer. The only ones for the chop will be Marriott and Maddison and the majority of those out on loan. Although I have no doubt he may want to look at a couple of those before he shows them the door, paying up their contracts will not come cheap.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z

Post by john316z » 20 Apr 2018, 14:56

bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:46
superposh80 wrote:

Last night Evans had the team playing brilliantly until half time, whether Blackburn upped their game or not the fact that we changed to a flat back four with Leo as our right back was our undoing. Nothing to do with the players not being good enough, in the first half we were tearing their midfield a new one. Grant had his pocket searched at half time for Dack who had been hiding in their all half.
I'm not saying we'd have won had we persisted with three at the back but we certainly capitulated after half time. I hope Evans is a success but he didn't shown much nous last night. Bring on the close season, but these useless lumps as you would refer to them, most are not going anywhere. I imagine both Taylor and Grant have got at least another year on their contracts. Ward, Kanu, Lloyd and Morias will all have at least a year too, maybe longer. The only ones for the chop will be Marriott and Maddison and the majority of those out on loan. Although I have no doubt he may want to look at a couple of those before he shows them the door, paying up their contracts will not come cheap.
It didn't seem much different to Blackburn at home. We capitulated when Dack destroyed us as well. Just a different class in my view and we couldn't handle them in the 2nd half of both games

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Apr 2018, 15:05

Yep saying LDSL is overrated is clearly racist, wow we really are clutching at straws aren’t we?

Don’t ever recall the chairman hyping up Doughty at every available opportunity do you, no me neither but hey never mind.........

And as for Chompy saying not rating Uncle Stevie means I can’t be a Posh Fan.........Comedy Gold right there from the ‘Posh Fan’ who slated McCann constantly, along with Gormley, Miller, Baldwin etc etc....oh and let’s not forget the true Posh Fan wanting us to lose.

Consider your auditions to replace the Chuckle Brothers as 100% successful

:clap: :clap:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2018, 15:11

john316z wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:56

It didn't seem much different to Blackburn at home. We capitulated when Dack destroyed us as well. Just a different class in my view and we couldn't handle them in the 2nd half of both games
It may not have been, Dack is quality but Grant had him contained and would have continued had the tactics not changed. Like it or not the change of formation lost us that game.

john316z

Post by john316z » 20 Apr 2018, 15:12

HantsPosh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:05
Yep saying LDSL is overrated is clearly racist, wow we really are clutching at straws aren’t we?

Don’t ever recall the chairman hyping up Doughty at every available opportunity do you, no me neither but hey never mind.........

And as for Chompy saying not rating Uncle Stevie means I can’t be a Posh Fan.........Comedy Gold right there from the ‘Posh Fan’ who slated McCann constantly, along with Gormley, Miller, Baldwin etc etc....oh and let’s not forget the true Posh Fan wanting us to lose.

Consider your auditions to replace the Chuckle Brothers as 100% successful

:clap: :clap:
I'll take your response as agreement... Given you didn't deny any of them.... :shock: Enjoy L2 with your Wobblers

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 20 Apr 2018, 15:34

bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:11
john316z wrote:

It may not have been, Dack is quality but Grant had him contained and would have continued had the tactics not changed. Like it or not the change of formation lost us that game.
Lol. Armchair managers are awesome!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2018, 15:45

Chompy wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:34
bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:11
john316z wrote:

Lol. Armchair managers are awesome!
Your eyesight let you down last night. We could have had at least two penalties before half time, had they been at the other end they definitely would have been given. At 3-0 up even Evans couldn't have f@@ked it up. You have your opinions, I had mine why try and belittle other people.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 20 Apr 2018, 17:04

bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:46
superposh80 wrote:

Marriott and Maddison will be sold.

I'd keep Taylor but not Grant.

Morias Lloyd Ward and Kanu are not good enough for a team chasing promotion....They're non league players and that's where they belong

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 Apr 2018, 17:25

Chompy wrote:
I assume you mean you and SP80?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'