Summer business

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bettingbill
Posts: 106
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 07:58

Re: Summer business

Post by bettingbill » 23 Apr 2018, 19:01

Did I read that Leo's contract runs out in the summer, which if true staggers me after the continual droolings of Mr Chairman.

Without contributing to a pay off or partial pay up of contracts though many other's, Penny, Ward, Kanu, Miller, Anderson and a few more are all going to be hard to move on given DM's penchant for demanding transfer fees, and several could end up like Nabil.
If history is repeated he will then moan on and on that they don't want to or simply won't move on, but in fairness who can blame them?
If they dont however , Mr Evans transfer amd seasonal wages Kitty could shrink alarmingly.
Bearing in mind when we took Bogle on loan the chairman suggested it mortgaged us to the hilt in the financial fair play league getting rid of these players is vital to subsidise Evans spending aspirations which arw always high anywhere he goes.
Morias is I'm afraid, another one who falls into that hard to move on category. As dedicated as the lad cearly is to improving himself, I maintain, and have done all year that he is simply not good enough but who would pay other than a peppercorn fee for him?
Of all them have a sneaky suspicion that Miller, clubs wise, may be the most in demand of the above but clearly not here and unless the chairmans head comes out of the clouds, I think, based on the fact that no team will surely pay £3/£4M for MM that he will stay, and as along with Taylor he's one of our biggest earners we could actually do with both a transfer fee and having his wages being freed up but doubt it will happen.
However you would imagine there will be many suitors who would pay a decent fee for JM.
The point though, is adhering to FFP rules and the wages in doing so, it allows us to pay could impact summer rebuilding. The chances are, more than anything the numbers we off load, wages wise, will very likely determine how many players SE will and can bring in and we all know he certainly loves spending, so I expect a very busy summer.
If many of these players decide to stay put though team recruitment could be thrown into turmoil

superposh80
Posts: 5465
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: Summer business

Post by superposh80 » 23 Apr 2018, 22:53

It's not all going to happen in one summer....It could take us a season and more to shift unwanted players.

Equally...I'd expect it'll take Evans more than a season to put together the squad he wants.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 18990
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Summer business

Post by tonyp » 24 Apr 2018, 08:20

superposh80 wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 22:53
.I'd expect it'll take Evans more than a season to put together the squad he wants.
:stupid:
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5220
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Summer business

Post by Chompy » 28 Apr 2018, 17:38

I'd be happy if Grant stayed.

Be surprised if Lyle Taylor isn't back on our radar. He's out of contract in the summer and wants to play as high as possible. Not sure he's quite Championship class, so top-end L1 clubs will all be looking.

john316z
Posts: 2076
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Summer business

Post by john316z » 28 Apr 2018, 18:26

Never thought I'd say this but quite happy to see MM go. Become far too lazy and disinterested these days. Better second half but the team will benefit with a different option I'd expect. Cooper will be good enough next season. Already starting to see his potential

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5220
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Summer business

Post by Chompy » 28 Apr 2018, 21:33

So if we believe SE and PR have made their minds up about 75% of the squad, whose future still hangs in the balance?

Shephard, Grant, Lloyd could well be three imo. I'd keep all three. Liked Shep's attitude today, Grant was MOTM and Lloyd's celebration with Cooper told a story. After all this was Lloyd's first season at this level after a big step up in class, and it would be fair to give him another year if he wants to stay.

HantsPosh
Posts: 317
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Summer business

Post by HantsPosh » 28 Apr 2018, 21:41

Chompy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:38
I'd be happy if Grant stayed.
Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5220
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Summer business

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 00:43

Never said that. FACT.

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5220
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Summer business

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 11:04

Wes Hoolahan would be ideal.

john316z
Posts: 2076
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 23:08

Re: Summer business

Post by john316z » 29 Apr 2018, 13:24

HantsPosh wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:41
Chompy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:38
I'd be happy if Grant stayed.
Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.
Even if that's the case what's wrong with changing your minds. You're just a hater and will never admit you're wrong even WHEN we go up next season

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27028
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Summer business

Post by bristleposh » 29 Apr 2018, 13:27

Chompy wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 11:04
Wes Hoolahan would be ideal.
I think he'd be in big demand if he doesn't retire. Good shout though
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15911
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Summer business

Post by DaveLister » 29 Apr 2018, 14:09

john316z wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 13:24
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:41
Chompy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:38
I'd be happy if Grant stayed.
Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.
Even if that's the case what's wrong with changing your minds. You're just a hater and will never admit you're wrong even WHEN we go up next season
You think we're sure fire certainties to go up? You know Sunderland will almost certainly take one of the promotion places next season?
Image

User avatar
Chompy
Posts: 5220
Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 16:26

Re: Summer business

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 14:11

Will they? Guess you'll be lumping on at 2-1 then?

HantsPosh
Posts: 317
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Summer business

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Apr 2018, 16:10

Chompy wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 00:43
Never said that. FACT.
Ha ha ha here we go again, you did and you know you did but hey I wouldn’t expect anything less from you.

HantsPosh
Posts: 317
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Summer business

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Apr 2018, 16:17

john316z wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 13:24
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:41
Chompy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:38
I'd be happy if Grant stayed.
Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.
Even if that's the case what's wrong with changing your minds. You're just a hater and will never admit you're wrong even WHEN we go up next season
Nothing wrong with changing your mind at all which is why I said I was pleased Chompy had done so. Funny how you mention haters given your crusade against McCann. Unlike your cofounder of the We Love Uncle Stevie Club I hope we do go up as I’ve never ever wanted us to lose.

You didn’t think McCann was the man to get us promoted (which I agreed with), I don’t think Uncle Stevie is. You never give a reason why you adore Evans so much because you have none! Maybe because you’re both very similar huh!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brianposh and 8 guests