Re: Summer business

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Apr 2018, 16:17

HantsPosh wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:17
john316z wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 13:24
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:41

Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.
Even if that's the case what's wrong with changing your minds. You're just a hater and will never admit you're wrong even WHEN we go up next season
Nothing wrong with changing your mind at all which is why I said I was pleased Chompy had done so. Funny how you mention haters given your crusade against McCann. Unlike your cofounder of the We Love Uncle Stevie Club I hope we do go up as I’ve never ever wanted us to lose.

You didn’t think McCann was the man to get us promoted (which I agreed with), I don’t think Uncle Stevie is. You never give a reason why you adore Evans so much. Maybe because you’re both very similar huh!

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 16:36

Poor old Hants. So negative all the time. And wrong as per. If you can find anything where I've said Grant isn't good enough on here, then get back to me.

And try making a positive post somewhere down the line. You never know, you might just enjoy it.

john316z

Post by john316z » 29 Apr 2018, 16:53

HantsPosh wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:17
john316z wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 13:24
HantsPosh wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 21:41

Pleased to hear you’ve for changed your mind on Grant after declaring, shortly after Evans arrived, that he wasn’t good enough and would never play for us again.
Even if that's the case what's wrong with changing your minds. You're just a hater and will never admit you're wrong even WHEN we go up next season
Nothing wrong with changing your mind at all which is why I said I was pleased Chompy had done so. Funny how you mention haters given your crusade against McCann. Unlike your cofounder of the We Love Uncle Stevie Club I hope we do go up as I’ve never ever wanted us to lose.

You didn’t think McCann was the man to get us promoted (which I agreed with), I don’t think Uncle Stevie is. You never give a reason why you adore Evans so much because you have none! Maybe because you’re both very similar huh!
I wanted Evans the last time but Darragh picked McCann. i was behind McCann until it turned sour for him and wanted a change weeks before it happened. I'm behind Evans as it is the first time in years we have recruited a manager with the pedigree to get us promoted. I sincerely we do. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do too.... At some point you'll have to want Evans to succeed otherwise you be defintion must want us to lose. Happy to be part of the Club... next season you'll all want to join when we motoring with a new squad

Chompy

Post by Chompy » 29 Apr 2018, 18:29

No. Everything was perfect as it was under GM.

Look at that away performance in the Cup at Woking. When we got played off by the park but a team who've just been relegated from the National League.

"Unlucky," says Grant to his boys afterwards, "We'll go again. We just have to focus on ourselves."

Rinse-repeat. Wrap them in cotton wool. Tell the world how close we are.

Seriously, thank god that chapter's over.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 29 Apr 2018, 19:34

Chompy wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:29
No. Everything was perfect as it was under GM.

Look at that away performance in the Cup at Woking. When we got played off by the park but a team who've just been relegated from the National League.

"Unlucky," says Grant to his boys afterwards, "We'll go again. We just have to focus on ourselves."

Rinse-repeat. Wrap them in cotton wool. Tell the world how close we are.

Seriously, thank god that chapter's over.
Nobody's saying everything was fine under McCann, you can't when we can't make a proper promotion push. But you weren't this negative about McCann in August, neither after the last transfer window when we'd kept Marriott and Maddison and bought in Omar Bogle - then, we were all hearing that Bogle was just the striker we needed. These were your words, Chompy.

Here's a fun fact. After the win over cobblers, under Evans management, we were in the box seat for a play off place. And now, we're not. He may well succeed next season, but one way or another, we'll definitely be singing his name, as he says. Some fans are doing that now, and not in a good way.

Chenza

Summer business

Post by Chenza » 30 Apr 2018, 13:40

Looks like the inevitable is going to happen Jack Marriott and Marcus Madison to leave Posh in the summer, proberlary to Notts Forest.
Peterborough United and the fans will miss these 2,even though was a tough season these 2 shone above everyone not just at Posh but thorough out the whole of division one.
Don't like to see our best players leaving Posh but it's onwards and upwards for these 2 and I wish them every success whoever they will play for.
Hopefully the players we will bring in to replace these guys will have the success Jack and Marcus had here.
Danny Lloyd could be a ideal front runner to play up front.
COYB
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

john316z

Summer business

Post by john316z » 30 Apr 2018, 15:10

Chenza wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 13:40
Looks like the inevitable is going to happen Jack Marriott and Marcus Madison to leave Posh in the summer, proberlary to Notts Forest.
Peterborough United and the fans will miss these 2,even though was a tough season these 2 shone above everyone not just at Posh but thorough out the whole of division one.
Don't like to see our best players leaving Posh but it's onwards and upwards for these 2 and I wish them every success whoever they will play for.
Hopefully the players we will bring in to replace these guys will have the success Jack and Marcus had here.
Danny Lloyd could be a ideal front runner to play up front.
COYB
Chance to fund an improved squad by selling them. Where they go who knows?

No thanks for Lloyd up front. Good impact player from bench but we should do better than that. If his touch was better then maybe

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 30 Apr 2018, 16:14

I'd be happy if we keep Lloyd, Taff, Grant, Edwards, Shep and Hughes, I won't be too disheartened if we keep a couple of others especially the younger ones. Baldwin, Madison and Marriott should leave the building
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

john316z

Post by john316z » 05 Jun 2018, 19:17

Cracking ameecthis so far. Hopefully nobody can criticise the new management team so far surely. I'm getting excited for August already

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 05 Jun 2018, 20:08

john316z wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 19:17
Cracking ameecthis so far. Hopefully nobody can criticise the new management team so far surely. I'm getting excited for August already
Of course they'll criticise him... It's what they do.

I'm surprised they're not calling for Uncle Darren to return....

john316z

Post by john316z » 05 Jun 2018, 20:39

superposh80 wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 20:08
john316z wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 19:17
Of course they'll criticise him... It's what they do.

I'm surprised they're not calling for Uncle Darren to return....
Give it time :wink:

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 05 Jun 2018, 23:16

john316z wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 20:39

Give it time :wink:
He's out of a job, you know

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 19 Jun 2018, 13:14

"No more signings until we've sold a few"

Yeah...Good one Darragh.

Lyle Taylor and a centre back next we think...

ashman

Post by ashman » 19 Jun 2018, 13:15

superposh80 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 13:14
"No more signings until we've sold a few"

Yeah...Good one Darragh.

Lyle Taylor and a centre back next we think...
You could, and I hope, be right. Smoke screens from Darragh though, once again! :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'